It's almost like people think we're watching the best.........

rikibobby

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I hate to break it to you, but the best athletes aren't wasting their time getting the shit beat out of them 3 times a year. They are busy winning in professional baseball, football, hockey......Do you not think Aaron Judge would not snap every heavyweights neck with a flick of his wrists if he got paid to do it?????? You guys actually think Roy Nelson is an elite athlete????? Time ti wake up. Jon Jones's brothers are the smart ones obviously

166.gif

I hate to break it to you, but the best athletes aren't wasting their time getting the shit beat out of them 3 times a year. They are busy winning in professional baseball, football, hockey......Do you not think Aaron Judge would not snap every heavyweights neck with a flick of his wrists if he got paid to do it?????? You guys actually think Roy Nelson is an elite athlete????? Time ti wake up. Jon Jones's brothers are the smart ones obviously
Whatever you tell yourself to make you sleep better at night.

Lol this "A-level athlete" bullshit again...

go watch roy nelson destroy check kongo: the pinnacle of an athletic specimen.

roy nelson would take jon jones' brothers lunch money.

im dead serious.

Last edited:
Then close your sherdog account and stop watching MMA.

this is gonna trigger a lot of ppl but he is correct and there is nothing you can do about it either. the culture and money just isnt there.

He's kinda right though, the "best" athletes are spending their time getting multiple concussions and wrecking their joints.

Do you not think Aaron Judge would not snap every heavyweights neck with a flick of his wrists if he got paid to do it?????? You guys actually think Roy Nelson is an elite athlete?????
point 1

<FookIsThatGuy>

point 2

You pick not only one of the most out of shape OG's in MMA... but one that got demoted to Bellator against whom you figure is an alpha male in whatever sport it is that you are talking about. lets put Stipe against your guy

point 3

what is your guy's MMA experience? I don't care how naturally atheltic your guy is... if he hasn't practiced MMA... then any professional fighter around his weight would take him out in under a minute or less. Big Country included.

Last edited:
Do you not understand that this thread idea has been posted every week for the past 10 years?

I don't care who is or isn't an A-level athlete. I just want to see people of roughly equal size and ability beat seven shades of shit out of each other :cool:

He's kinda right though, the "best" athletes are spending their time getting multiple concussions and wrecking their joints.
OK zoobie. Aaron Judge is gonna get paid zilions to not get the crap get beat out of him. I guess this is a fighters-getting paid thread. Until they make $20 million a year, we won't see the potential.

being a great athlete does not make you a good fighter, me and my friends were the "thugs" of my high school and at one point or the other we beat up most of the football team who were much better athletes then us

I won't argue that the NFL probably has the best athletes in the world, I've always said that. But mentioning freakin Roy Nelson instead of guys like Yoel Romero, Jon Jones, Henry Cejudo, Tyron Woodley, etc. is a bit cherry picking wouldn't you say? Stop trolling.

OK zoobie. Aaron Judge is gonna get paid zilions to not get the crap get beat out of him. I guess this is a fighters-getting paid thread. Until they make $20 million a year, we won't see the potential.

This is so dumb. There’s some super level of MMA that no one has ever seen, where the the card is top to bottom stacked with super athletes who have skills that’s no one has ever seen before! And this is all because people can run fast and catch balls.

the best mma guys aren't in the ufc.. they know they get more fighting in other orgs

I won't argue that the NFL probably has the best athletes in the world, I've always said that. But mentioning freakin Roy Nelson instead of guys like Yoel Romero, Jon Jones, Henry Cejudo, Tyron Woodley, etc. is a bit cherry picking wouldn't you say? Stop trolling.
I think Roy is the best example. Any quality athlete such as Aaron Judge could with the right training be a beast. Roy has no other options. Of course Aaron wouldn't waste his time because he can make millions not getting beat up. Imagine if fighters got paid $25 million a year We would see the best right?

I dont get this. There are plenty of ripped machines involved in mma who by any definition are athletes.

What is an athlete ?

A linebacker ?
A kicker ?
A benchwarmer in the nba ?
Some dude swinging a bat ?
A longjumper in the Olympics ?

We need to elaborate on just what an athlete is and who qualifies. Ok roy nelson isnt ezactly the definition of athlete but neither are a bunch of nfl players.

Back