It's almost like people think we're watching the best.........

Lmao being an A level athlete doesn't translate to best fighters. Sure they can run fast or catch a fucking ball and I'll leave it at that don't feed the troll.

Hopefully Greg Hardy will put this "A-Level Athlete" debate to bed once and for all...

If A level athletes got paid $25 million to fight rather than play the line or run the ball, you'd see the where the sport of mma could go. I use Judge as an example because he is 6'8" and has an athletic build vs awkward Tim Sylvia frame. He'd kill with a bit of training, but he will make an obsene amount of $ playing non-contact baseball. That's all. relax.

I hate to break it to you, but the best athletes aren't wasting their time getting the shit beat out of them 3 times a year. They are busy winning in professional baseball, football, hockey......Do you not think Aaron Judge would not snap every heavyweights neck with a flick of his wrists if he got paid to do it?????? You guys actually think Roy Nelson is an elite athlete????? Time ti wake up. Jon Jones's brothers are the smart ones obviously

So in other words, they aren't fighters. So what?

I hate to break it to you, but the best athletes aren't wasting their time getting the shit beat out of them 3 times a year. They are busy winning in professional baseball, football, hockey......Do you not think Aaron Judge would not snap every heavyweights neck with a flick of his wrists if he got paid to do it?????? You guys actually think Roy Nelson is an elite athlete????? Time ti wake up. Jon Jones's brothers are the smart ones obviously
Wrong! I think were watching the best. The best of the atheletes that are willing to sacrife blood and guts, get, strangled, head kicked, eye poked, go through surgerys, compete at 60% while getting paid peanuts. I bet 90% of mmas best atheleats quit the sport after a couple of years training because it wasnt worth it to them. So what were left with is a low talent genetic pool with a extreme psychee. Do you know that all the talent in other sports has the psychee needed to climb to the top in the UFC? How can they be the best if they dont have what it takes?

God I hate these threads and usually don’t reply to them but far more goes into being a fighter then athleticism. The nfl has some top notch athletes but do you think most of them could handle getting punched in the face? Maybe some could, but can they stay composed and fire back while someone is punching and kicking them? It takes a different type of person to be able to handle these things.

I’ve watched so many good athletes, as well as regular dudes come into the gym and wanted to try out fighting, and most of them never come back after their first sparring session. It’s not something a lot of people can handle.

You maybe correct for the heavyweight division & even LHW, heck maybe even middle weight but 170 & below have elite athletes & their size isn't conducive for nfl or nba where it's a bunch of 6ft+ jacked up steroid heads.

I think Roy is the best example. Any quality athlete such as Aaron Judge could with the right training be a beast. Roy has no other options. Of course Aaron wouldn't waste his time because he can make millions not getting beat up. Imagine if fighters got paid $25 million a year We would see the best right?

I think Roy is the best example. Any quality athlete such as Aaron Judge could with the right training be a beast. Roy has no other options. Of course Aaron wouldn't waste his time because he can make millions not getting beat up. Imagine if fighters got paid $25 million a year We would see the best right?
No, that's cherry picking. Because I think it's kind of funny to compare a fat guy who has always been a gatekeeper in the weakest divison in MMA, to probably the best pure athlete that the MLB has seen in years. Can we compare Prince Fielder's athleticism to Yoel Romero's or George St. Pierre's while we're at? And who exactly is claiming that MMA has the absolute best athlete's in the world anyways? Yes, more money will bring in more athletes. That's logic. Another reason those sports have those athletes is because they've been playing those sports since they were 5. Nobody is growing up fighting in a cage.

Willingness to survive combat real combat not simulated combat like other sports is a gift. So is Cardio which is king for fighting. Beyond that you have all american wrestlers sometimes enter the sport. Thats cream of the crop out hundreds of thousands of wrestlers. Bottom line is you're wrong. Little Nate diaz would choke out 99% of players in football or basketball or baseball. Romero 100%.

