It should be illegal to be a stay at home mother

I think one of the truly great things a mother can do if they have the financial means to do so is be a stay at home mother.

Unfortunately with divorce rates so high it is in the mothers best interest to get an education and enter into the workforce. Doing so at a later date is much more difficult.

I look back on the 50's and 60's and think children were raised better because of the family dynamics. But then again I could be wrong as I was not raised during that period and cannot give my own personal experience as opinion.

I think one of the truly great things a mother can do if they have the financial means to do so is be a stay at home mother.

Unfortunately with divorce rates so high it is in the mothers best interest to get an education and enter into the workforce.
It's the women making those divorce rates high - it's at least 3/4 of divorces that are initiated by women. It's not divorce rates that are putting women into workforce, it's feminism - selling the narrative that being a wife and a mother is somehow beneath a woman.

I look back on the 50's and 60's and think children were raised better because of the family dynamics. But then again I could be wrong as I was not raised during that period and cannot give my own personal experience as opinion.
In those years the family dynamic was a lot more healthy than it is these days.

Zero. If they can't figure out how to make their family function, how could anyone trust the future of the nation to them?

Your wife becomes a cheating sloot. Your husband becomes an abusive drunk. You leave them. You're employed full time, pay taxes, etc. You get zero votes, because you couldn't find a way to maintain a functioning family. Sounds reasonable.

It's the women making those divorce rates high - it's at least 3/4 of divorces that are initiated by women. It's not divorce rates that are putting women into workforce, it's feminism - selling the narrative that being a wife and a mother is somehow beneath a woman.

In those years the family dynamic was a lot more healthy than it is these days.

Do you think women just woke up one day and decided to start divorcing their husbands because it was the cool thing to do or maybe they didn't like the treatment they were receiving at home and felt that being divorced was better than another slap to the face? A good family dynamic in my mind is where both parents understand their roles and give equal respect to one another.

What I am trying to say in the least "cucky" way is that men are just as responsible for those high divorce rates as it takes two people to make a relationship to work.

Your wife becomes a cheating sloot. Your husband becomes an abusive drunk. You leave them. You're employed full time, pay taxes, etc. You get zero votes, because you couldn't find a way to maintain a functioning family. Sounds reasonable.
Yep.

Do you think women just woke up one day and decided to start divorcing their husbands because it was the cool thing to do or maybe they didn't like the treatment they were receiving at home and felt that being divorced was better than another slap to the face? A good family dynamic in my mind is where both parents understand their roles and give equal respect to one another.

What I am trying to say in the least "cucky" way is that men are just as responsible for those high divorce rates as it takes two people to make a relationship to work.
I think a lot of the reason for high divorce is social media. Its soooo damn easy to cheat or hook up with someone that cheating and divorces are bound to increase.

Last edited:
Do you think women just woke up one day and decided to start divorcing their husbands because it was the cool thing to do or maybe they didn't like the treatment they were receiving at home and felt that being divorced was better than another slap to the face?
Yes, I do.

A good family dynamic in my mind is where both parents understand their roles and give equal respect to one another.
I agree.

One can't behave well for others.

Unfortunately with divorce rates so high it is in the mothers best interest to get an education and enter into the workforce. Doing so at a later date is much more difficult.

I think this is an entirely valid opinion. Do you think it should be legally required?

I think this is an entirely valid opinion. Do you think it should be legally required?

No I do not think so as it is up to each person to make the best decision given the information they have at the time. It should be a personal choice.

It's disgusting that these dumb dumbs could be book smart but are not vertically driven since they are too lazy. Yet, they burn their man's hard earn green paper on themselves like nothing.

My wife is a stay at home mother. It allows her to see the kids off to school, be there when they come home, provide a stable environment at home, better ensure they eat healthy. In addition to that it keeps our vehicle costs lower, ensures that I eat better, because she packs my lunch and welcomes me home with a hot dinner (or breakfast when I'm on night shifts). She also keeps busy with the animals that we raise, gardens, and other things around the home that would be neglected if she went back to work. More power to women who want to go right back to work, but also more power to women who see the home as their career.

So you've never read basic feminist literature that are required reading in any feminist courses, and I'm the one making assumptions based on nothing? I'm trying to tell you what kind of things feminists talk about, and a lot of them talk about things like whether women should be "allowed" to stay at home.

Your attempt to marginalize a central feminist figure is futile. Your attempt to place it only in the context of the past is futile, because here's an article from yesterday spouting the same crap.

For feminism to have any value as a movement, it's going to need to be purged or separated from radicalism that has so strongly influenced the movement since the 60s (and a little before).

What you have been effective in communicating is your disinterest in what feminists say when that transgresses the line of what you think feminists ought to say.

I think you have an issue with most modern feminists because they disagree with you on many things. And that's fine. Maybe you felt threatened by this editor's statement, it was a stupid one.

