Islamophobia? Outrage, condemnation. Extremist imams? Crickets.

sangreporsangre

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
So up here in Canada there has been a lot of controversy over motion M-103. It's a motion put forth by a Muslim MP of the Liberal party which is supposed to "condemn Islamophobia" and task a committee with making recommendations to the government as to how they can further protect the religion of peace from all the meanies in Canada who don't like it. So there's a right-wing media outlet here called The Rebel, I'm sure you guys have seen some of their videos posted on here. I'm not a fan of them because they're really just a bunch of opportunistic agitators, and this Ezra character is a sleaze. Anyway they led this protest last week which wasn't so much against M-103 as it was against Islam in general.

Screen-Shot-2017-02-17-at-4.27.35-PM.png

That's the Masjid mosque in Toronto. It's the mosque that the premier of Ontario Kathleen Wynne visited recently, there was a thread about it in the WR.

wynnehypo-320x180.jpg

Anyway, the response from the media and local politicians has been predictable. Wynne, Toronto mayor John Tory and every city councillor or MPP that has a twitter account has condemned the protest and spoken in favour of not just the Muslim community in general but the Masjid mosque in particular. Ok, fine. That Rebel protest thing was pretty lame.

But wait, the story's not done! Turns out this same mosque has had some imams spitting fire on Jews and non-believers as recently as 2016.

Masjid Toronto mosque in downtown Toronto is affiliated with the Muslim Association of Canada (MAC).

The mosque operates in two locations in downtown Toronto: Masjid Toronto at Dundas (168 Dundas St. West) and Masjid Toronto at Adelaide (84 Adelaide St. East).

Dr. Wael Shihab was appointed in April 2014 to a full-time resident Imam of the mosque Masjid Toronto.

Shihab has a PhD in Islamic Studies from Al-Azhar University and he was the head of the Fatwa (Islamic opinion) Unit of IslamOnline.net (English website) and the Shari’ah (Islamic Law) consultant of the Shari’ah department of Onislam.net.

He is also a member of the International Union for Muslim Scholars (IUMS) headed by Sheikh Yusuf Qaradawi, who played a major role in launching both aforementioned websites.

The following are some of Shihab’s views as presented in articles and Islamic rulings posted on Onislam.net:

• The solution to the global violence, extremism and oppression is Islam
  • Qaradawi’s book “Jurisprudence of Jihad” should serves as a guidance to Muslims
  • Thieves’ hands should be chopped off no matter their social status
  • Person who underwent gender reassignment surgery should return to his original gender
  • Muslims should avoid gays as homosexuality is evil and succumbing to the temptations of the Satan
  • Wife should not reject her husband’s call for having sex

In 2016, imams (religious leaders who lead the prayers) at the mosque recited supplications to Allah in support of the “mujahideen (those of engage in jihad) everywhere”, the total destruction of the enemies of Islam and the purification of Al-Aqsa Mosque from the “filth of the Jews.”

The following are excerpts from these supplications (originally in Arabic):

O Allah! We ask you… [to give us] victory over the enemies

O Allah! Raise the standing of Islam and the Muslims

O Allah! Give victory (help) to your oppressed slaves all over the world, east to west

O Allah! Give victory (help) to your slaves who believe in the oneness of Allah, O the Lord of the Worlds!

O Allah! Destroy the criminals

O Allah! Destroy anyone who inflicts injustice on your slaves, O the Lord of the Worlds!

O Allah! Count their number; slay them one by one and spare not one of them.

O Allah! Do not defer [it] on them

[O Allah!] Give us victory over the disbelieving people…

O Allah! Give victory to Islam and raise the standing of the Muslims

And humiliate the polytheism and polytheists

O Allah! Give victory (help) to your slaves who believe in the oneness of Allah, O the Lord of the Worlds!

O Allah! Give them victory over the criminal people

O Allah! Destroy anyone who killed Muslims

O Allah! Destroy anyone who displaced the sons of the Muslims

O Allah! Count their number; slay them one by one and spare not one of them

O Allah! Purify Al-Aqsa Mosque from the filth of the Jews!

O Allah! Purify Al-Aqsa Mosque from the filth of the Jews!

