Islamophobia? Outrage, condemnation. Extremist imams? Crickets.

Yes, that's a perfect example of what I'm talking about. Liberals will get in ultra aggressive mode the second they read that. You need to understand how they'll interpret that, and then try to explain it differently.

Liberals will see that as an unjust attack on Muslims, because overwhelming majority of Muslims are not Jihadis. In their mind, it's unjust to discriminate people based on group membership. You are doing it by lumping in Muslims and Jihadis together.

Conservatives would be much more persuasive if they would start talking about Islamic values. You need to remind them of liberal values which they hold, and them slowly and non aggressively explain to them Koran pushes for a value system way different than theirs. Agree that people mustn't be discriminated. Finish emotionally by pointing examples of Islamic teachings and what would happen to the people they know and love if people that hold those values are in power.

Rhetoric is important if you want to persuade. You need to convince people that your argument is accordance with their values.
Good post.

So up here in Canada there has been a lot of controversy over motion M-103. It's a motion put forth by a Muslim MP of the Liberal party which is supposed to "condemn Islamophobia" and task a committee with making recommendations to the government as to how they can further protect the religion of peace from all the meanies in Canada who don't like it. So there's a right-wing media outlet here called The Rebel, I'm sure you guys have seen some of their videos posted on here. I'm not a fan of them because they're really just a bunch of opportunistic agitators, and this Ezra character is a sleaze. Anyway they led this protest last week which wasn't so much against M-103 as it was against Islam in general.

Screen-Shot-2017-02-17-at-4.27.35-PM.png

That's the Masjid mosque in Toronto. It's the mosque that the premier of Ontario Kathleen Wynne visited recently, there was a thread about it in the WR.

wynnehypo-320x180.jpg

Anyway, the response from the media and local politicians has been predictable. Wynne, Toronto mayor John Tory and every city councillor or MPP that has a twitter account has condemned the protest and spoken in favour of not just the Muslim community in general but the Masjid mosque in particular. Ok, fine. That Rebel protest thing was pretty lame.

But wait, the story's not done! Turns out this same mosque has had some imams spitting fire on Jews and non-believers as recently as 2016.

http://en.cijnews.com/?p=205803

The mosque and the imam have since apologized for these sermons. Funny how it took this Jewish-Canadian website to expose the kind of hatred being spewed at their house of worship for them to realize something wrong was said, eh? They've taken down most of the Youtube videos of the sermons as well.

http://en.cijnews.com/?p=208986

http://en.cijnews.com/?p=212100

Anyway, the same politicians and left-wing media pundits who were up in arms about "Islamophobia" have nothing to say about this. Hell if it weren't for this Jewish website and right-wing media, it would be like nothing extreme was ever said at this mosque at all. I mean it doesn't seem like any moderate, liberal, Canadian value-loving Muslims (who the mainstream media assures me makes up 100% of Muslims in Canada) thought anything wrong about these sermons and felt a need to bring it to the attention of the public at large. I wonder if there's more hate and Islamic extremism being preached to Muslims in this mosque and many others across Canada that we don't know about......is it "Islamophobic" for me to wonder that?

This type of stuff will never get talked about by mainstream Liberals because it isn't some sort of radical belief. All that stuff you just posted is just Islam.

But the Democratic party here is about to put a Muslim in charge of their party.

It's so bizarre why the left is praising Islam so much. They can't stand Christianity yet Islam is wonderful.
Are they seriously anointing Ellison? Lol I'm not sure that's as bad as pocohantis but it's damn close!

To be fair to Muslims, I would probably go to the church if they had sermons such as this:

I don't want to take that away from them, but it's probably best they keep it amongst themselves.

Yes, that's a perfect example of what I'm talking about. Liberals will get in ultra aggressive mode the second they read that. You need to understand how they'll interpret that, and then try to explain it differently.

Liberals will see that as an unjust attack on Muslims, because overwhelming majority of Muslims are not Jihadis. In their mind, it's unjust to discriminate people based on group membership. You are doing it by lumping in Muslims and Jihadis together.

