It's almost like people think we're watching the best.........

So get the fuck out of here. Why are you posting? If this is trolling it's missing the mark.

Fuck Tony Montana too....daddy was too rich, my grades were too high, I got a scholarship to play college sports etc. So I don't need to be a gangster....but I still am, honest

Hate to break it to you but we're watching fighters not athletes playing some childish ball games

if Jon's brothers were the smart ones....then they wouldnt have failed their drug test either
If we're being technical, only Arthur has failed a drug test. Chandler didn't. He was just a retard and smoked synthetic marijuana.

I think Roy is the best example. Any quality athlete such as Aaron Judge could with the right training be a beast. Roy has no other options. Of course Aaron wouldn't waste his time because he can make millions not getting beat up. Imagine if fighters got paid $25 million a year We would see the best right?
Roy Nelson.

Babe Ruth, Prince Fielder, Warren Sapp, (Brazilian)Ronaldo, Phil Kessel... top of my head. All MORE successful fat guys in their sports.

NFL/ NBA athletes couldn't make it past USADA. They literally have the worst athletes in the world. Even Cricket has better athletes unless proven otherwise. MMA fighters are 100% the best fighters in the world and they're also definitely the best athletes. But even if think playing with balls or running fast somehow makes you a better fighter, remember, the fastest / strongest / most athletic guy is NEVER the best player in his own god damn sport so fuck you and your ball sports. All the high school football players got their shit pushed in by the wrestlers, boxers and MAist and the basketball players? Lol

Ah, the often revisited A-Level Athlete myth.

1. Cardio - many NFL, MLB, and Olympic athletes operate in bursts, are sometimes obese, and don't have the stamina for a 5 round fight
2. Toughness - nobody is going to carry you out on a stretcher or pamper your boo boos here. Nobody is going to inject your ouchie with drugs, either. Didn't like how that felt? It's going to feel even worse the next 20 times
3. No Morons - being big, strong, or fast ain't gonna cut it. You need to be able to react, find weaknesses, work through complex grappling exchanges, remember and follow very specific instructions under pressure. Sure you can be a Chris Leben, but can you be a GSP or Anderson Silva?
4. Fighter/Killer Instinct - Will you really lock yourself in a cage and fight, blood and bone, no teammates, until either you or the other guy is unconscious or worse? Not many will.

That said, until it pays like ball sports, few real diamonds are going to pursue MMA, but you're a fool if you don't think a few killers haven't come and gone just because they wanted to scrap, not toss balls. And more and more will.

So apparently, being good at swinging a baseball bat, or dribbling a basketball, somehow magically translates to being a good fighter.

You learning something new everyday at Retardog..... I mean Sherdog.

Do you not think Aaron Judge would not snap every heavyweights neck with a flick of his wrists if he got paid to do it??????

You mean, if you tied a heavyweight's arms behind him so Aaron could take a clean shot? Then maybe.

Teh fook outa heere

Ysg6u2AvFayti.gif

giphy.gif

so corny and cringe worthy lol

Hopefully Greg Hardy will put this "A-Level Athlete" debate to bed once and for all...

To be honest he looks slow and uncoordinated, but he is still new to the game.

People pretending that NFL and NBA athletes are superior and would dominate fighting in a couple of years are out of their mind.
Different sports different type of athletes, in mma having a fast 40 yards sprint means jack shit.

To be honest he looks slow and uncoordinated, but he is still new to the game.

People pretending that NFL and NBA athletes are superior and would dominate fighting in a couple of years are out of their mind.
Different sports different type of athletes, in mma having a fast 40 yards sprint means jack shit.

Don’t you know? It means that you’d outwrestle the best wrestlers. They’d all have black belts in BJJ and Karate inside 3 weeks. They’re Muay Thai would be off the charts!

this is gonna trigger a lot of ppl but he is correct and there is nothing you can do about it either. the culture and money just isnt there.
Nah

Nothing transfers from those other sports except work ethic and athleticism. Those two don't transfer to skill or toughness in a fight.

Personally, I really dont care about watching athletes fight cause its their career option, im heret to see natural born fighters do what they were born to do.

Im not interested in Tyron Woodleys and Sage Northcutts of the world. Im interested in Wanderleis, Sakurabas, Diaz brothers, those type of characters.

I hate to break it to you, but the best athletes aren't wasting their time getting the shit beat out of them 3 times a year. They are busy winning in professional baseball, football, hockey......Do you not think Aaron Judge would not snap every heavyweights neck with a flick of his wrists if he got paid to do it?????? You guys actually think Roy Nelson is an elite athlete????? Time ti wake up. Jon Jones's brothers are the smart ones obviously

There's more to fighting than just athletics. Can these elite athletes take a punch? Do they have the cardio or are they geared for sprinting at 100%? Can they handle being in an individual sport where they get locked into the cage all by themselves without a team around them? It's a whole different animal. I have no doubt there are elite athletes in other sports who maybe tick all of these boxes but get paid much more in other sports. But I bet there are a whole lot more of them who don't tick the boxes and just aren't built for fighting.

Personally, I really dont care about watching athletes fight cause its their career option, im heret to see natural born fighters do what they were born to do.

Im not interested in Tyron Woodleys and Sage Northcutts of the world. Im interested in Wanderleis, Sakurabas, Diaz brothers, those type of characters.

That's a good way to put it. Sometimes the most insane athletics fighters turn fights into an athletic competition rather than a fight and it just isn't exciting. Woodley is one of the most athletic guys in the UFC but he completely bores me. Then look at Black Beast, very exciting fighter.

Back