It should be illegal to be a stay at home mother

Jorge Luis Borges

Plutonium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
An editorial by Australian feminist Sarrah Le Marquand.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/re...m/news-story/fbd6fe7b79e8b4136d49d991b6a1f41c

She advocates forcing women to get jobs once their children are school age:

"Rather than wail about the supposed liberation in a woman’s right to choose to shun paid employment, we should make it a legal requirement that all parents of children of school-age or older are gainfully employed.
But it’s time for a serious rethink of this kid-glove approach to women of child-bearing and child-rearing age. Holding us less accountable when it comes to our employment responsibilities is not doing anyone any favours. Not children, not fathers, not bosses — and certainly not women.
"

In doing so, she exposes the ugly underbelly of much second and most third wave feminism; it isn't about liberating women at all. It's about forcing women to adhere to the standards and values that feminists dictate:

"Only when the tiresome and completely unfounded claim that “feminism is about choice” is dead and buried (it’s not about choice, it’s about equality) will we consign restrictive gender stereotypes to history."

Feminism like that espoused by the author is anti-freedom and anti-woman.

"Employment responsibilities"? What the fuck is wrong with her?

The most important responsibility a mother has is to her children and family. It's not to her career or the feminist cause.

Mothers should have the right to decide what's best for her family.

3 step program for destroying western civilizations:

1. Crazy feminists insidiously destroy the native birthrate

2. Corporations and political parties don't want their useless, sterile population anymore and look for fertile replacements

3. Feminists are unable to admit their ideology is retarded and start pretending they love Sharia law and find it liberating to be beaten by witchdoctors

I think in the modern world it is almost required that mothers have some sort of income generation, but if it is an option I think there is no problem with stay at home parents (the author seems to think that only women fill that role). I think there are far larger problems facing the modern family unit, and feminism in general. Luckily, I do believe "feminists" like this are on the fringe, though like all extremists they do find their opinions injected into the general culture from time to time.

The most important responsibility a mother has is to her children. It's not her career or the feminist cause.

Mothers should have the right to decide what's best for her family.

Agreed. I'd argue that this is true for fathers as well.

Feminists like Marquand think a women's greatest responsibility is toward feminist priorities, in this case, matching the choices of men in terms of employment.

A really stupid statement. Women, just as men, should have the freedom to do whatever they want.

If they want to work, let them. If they want to stay home and have someone to provide for them, let them. These statements work for men as well.

Feminists like Marquand think a women's greatest responsibility is toward feminist priorities, in this case, matching the choices of men in terms of employment.
Here's what's interesting about feminists.

They are often angry
Angry that they are women and angry at the role and responsibility that God gave women
They seem to wish that they were men and had the role and responsibilities of men. And they seem to hate being women.

3 step program for destroying western civilizations:

1. Crazy feminists insidiously destroy the native birthrate

2. Corporations and political parties don't want their useless, sterile population anymore and look for fertile replacements

3. Feminists are unable to admit their ideology is retarded and start pretending they love Sharia law and find it liberating to be beaten by witchdoctors

Corporations have done as much as anyone to destroy the native birthrate. When you look at who is lobbying for lower wages, slashing maternity leave, cutting health insurance, all those things that add security to the process of raising a child, it comes back to private industry. Not to mention the secondary factors such as pollution, job insecurity, the cyclical economic bubbles...

It might sound cliched, but the main reason I am not interested in children is because I don't trust the world I would be bringing them into.

Women have no moral or social responsibility to support the causes of other women unless they agree with them, and even then it's a personal choice as to how involved one wishes to participate. If I were a woman not only would I be offended at this idiot believing she can speak for me, my priorities and the priorities of my family, but I'd likely enjoy busting her noisy opinionated beak in with some hellbows.

Feminism is about the freedom of choice to decide what one wants to do with ones life.

I think that lady missed the memo.

Here's what's interesting about feminists.

They are often angry
Angry that they are women and angry at the role and responsibility that God gave women
They seem to wish that they were men and had the role and responsibilities of men. And they seem to hate being women.

This might well be true. But I don't have a problem with any feminist being angry at their own lot in life or dissatisfied because they feel pushed by society into role. My gripe with feminists is that they are so often angry with me and want to push me into a role they define.

An editorial by Australian feminist Sarrah Le Marquand.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/re...m/news-story/fbd6fe7b79e8b4136d49d991b6a1f41c

She advocates forcing women to get jobs once their children are school age:

"Rather than wail about the supposed liberation in a woman’s right to choose to shun paid employment, we should make it a legal requirement that all parents of children of school-age or older are gainfully employed.
But it’s time for a serious rethink of this kid-glove approach to women of child-bearing and child-rearing age. Holding us less accountable when it comes to our employment responsibilities is not doing anyone any favours. Not children, not fathers, not bosses — and certainly not women.
"

In doing so, she exposes the ugly underbelly of much second and most third wave feminism; it isn't about liberating women at all. It's about forcing women to adhere to the standards and values that feminists dictate:

"Only when the tiresome and completely unfounded claim that “feminism is about choice” is dead and buried (it’s not about choice, it’s about equality) will we consign restrictive gender stereotypes to history."

Feminism like that espoused by the author is anti-freedom and anti-woman.
So austrailia is about to have legally mandated labor?

Feminism is about the freedom of choice to decide what one wants to do with ones life.

I think that lady missed the memo.

My experience with feminists suggests that Le Marquand ins't very out of step here. It is feminists who strongly advocate for female individuality who are ostracized from the movement, like Camille Paglia.

nothing from australia should be taken seriously

This might well be true. But I don't have a problem with any feminist being angry at their own lot in life or dissatisfied because they feel pushed by society into role. My gripe with feminists is that they are so often angry with me and want to push me into a role they define.
I think it's sad that feminists mothers don't want to embrace their role as being a mother first before their career. And I think it's sad that they want to tell others to rank career ahead of being a mother.

It's her right to say it even if I don't like it.

Anyway, I'd stay away from feminists. I don't mesh with their philosophy.

Yet another "modern feminist" that has lost the sense of what "feminism" is actually about.

Its about women being equal and having the opportunity for choose things for themselves (example: the women who fought for voting in the early 1900s, THAT was actual feminism and it was brave as hell)

I can't stand this modern twist on things like feminism where all women must think and adhere a certain way in order to be "progressive". Its not progressive, its suppression.

The women were "liberated" from the horrific fate of cultivating life, so that they could become production drones like the men.

It's great to see that we have managed to crush one of the few redeeming qualities about the female gender, through feminist propaganda. Comrade Lenin would be very happy.

No longer do we have to listen to poets living the clouds preaching about the superiority of the feminine to the masculine, about how they bring others to life while men may only wish to take life. The hands of women have been soiled equal to that of the men's, through the labour that we are all now forced to partake in. They are "us" now.

Last edited:

Yay indentured servitude for every one!

Back