Conservatives would be much more persuasive if they would start talking about Islamic values. You need to remind them of liberal values which they hold, and them slowly and non aggressively explain to them Koran pushes for a value system way different than theirs. Agree that people mustn't be discriminated. Finish emotionally by pointing examples of Islamic teachings and what would happen to the people they know and love if people that hold those values are in power.

Rhetoric is important if you want to persuade. You need to convince people that your argument is accordance with their values.
I don't really understand the liberal mind. I could say what I did "Islam has a jihadist problem." And they will interpret that to mean I'm a white supremist, islamophobe who wants little Muslims children to die. I'm not joking. We have one guy in this very thread that called me a troll for some basic post about Islam and the left.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are they seriously anointing Ellison? Lol I'm not sure that's as bad as pocohantis but it's damn close!
I saw an article today saying he was the frontrunner.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/320553-ellison-holds-edge-in-dnc-race

As Democrats head to Atlanta this weekend to vote on their party’s next chair, the race to lead the Democratic National Committee chair is coming down to its two leading candidates.

Rep. Keith Ellison (Minn.) has the edge over former Labor secretary Tom Perez in The Hill’s new survey of DNC members. But while both men claim they are close to securing commitments from the majority of the 447 voting members, neither candidate is assured victory.

The Hill has identified the stances of 240 DNC members, either through their private responses to a survey circulated over the past week or from public endorsements.Out of those who responded, Ellison leads with 105 supporters to Perez’s 57.

did someone just state w/ a straight face that conservatives have a hard time describing why they 'fear' Islam?

uh no, not even close. People generally don't like the molestation of children and complete subjugation of women. That's not even getting into Jihadism, just the entire culture it's built on is absurd and backwards

I've been doing that for years. It goes nowhere. The real problem is that the vast majority of Western Liberals are bubble livers who flat refuse to see the world for anything other what they want it to be inside of their bubble.

I don't really understand the liberal mind. I could say what I did "Islam has a jihadist problem." And they will interpret that to mean I'm a white supremist, islamophobe who wants little Muslims children to die. I'm not joking. We have one guy in this very thread that called me a troll for some basic post about Islam and the left.

Exactly. When you're trying to persuade, you need to factor in irrationality. Your argument needs to be constructed in a very careful way. You need to be aware that we all have a problem called a curse of knowledge. When you say "Islam has a jihadist problem", that's self evident to you, but you're forgetting that people don't know all the things you do. Every information that led you to your statement needs to be explicated very clearly.

And you always need to be aware what the other side actually wants. Liberals want to protect people. You need to show them, very clearly, literally don't leave anything out, that you want the same thing, and show them how your solution is accomplishing what you both want.

Exactly. When you're trying to persuade, you need to factor in irrationality. Your argument needs to be constructed in a very careful way. You need to be aware that we all have a problem called a curse of knowledge. When you say "Islam has a jihadist problem", that's self evident to you, but you're forgetting that people don't know all the things you do. Every information that led you to your statement needs to be explicated very clearly.

And you always need to be aware what the other side actually wants. Liberals want to protect people. You need to show them, very clearly, literally don't leave anything out, that you want the same thing, and show them how your solution is accomplishing what you both want.
I don't know man. Everyone reads the news online and in the war room. There is only one religion (and in the name of their religion) that is running kids over with cars, stabbing them with a butcher knife, shooting dozens of people in gay clubs, lighting girls and gays on fire, throwing gays off buildings, cutting off heads......... I could go on. I think it's common sense that my statement came from these facts. WE HEAR THEM EVERY WEEK. And liberals know these facts.

oh, and votes... liberals love those minority votes and Muslims are the new kids on the block to pander to.

I don't know man. Everyone reads the news online and in the war room. There is only one religion (and in the name of their religion) that is running kids over with cars, stabbing them with a butcher knife, shooting dozens of people in gay clubs, lighting girls and gays on fire, throwing gays off buildings, cutting off heads......... I could go on. I think it's common sense that my statement came from these facts. WE HEAR THEM EVERY WEEK. And liberals know these facts.