You're still making a huge assumption. Like, do you honestly think if "Modern feminists" put out a platform, that platform would prohibit being a stay at home mom? Come on.

And you're making that assumption because of one author? I don't care how vital to the movement she is or was, it's still an enormous assumption to make, that all feminists are taking specific courses, and that all of those courses require the same reading material, it's ridiculous and something you could never prove.

I really don't care about this editor's opinion, or what a famous feminist figure wrote. I'm just here to point out how absurd it is to think this view is common, or the norm for feminists. If you want to attack me, go for it. It won't change that the stupid opinion in this thread isn't normal, and was probably just created as a way to get some cheap shots in on feminists.

cheers

I think you have an issue with most modern feminists because they disagree with you on many things. And that's fine. Maybe you felt threatened by this editor's statement, it was a stupid one.

Lol, don't be condescending. I have an issue with modern, radical feminism because it tends toward the authoritarian.

And you're making that assumption because of one author? I don't care how vital to the movement she is or was, it's still an enormous assumption to make, that all feminists are taking specific courses, and that all of those courses require the same reading material, it's ridiculous and something you could never prove.

1. At the bare minimum, please have the honesty to admit I've used more than one author here.
2. I guarantee that any first year women studies major knows who Simone de Beauvoir is. I used her as an example because of how widely known and respected her writings are in the feminist world. Your ignorance of the subject does not undercut my argument.

I really don't care about this editor's opinion, or what a famous feminist figure wrote. I'm just here to point out how absurd it is to think this view is common, or the norm for feminists.

Exactly. Thanks for the honesty. You don't care what a feminist editor today thinks and you can't be bothered with what famous feminists think. But you remain confident enough to argue with me for pointing out what feminists think. Before you talk, you should read a book.

No, but I think that illustrates my point. My undergrad major was English, and I have 100% never heard of her. I highly doubt the majority of modern feminists are actually taking women's studies courses, and the ones that are probably have the intellectual capacity to read her work and know what is or is not a good theory. I included a date, because time changes context. So this woman may have articulated a stupid point in hindsight, but you can't hold it against her now. It probably doesn't take away from her overall message.

Like, F. Scott Fitzgerald wrote a famous white wash of the jazz age, but no one calls him a racist because we know he was just a man of his time. He is still valuable and a part of the literary cannon.

But if you wrote about the Jazz age now and didn't include any black characters, everyone would assume you were an idiot or a racist.

I think modern feminists struggle with how to handle women of color issues, among other problems. Plenty of loud idiots, but again, you're making an assumption based on very little evidence. This thread topic is a ridiculous viewpoint, and it is one that I, and most other feminists would reject. It's like watching one of those BLM youtube videos where they chant "kill whitey" and deciding that viewpoint is fueling everyone in the group. Loud idiots tend to get noticed. I respect what you're saying, but I don't follow.

I don't know shit about feminism (and don't want to) but even I know who Simone de Beauvoir is. She's the most famous feminist in history other than Joan of Arc.

Lol, don't be condescending. I have an issue with modern, radical feminism because it tends toward the authoritarian.

1. At the bare minimum, please have the honesty to admit I've used more than one author here.
2. I guarantee that any first year women studies major knows who Simone de Beauvoir is. I used her as an example because of how widely known and respected her writings are in the feminist world. Your ignorance of the subject does not undercut my argument.

Exactly. Thanks for the honesty. You don't care what a feminist editor today thinks and you can't be bothered with what famous feminists think. But you remain confident enough to argue with me for pointing out what feminists think. Before you talk, you should read a book.

I'm really done with this argument because I've made my point. No amount of shaming or name calling will change the fact that this BS opinion is not an opinion that is likely to be representative of feminists as a whole. Good day to you.

I don't know shit about feminism (and don't want to) but even I know who Simone de Beauvoir is. She's the most famous feminist in history other than Joan of Arc.

yeah I kind of had to face palm myself lol. There's a good chance I read some of her work in college, but no chance in hell I would remember that.

My wife is a stay at home mother. It allows her to see the kids off to school, be there when they come home, provide a stable environment at home, better ensure they eat healthy. In addition to that it keeps our vehicle costs lower, ensures that I eat better, because she packs my lunch and welcomes me home with a hot dinner (or breakfast when I'm on night shifts). She also keeps busy with the animals that we raise, gardens, and other things around the home that would be neglected if she went back to work. More power to women who want to go right back to work, but also more power to women who see the home as their career.

Your wife raises livestock too? I need to get my shit together.

shepherd-3.jpg

What was the evidence, again?
Quotations from several authors. Do you want more? Also, I never said that these ladies represent feminism as a whole. Whatever you think feminism is, it certainly isn't monolithic. I said it was a very influential strain of feminism, and it is.

Back