Media Israel Adesanya on mocking Alex Pereira's son: 'I did that kid a favor'

Think as you wish, video is in a thread here someone in the comments translated what Pereira said. I'm not going to look through threads to prove a point.
So, you don't have a point. Stop lying trying to make one.

Didn't watch the video.
Kid did a childish (and petty thing in general).
Izzy doing the same to show him that if you "live by the sword, you can die by the sword", or however you want to put it.
He didn't hurt him, he didn't do anything that the kid didn't do himself.

Was it unnecessary? Probably.
Was it (also) childish? Probably.
Was it (also) petty? Probably.

At the end of the day, if you mock someone you don't get to cry when you get mocked back.
I still can't believe there's so much talk about this :D

Didn't watch the video.
Kid did a childish (and petty thing in general).
Izzy doing the same to show him that if you "live by the sword, you can die by the sword", or however you want to put it.
He didn't hurt him, he didn't do anything that the kid didn't do himself.

Was it unnecessary? Probably.
Was it (also) childish? Probably.
Was it (also) petty? Probably.

At the end of the day, if you mock someone you don't get to cry when you get mocked back.
I still can't believe there's so much talk about this :D

This is all correct.

Between the racism, mocking children, painting his finger nails and having manchild tendencies, I feel like Izzy has surpassed prime Woodley and Belal in terms of leastwise likeable fighters
OMG he painted his fingernails? I too hate people who have coloured fingernails.
You are not any of these things right, a real fucking mans man yo?
Talk about unlikable people, you sound like a right c*.

Last edited:
Only a coward ... would dodge the rematch

while chirping a child like it's a "win".

Just rematch Alex you fuckin' pussy.

The whole dog collar anime kid grudge shit is simp.

Hate kids like this. Win once, run and tell their friends how good they are.

Still needs 3 more finishes over Alex to "beat" him. Pussy brain.
Izzy isn't the guy moving to another division, lol

I didn't know there was a backstory behind what Izzy did.
Yeah, I have no problem with what he did after hearing the origin story. The father is responsible for his son, and if your son is doing something disrespectful like that in the ring and you don't check him that reflects on your parenting.
That kid will never forget that moment, and maybe he'll think about it in the future and it can help keep him humble in life.

I didn't know there was a backstory behind what Izzy did.
Yeah, I have no problem with what he did after hearing the origin story. The father is responsible for his son, and if your son is doing something disrespectful like that in the ring and you don't check him that reflects on your parenting.
That kid will never forget that moment, and maybe he'll think about it in the future and it can help keep him humble in life.

“The father is responsible for his son”

“I have no problem with what Izzy did”

<WhatIsThis>

It’s just salt in the wounds from Izzy which he has done time and time again. It has nothing to do with disciplining the son, it was about attempting to humiliate Pereira.

If you think Adesanya has done some kind of service to that kid for doing that after he knocked his dad out then again it just speaks about where your heads at along with most Adesanya fans.

Man Izzy is actually savage. I love it

“The father is responsible for his son”

“I have no problem with what Izzy did”

<WhatIsThis>

It’s just salt in the wounds from Izzy which he has done time and time again. It has nothing to do with disciplining the son, it was about attempting to humiliate Pereira.

If you think Adesanya has done some kind of service to that kid for doing that after he knocked his dad out then again it just speaks about where your heads at along with most Adesanya fans.

More than one thing can be true at the same time.
I'm not a fan or a hater. I like both fighters.
If I had a martial arts competition with an opponent, got KO'd, and his kid got in the ring and did that, I wouldn't forget it. That's a reflection on the father. It's a bit hard to imagine a kid getting into a ring in front of a crowd doing that all by himself with no prompting, or his father having no knowledge that he was going to do that. The father should have made his son show some respect.
I'm not calling Izzy a hero, but I am saying he was more than justified for doing what he did. That kid can grow up to be a douche and forget this happened, or, maybe he will go into martial arts himself someday and think twice before he disrespects others.

More than one thing can be true at the same time.
I'm not a fan or a hater. I like both fighters.
If I had a martial arts competition with an opponent, got KO'd, and his kid got in the ring and did that, I wouldn't forget it. That's a reflection on the father. It's a bit hard to imagine a kid getting into a ring in front of a crowd doing that all by himself with no prompting, or his father having no knowledge that he was going to do that. The father should have made his son show some respect.
I'm not calling Izzy a hero, but I am saying he was more than justified for doing what he did. That kid can grow up to be a douche and forget this happened, or, maybe he will go into martial arts himself someday and think twice before he disrespects others.

Unreal. So whether he becomes a douche or not depends on whether or not he remembers this one moment that lasted 5 seconds… insane logic mate

it weren’t about disciplining or trying to put the kid on the straight n narrow lmao, it was about rubbing salt in the wounds of Pereira.

Unreal. So whether he becomes a douche or not depends on whether or not he remembers this one moment that lasted 5 seconds… insane logic mate

it weren’t about disciplining or trying to put the kid on the straight n narrow lmao, it was about rubbing salt in the wounds of Pereira.
Do you live in a black and white colored world?
Do you really think that I am saying that this moment is going to determine whether or not this kid becomes a good kid, or a douche bag?

The kid may take a lesson from it, and he may not. Who knows?
My point here is about Izzy's thinking behind it. Originally, this was presented as Izzy just being a freaking weirdo POS that targeted Alex's kid out of nowhere.
His reasoning for doing it makes sense. Is it classy? No. Is it what I would have done? No. But I understand what he is saying.
Again, two things can be true at the same time. Fuck, it three things can be true at the same time.
He wanted to rub salt on Perieria's wounds, he wanted to teach his kid a lesson, AND he was so hyped after his win that he wanted to show off a bit.

Do you live in a black and white colored world?
Do you really think that I am saying that this moment is going to determine whether or not this kid becomes a good kid, or a douche bag?

The kid may take a lesson from it, and he may not. Who knows?
My point here is about Izzy's thinking behind it. Originally, this was presented as Izzy just being a freaking weirdo POS that targeted Alex's kid out of nowhere.
His reasoning for doing it makes sense. Is it classy? No. Is it what I would have done? No. But I understand what he is saying.
Again, two things can be true at the same time. Fuck, it three things can be true at the same time.
He wanted to rub salt on Perieria's wounds, he wanted to teach his kid a lesson, AND he was so hyped after his win that he wanted to show off a bit.

Okay so what was the lesson when he pretended to bum Costa?

He does this shit after every fight

Okay so what was the lesson when he pretended to bum Costa?

He does this shit after every fight
To respect the sport, and your opponent, because you never know when you're going to be the one knocked out in front of the world.

He hasn't done it to every opponent. He did it to guys he had issues with.
Again, I'm not even some Izzy fan boy---I'm not defending every action he's done.

A grown man, who was made fun of by a 5yr old kid, claims he doesn't look back

But has clearly been looking back for 7yrs. 7yrs to grow as a "man" and a person - but nope, held on to something a child did years ago and when he got his chance decided to show the world who the actual child is.

Then again this is mma where wife beaters, ped abusers and rapists get glorified so his behaviour is par the course for the ufc in particular.

Back