That's curse of knowledge again. I, for example, am pretty regular here, and I don't know about few of the cases you mentioned. For the rest, people don't really see a direct link between those cases and Islam. I think lots of liberals think Jihadis are doing bad things because they misinterpret religious teachings. To be persuaded, they need to be shown that's not the case, preferably with direct quotes from Koran. Most liberals probably don't know anything about Islamic teachings, they think every religion is exactly the same.

And you need to factor in a liberal view that bad people are victims of their environment. That's why I think it's better to distance yourself entirely from criticizing Muslims as people, and focus on criticizing Islamic teachings. If you start with people, you have extra steps in persuading. You'd need to defend against logical fallacies like tu qouque, and few other things.

Showing that Islam has a value system completely different than liberals do is actually pretty easy.

And you need to factor in a liberal view that bad people are victims of their environment. That's why I think it's better to distance yourself entirely from criticizing Muslims as people,
That's why if you read my posts I criticize Islam and Muslim jihadists. I never say all Muslims are bad.

and focus on criticizing Islamic teachings. If you start with people, you have extra steps in persuading. You'd need to defend against logical fallacies like tu qouque, and few other things.

Showing that Islam has a value system completely different than liberals do is actually pretty easy.
We've had quite a few David Wood videos in the war room where he quotes Islamic teachings that say to kill unbelievers. The jihadist actually believe they are doing good, following Mohammed or Allah when they get in a truck run over and kill 87 people and injure 434.

Last edited by a moderator:
So odd that Islam is being welcomed and supported all of the sudden by liberal sheep everywhere. Everyone is buying into the narrative. Poor little refugee children, victims of war. All they want is to practice the religion of peace.

The progressive swarm has a highly evolved communication system and can instantly send commands to worker drones.

That's curse of knowledge again. I, for example, am pretty regular here, and I don't know about few of the cases you mentioned. For the rest, people don't really see a direct link between those cases and Islam. I think lots of liberals think Jihadis are doing bad things because they misinterpret religious teachings. To be persuaded, they need to be shown that's not the case, preferably with direct quotes from Koran. Most liberals probably don't know anything about Islamic teachings, they think every religion is exactly the same.

And you need to factor in a liberal view that bad people are victims of their environment. That's why I think it's better to distance yourself entirely from criticizing Muslims as people, and focus on criticizing Islamic teachings. If you start with people, you have extra steps in persuading. You'd need to defend against logical fallacies like tu qouque, and few other things.

Meh I hear what you're saying but it's easier said than done. The whole point of this "Islamophobia" crap is to conflate criticism of the teachings of Islam with hatred of Muslims. So any time you try to separate the two and speak on the sick shit that's inherent in the religion, you're branded an Islamophobe and your opinion is worthless. That's how it is in Canada anyway.

Also, everyone knows people who are more "culturally Muslim" who don't really follow the religion at all. So for Canadian "liberals" that means that all Muslims are like that. You can point out all the twisted shit in the Quran and the Hadiths, it makes no difference because Ahmed from IT doesn't follow any of that so therefore nobody does. You could ask them, how come all the people in this mosque had no problems with the crazy shit this imam was saying, praising mujahadeen and talking about "Jewish filth" or whatever? You won't get anything resembling a coherent answer.

The democratic party in the USA went all in on Islamophobia during Obama's reign and then Hillary campaigned on it. I don't know what political party you have that's equivalent. But the Democratic party here is about to put a Muslim in charge of their party.

It's so bizarre why the left is praising Islam so much. They can't stand Christianity yet Islam is wonderful.

"Today I am a Muslim!"-DeBlasio- mayor of New york city.

The modern Democratic party is no longer the party of the working man, or of equality. It's the party of perversion, the modern-day Sodom and Gomorrah, the party of false idols, sabotage, and treason. It worships a pedophile warlord, and seeks to bite the hand that feeds it at every turn.

How to stop M-103? M-203.
m203_1.jpg

(I'm kidding FBI/CIA/NSA people)

Terrible

I've written my mp that I don't support it

Nah, they both suck balls.
"Today I am a Muslim!"-DeBlasio- mayor of New york city.
Possibly the most out of context quote in the history of quotes or context. Congratulations.

Back