Isn't Valentina too big for Joanna for their fight to be competitive?

Not A Real Fan

Deep State Agent assigned to monitor Sherdog
Banned
Reaction score
Am I the only one to see the size discrepancy between this
8863311_web1_mma-ufc213feature_070517ev_004.jpg

and

111215-UFC-Joanna-Jedrzejczyk-SS-PI.vresize.1200.675.high.14.jpg

Valentina has beaten BWs while Joanna got beat by Rose Namajunas twice. I love Rose but she, like Joanna, is another spindly SW. With few exceptions, Joanna is not a finisher against SWs.

I dare say Valentina-Joanna would be as much a mismatch as Valentina-Nicco was predicted to be.

Probably, sad part is... I think I'd actually root for Joanna.

Am I the only one to see the size discrepancy between this
Valentina has beaten BWs while Joanna got beat by Rose Namajunas twice. I love Rose but she, like Joanna, is another spindly SW. With few exceptions, Joanna is not a finisher against SWs.

I dare say Valentina-Joanna would be as much a mismatch as Valentina-Nicco was predicted to be.

Joanna wouldnt be as drained at 125 imo, size could be a thing, but not a chance its as much of a mismatch imo.

It is very well documented that Joanna's cut to 115 is a tough one and Valentina made 125 twice without any know issue. I don't think it will be that much of a problem.

JJ has been killing herself to make 115. Shevchenko fought at 135 at her walk-around weight, once time weighing in at 133. Her description of cutting to 125 was "less chocolate." Her larger sister just made 125.

So probably not.

You don't think the 4th time's a charm?

They're currently separated by 10 lbs between their weight classes and JJ looks like anorexic Golem when she weighs in.

Joanna kills herself to make strawweight. They are both natural flyweights, the division wasn't around until recently so they didn't fight there.

You realize they've fought 3 times before in MT fights?

Joanna would obviously be bigger as FlW as she usually is at SW so they are probably similar in size. She is probably also taller than Valentina.

Stop making excuses you all, let this fight happen.

I would think so, Valentina already beat Joanna in muay thai, and I don't see how the more well rounded and bigger Valentina would have too much problem with her in MMA.

It is very well documented that Joanna's cut to 115 is a tough one and Valentina made 125 twice without any know issue. I don't think it will be that much of a problem.

JJ has been killing herself to make 115. Shevchenko fought at 135 at her walk-around weight, once time weighing in at 133. Her description of cutting to 125 was "less chocolate." Her larger sister just made 125.

So probably not.

Joanna kills herself to make strawweight. They are both natural flyweights, the division wasn't around until recently so they didn't fight there.
Probably, maybe, well documented,<36>
yet Joanna did 11 weight cuts to 115 lbs (8 championship bouts), never missed weight
both natural flyweights...yet one figther debuted as 125 lbs in mma few months ago, because you know last time when Shevchenko was flywieght it was 2008;
all these stories about how much one fighter cuts and another "killing" herself is just ordinary hate to diss fighter, who never missed weight and is 100% profesional, my few cents

Attachments

• 120616-ufc-valentina-shevchenko.vadapt.767.high_.0.jpg
    120616-ufc-valentina-shevchenko.vadapt.767.high_.0.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 14
Shevchenko seems bigger. But we've seen bigger size discrepancies in fights. Joanna looks like a big SW/smallish Flw, while Shevchenko is probably a mid to large SW.

So, you choose 1 picture from open workout when Valentina was a bantamweight and compare it to a picture where Joanna was on the scales for strawweight.

<DisgustingHHH>

We've seen the smaller fighter win plenty of times in mma. Plus, it's pretty much the only interesting fight they can make for either of them.

But if Valentina is anything less than a -200 fav, that would be a great bet.

JJ has complained about her cuts and Val has basically said she didn't cut for 135. Given their history it should be easy for both to make the date.

That said, even though I am a fan of both, War Val!

She's too skilled for her. If it happens it will be a murking.

It’s crazy to me that WMMA, once despised, is now openly talked about on this board with no repurcussions

Back