It should be illegal to be a stay at home mother

Quotations from several authors. Do you want more? Also, I never said that these ladies represent feminism as a whole. Whatever you think feminism is, it certainly isn't monolithic. I said it was a very influential strain of feminism, and it is.

No, you're right, and I'm sorry if I put words in your mouth. Not my intention. Without a doubt many conflicting views exist in the feminism spectrum, or what have you.

But it is still unlikely to be a viewpoint most feminists share, and providing author quotes in no way is evidence to that claim. Just an assumption.

Again, unless you can prove that most feminists will: take the same courses, read the same authors, and be profoundly impacted by said reading, then it is simply a whole lot of speculation. Or not evidence.

I'm more than willing to admit you are much more well read than I on the subject, but you should admit if this is your evidence, then you simply only have speculation.

And maybe you're right! It is possible, but it is not something that is a forgone conclusion. God dammit I keep posting and I said I was done 5 posts ago lol.

and for what its worth, I think you're slaughtering me in this debate. But what is saving me is I'm not making that assumption. You're setting out (at this point) to convince me that the view in the OP is a popular one among modern feminists. You have a tougher job than I do, but you haven't sold me on it (yet).

No, you're right, and I'm sorry if I put words in your mouth. Not my intention. Without a doubt many conflicting views exist in the feminism spectrum, or what have you.

But it is still unlikely to be a viewpoint most feminists share, and providing author quotes in no way is evidence to that claim. Just an assumption.

Again, unless you can prove that most feminists will: take the same courses, read the same authors, and be profoundly impacted by said reading, then it is simply a whole lot of speculation. Or not evidence.

I'm more than willing to admit you are much more well read than I on the subject, but you should admit if this is your evidence, then you simply only have speculation.

And maybe you're right! It is possible, but it is not something that is a forgone conclusion. God dammit I keep posting and I said I was done 5 posts ago lol.

and for what its worth, I think you're slaughtering me in this debate. But what is saving me is I'm not making that assumption. You're setting out (at this point) to convince me that the view in the OP is a popular one among modern feminists. You have a tougher job than I do, but you haven't sold me on it (yet).

Lol, you did say you were done five posts ago, so we should let it lie.

The most important responsibility a mother has is to her children and family. It's not to her career or the feminist cause.

Mothers should have the right to decide what's best for her family.

Is this not true of fathers?

Haha. Sorry if I got too feisty.

i appreciate the enthusiasm. I can be pretty thick headed, but I feel somewhat enlightened after hearing your argument.

Seriously, too. I like hearing the other side, especially if it comes from someone more well versed in a subject than I am. Good times.

Short term is fine but long term greatly depends on finances. If one income earner makes enough for the family to live and to save for retirement for both thats great but what if they dont? How will the stay at home partner retire on just a government income benefit? Its just not smart to put your retirement funding in the hands of someone else. I think the message is sound but obviously mandating it is a little extreme. If you dont mind spending your golden years as a walmart greeter than by all means stay at home as long as you like, its your life.

Yeah, that's fair. I couldn't have afforded to do it any longer than I did.

Your wife raises livestock too? I need to get my shit together.

shepherd-3.jpg
Just chickens, ducks and rabbits. If we get our shit together when the snow melts the plan is to add turkeys and goats to the list. She also wants bees and a pig.

Back