Isn't Valentina too big for Joanna for their fight to be competitive?

Most of that weirdos posts are dedicated to hating/posting negative things about Valentina. She lives in his head rent free.

I naively tried to reason with him a few times, now I just like to bust his balls. He has admitted to being a Joanna fanboy/Valentina hater.

Valentina is a bit bigger, has a larger frame, it'd be a much tougher cut for her to make 115, hence why she never even tried. That said, Valentina has an easy time making 125, and that's a much more natural class for Joanna too. She has to practically kill herself to make 115. So when they're in the Octagon together, Valentina might be like 5 lbs heavier at most. The weight discrepancy would be less than when Joanna fights a small 115 like Carla or when Valentina fights a large 135 like Holly.

Could Joanna beat Holly Holm?

Could Joanna go the distance twice with Amanda Nunes?

Doubtful.

It's always the same with Val's fans - she'll kill her opponent, just give her the belt, no-one deserves to fight our princess - imo Joanna has a good chance via volume and aggression, a lot will depend on how much power Shevchenko has at 125. I don't see it going to the ground. Hope the fight happens, although surely too late for 230.

I naively tried to reason with him a few times, now I just like to bust his balls. He has admitted to being a Joanna fanboy/Valentina hater.
"Valentina is too small for 135" Straight from your Waifu's mouth, several minutes ago on AH's MMA show. Let it go, Polak.
"Reason" hehe, I love it, so does it mean she is not too big for Joanna? lol, your logical fallacies are free entertainment . <36> Losing temper huh?

I've found awesome quote from Lady Joanna: Winning close decisions against me 10 years ago was the highlight of her career. (about Valentina)
Truth was spoken.<Fedor23>

Valentina is way too big for her. Her only chance of winning would be to dance and pop shot her for 5 rounds. I'd heavily favor Valentina.

So, you choose 1 picture from open workout when Valentina was a bantamweight and compare it to a picture where Joanna was on the scales for strawweight.

<DisgustingHHH>

Exactly this. The same fighter will look massively larger or smaller based on whether they're weighing in or walking around normally without an upcoming fight.

Considering Joanna was a huge 115 pounder with a size advantage over most of her opponents, it will be nice to see her fighting someone her own size or even slightly larger for a change.

Exactly this. The same fighter will look massively larger or smaller based on whether they're weighing in or walking around normally without an upcoming fight.

Considering Joanna was a huge 115 pounder with a size advantage over most of her opponents, it will be nice to see her fighting someone her own size or even slightly larger for a change.

My dear friend she isn't huge 115 poudner. Looks like you are new fan of mma I can inform you that Lady Joanna fought larger fighters than her.

She won against two former bantamweights: Jessica Andrade and Valerie Leternou. Rounds 9:1.

Shevchenko is next bantamweight to smoke for her.

Let's not forget Shevchenko just wants so called red panty night.

Crushing some cans on, forgotten by mma goods, fight nights in amazonian jungle not fullfilled her ambitions.

You have to respect her ambitions, because she is few losses from being back in chinese kungfu panda circus trying to be white Mulan and dreaming about 10/10 in the UFC.

My dear friend she isn't huge 115 poudner. Looks like you are new fan of mma I can inform you that Lady Joanna fought larger fighters than her.

I'm hardly a "new fan of mma" considering my username references a fighter from the first MMA event I ever watched, UFC 7. But I will admit that I am new to forcing myself to watch women's MMA, and have only seen Joanna's (who I am very unimpressed with) two fights against Rose Namajunas as well as Tecia Torres.

I have seen a fair number of other strawweights, though, and visually Joanna is much larger than them.

kuka45 said:
She won against two former bantamweights: Jessica Andrade and Valerie Leternou. Rounds 9:1.

Okay, I will amend my statement. Joanna is huge at 115, but on two occasions, she fought opponents around her size or slightly larger.

kuka45 said:
You have to respect her ambitions, because she is few losses from being back in chinese kungfu panda circus trying to be white Mulan and dreaming about 10/10 in the UFC.

Oh, I think Valentina is past such humble beginnings, although one can similarly dismiss the great early pioneers of MMA from 1993 to about 2005.

JJ seemed drained in some of her last fights from the cut .... if she can go up to 125 the cut won’t be as bad ... although for awhile she seemed to have it down weighing in under 115 at 114.. ... Val is a bit bigger but they both fought in Muay Thai at 125 before.

This is the fight peoplewanted . If Val would of won 135 and JJ would of kept her title, it would of been amazing to see two champs fight for another title ....

Either way if Joanna gets this fight I think it maybe her last. She’s been wanting to do the family thing and all that for awhile .

If the JJ that wrecked Andrade shows up it will be a good fight ...

Last edited:
It's always the same with Val's fans - she'll kill her opponent, just give her the belt, no-one deserves to fight our princess .

No, it is always the same with casuals who have recently seen her beat someone who should not have been in the cage with her.

While I think she beats JJ for numerous reasons, it should go the distance. Val is adapting better to MMA (still has a few things to work on, and wrestling in general) but JJ's footwork no longer seems to be as crisp. I can see her getting countered for 25 minutes. But it should still be a good fight.

Nah. Valentina was a super undersized at BW. Wouldn't be surprised if that's her walking around weight, or she cut as little as 5 lbs. She's a natural FlW and could drain herself to make SW like Joanna.

Joanna is also a natural FlW but she drains herself to make SW. Which is why I suspect Joanna's chin is so weak at SW. Joanna and Valentina are the same size, the weight classes in Muay Thai are similar to boxing, there's a jump every 3lbs or so.

If anything it's Valentina more well rounded game JJ has to watch out for. JJ is anti-grappler, only uses her grappling to avoid clinches and TD's, but leads fights with her striking. Valentina is more of a path of least resistance fighter, as shown in her fight with Peña. Val did not look lost on the ground, showed some nice throws, and finished with a very nice armbar.Val can do all that, and she beat JJ in Muay Thai 3x.

JJ is going to have to add some new wrinkles if she wants to win this imo.

Valentina would beat Joanna. Joanna isn't as good as she was in the standup like she used to be pre ATT. The only thing that ATT has done for her is a slight improvement in TDD, aside from that ATT has completely ruined Joanna.

Joanna' cut to 115 is brutal, it was obvious when she lost too Rose the first time, Joanna has recieved massive hematoma' on her head before and kept fighting, hell she has even being rocked and kept on moving. The botched cut screwed her up hard and the 2nd fight showed that she can move and take a hit if her cut isn't botched.

125 is Joanna just putting on muscle and water cutting the day of weigh ins with eyes that aren't so sunken in like they are already.

You don't think the 4th time's a charm?
Yeah this is a bad fight to take for JJ...she cannot win on the feet and she doesnt have the power to land that big one shot....or rather not a high percentage of finding that shot.

But she is competitive so I can see her doing it, I just feel its career suicide with a probable loss.

I would assume that JJ will bulk up a little when she decides to move up, she wont look like a 135ver of coure but I could see her gaining more confidence to incrise her muscle mass without worrying about it affecting the weight cut.

Back