PEREIRA x ADESANYA II (Alex' best performance, blown by his impetuance)

TS so fucked up by Alex’s loss that he’s making up words.

Disagree.

Alex (and his corner) kept talking about "watching out for the right" ... but the second Alex "smelled blood," he forgot to do exactly that.
He's not the first fighter that that has happened to. Gray had Frankie hurt more than once and when he went back to his corner Randy angrily told him he's trying to knock him out, just beat him up. By the time Gray figured that out he was tired and Frankie was putting it on. Same thing with Alex, he had it in his mind and ended up losing a step to complete the walk.

Izzy said the only way he could ever rematch Poatan was if he won the 205 strap, but of course he just said it because he never thought he would actually win it!

Now... crickets

Well, Adesanya isn't champion anymore. No one's talking about the fight because you're asking for a champion's first title defense to be against a non-champion from a lower weight class. That's not going to happen no matter who you are.

Well, Adesanya isn't champion anymore. No one's talking about the fight because you're asking for a champion's first title defense to be against a non-champion from a lower weight class. That's not going to happen no matter who you are.
Well if they about to give Khamzat a ts with 0 top mw wins then anything can happen

Imagine losing to a smaller guy who’s leg you kicked into Bolivia by devastating ko. No wonder Alex can’t get over that.

Pereira fans still coming to terms with their hero getting flatlined.

They're about to get another dose if Ankalaev is given a title shot.

Izzy's landed the same punch on him every time they've fought, and they got worse each fight. First fight he rocked him but they kept fighting, 2nd fight they gave him a weird standing 8 count to recover, the first MMA fight he was saved by the bell, and the last one finally finished the job.
Yep Pereira's is very stiff and upright, not much in the way of head movement. He's been caught with that same punch and nearly wiped out in the first MMA fight, and he got caught in the rematch too, before eventually getting sent to the shadow realm.

I actually think they are both great fighters, not going to take a side. I hope they do a rematch one day after they are 1-1 in mma. They both are kind of good at what each other is weak at. It's a hard fight for both.

I wouldn't take anything from Izzy, but it is notable that Izzy had reached the point of buckling from the leg kicks. He was not going to be walking on steady ground for the rest of the fight.

I don't like Izzy's chances in a rematch against Alex but think he can beat Sean.

Back