Theres a hs wrestling saying "There's more state champs in the hallways than on the mats"

I won't argue that the NFL probably has the best athletes in the world, I've always said that. But mentioning freakin Roy Nelson instead of guys like Yoel Romero, Jon Jones, Henry Cejudo, Tyron Woodley, etc. is a bit cherry picking wouldn't you say? Stop trolling.
They have best athletes for football they can't play basketball or golf or fight to the level of athletes in those sports. Basically they are specialized like all other sports and best are where they are at.

Wow!

What a dick!

Do you also tell lil kids Santa n elf’s aren’t real?

Let’s us enjoy our e level athletes

I hate to break it to you, but the best athletes aren't wasting their time getting the shit beat out of them 3 times a year.
Oh yeah, they'd much rather ram their heads at each at full speed for several hours each game 12 times/year and all day during practice, you know, for the long-term health benefits. Which sport do guys get into to lose every time they show up?

<JagsKiddingMe>

A level athletes look worse than MMA fighters
One of the greatest pichers ever
david-wells.jpg

Renaldo a GOAT
Ronaldo-overweight-hittoleftfield.jpg

HOF running back Jermoe Pettis

704630693.jpg

it's true, but we take what we can get. MMA still has really good fighters. not in the highest weights right now, but BW to WW is doing pretty well. the day that MMA doesn't have shit pay anymore we could also attract great HWs again

UFC fighters are the superior athletes because they're actually fighting....insane that you would even mention a dude that plays glorified rounders(a girls/kids game)

fuck the SAS, SEALS and the delta squad. My grades were too high, I'm earning too much money, sports scholarship etc.....but I could be a bigger badass!!! honest!!

No excuses for not really being a badass, stick to your deskjobs/ballgames etc

Jon Jones's brothers are the smart ones obviously
if Jon's brothers were the smart ones....then they wouldnt have failed their drug test either
bork1}bork1}bork1}bork1}bork1}bork1}bork1}bork1}bork1}bork1}{<diva}

Also,
Does this best athlete=best fighter troll still work?

How far does anybody think ali or foreman could throw a shot put or run a 100?

Rocky Marxian went into boxing because he couldnt get picked up by a pro baseball team
<seedat>
Fighters are fighters, athletes are athletes
.....ive seen enough sloppy ass, windmill punching baseball, basketball, football and hockey fights to know that

The only major sports athletes I know of that has serious combat backgrounds are
Basketball players
Kendall gill (amateur boxing)
that Nigerian player (black belts in several disciplines iirc)

Joe klecko and Mark gastineau of the "new York sack exchange"

Gastineau turned pro in boxing after his nfl career and Joe klecko was a 2 time NCAA division 1 heavyweight boxing champ

This whole "social opiate" of modern sports zeitgeist athlete worship is kind of disgusting

Read an NFL scouting report sometime.....there will multiple mentions of the shape of the players ads relating to what they perceive as a indicator of his lower body power

These nfl, nba, MLB fans are the kind of men that imagine jj watt and lebron double teaming their wife as they masterbate in the corner

Face it...none of these A level athletes would do anything to a guy like stipe with six years training, let alone six months....what,are going to do?..
.verticsl leap out of the octagon? Catch a pass 80 yards down the field? Bench press him off when they get taken down?....
Oh that's right, it's a fight not a glorified game of professional
grab ass
Meaning stipe relishes in the possibility of getting hit as he wakes up every morning to go to war in a cage to train for going to war in a cage

You might as well tell me next that you could go back in time and drop off Lebron and jj watt on a Viking battlefield and they'd be the best at that too
<36>

Also who The Fuck is Aaron judge.....you name dropped him like 50 time....im kind of on the fence thinking you are him or closely related

And who is Prince fielder....if he was such a great athleye I think i would have heard of him.....all i know about baseball is that Mike Trout is the vest player and i don't need some sherdogger telling me otherwise, as thst is the consensus among fans, players, coaches, mangers and sports writers

Last edited:

A-level human beings like Kurt Cobain would have kick the ass of your A level athlete Aaron Judge if Judge decided to do MMA instead of baseball and Cobain decided to do MMA instead of music and blowing his brain's out, so shut the fuck up.

Back