O Allah! Give victory to our oppressed and deprived Muslim brothers and the mujahideen (those who engage in jihad) everywhere

O Allah! Pour on them patience and steadfast their feet

And give them victory over the disbelieving people

http://en.cijnews.com/?p=205803

The mosque and the imam have since apologized for these sermons. Funny how it took this Jewish-Canadian website to expose the kind of hatred being spewed at their house of worship for them to realize something wrong was said, eh? They've taken down most of the Youtube videos of the sermons as well.

http://en.cijnews.com/?p=208986

http://en.cijnews.com/?p=212100

Anyway, the same politicians and left-wing media pundits who were up in arms about "Islamophobia" have nothing to say about this. Hell if it weren't for this Jewish website and right-wing media, it would be like nothing extreme was ever said at this mosque at all. I mean it doesn't seem like any moderate, liberal, Canadian value-loving Muslims (who the mainstream media assures me makes up 100% of Muslims in Canada) thought anything wrong about these sermons and felt a need to bring it to the attention of the public at large. I wonder if there's more hate and Islamic extremism being preached to Muslims in this mosque and many others across Canada that we don't know about......is it "Islamophobic" for me to wonder that?

An article about this in the Sun

The silence speaks volumes.

It’s as though the anti-Islamophobia Motion-103 has already passed.

For example, last week when a small group descended on the Masjid Toronto mosque to protest Islam, Sharia law, honour killings and ISIS, political leaders were tripping over each other on Twitter to denounce this happening.

“There is no place for Islamophobia in Ontario. Thankful for those who stand with the Islamic community against hate,” tweeted Premier Kathleen Wynne, who herself was seated at the back of this mosque during prayers recently.

Mayor John Tory tweeted “Islamophobia has NO place in our city. I’ve visited Masjid Toronto many times & denounce all acts of hatred towards our Muslim citizens.”

Councillor Kristyn Wong-Tam tweeted: “Thanks to everyone who came to give love & support for Masjid Toronto. Necessity of #m103 clear” and “Needless to say, countering Islamophobia and all forms of bigotry is not just political but personal. Love will always prevail.”

But they didn’t tweet when it was discovered two Imams from that very same mosque on Dundas St. W. were caught on sermon videos allegedly expressing odious messages:

“O Allah! Give victory to Islam and raise the standing of the Muslims and humiliate the polytheism and polytheists ... Infidels and the atheists and destroy anyone who killed Muslims. Count their number; slay them one by one and spare not one of them, O Allah! Purify Al-Aqsa Mosque from the filth of the Jews.”

It’s an amazing double standard.

Clearly, even before it’s passed, this M-103 and the fear it strikes for anybody to say anything at all considered Islamophobic, is already in place.

http://www.torontosun.com/2017/02/21/double-standard-surrounds-m-103-motion

I think average Canadians are getting tired of the bullshit.

The democratic party in the USA went all in on Islamophobia during Obama's reign and then Hillary campaigned on it. I don't know what political party you have that's equivalent. But the Democratic party here is about to put a Muslim in charge of their party.

It's so bizarre why the left is praising Islam so much. They can't stand Christianity yet Islam is wonderful.

"Today I am a Muslim!"-DeBlasio- mayor of New york city.

The democratic party in the USA went all in on Islamophobia during Obama's reign and then Hillary campaigned on it. I don't know what political party you have that's equivalent. But the Democratic party here is about to put a Muslim in charge of their party.

It's so bizarre why the left is praising Islam so much.

You're adorable.

Fuck Islam. Don't wish 13 year olds dead because they were born Muslim. Hard to reconcile I know, but it's possible.

It's so bizarre why the left is praising Islam so much. They can't stand Christianity yet Islam is wonderful.

The party that we have as an equivalent is the Liberal Party of Canada. That's the party that Trudeau is the head of, and they have a majority in Parliament. Muslim Brotherhood-linked lobbying/advocacy groups have a disturbingly disproportionate amount of influence with this party, which I suppose is why they look to advance the Islamist agenda whenever they can.

The best option is to do due diligence in this regard and take a page from the Liberal playbook. Make yourself aware of what's happening in the Muslim communities around you and report any such findings through twitter and facebook and provide information to those conservative outlets that aren't scared to inform readers that this argument truly does have two sides and valid concerns from either point of view.

Part of the problem is that while personal opinions drive actions they're not always informed opinions. With real actionable and verifiable information these things can't be swept under the rug for long. You want to sway public opinion then you provide them with enough examples that they choke on it in the attempt to justify their position.

Conservatives need to fight their fight smarter.

Last edited:
So odd that Islam is being welcomed and supported all of the sudden by liberal sheep everywhere. Everyone is buying into the narrative. Poor little refugee children, victims of war. All they want is to practice the religion of peace.

The rebel is awesome. Love their stuff. Wont apologize for like them.

On topic. Islam is a religion and way to govern. As such, I have every right to criticize and demonstrate against it. I am glad these laws are not here in America. Well at least not yet. Islam as a system of government is the most oppressive way of life on the planet. Its not even close. Islamafacists.

You're adorable.

Fuck Islam. Don't wish 13 year olds dead because they were born Muslim. Hard to reconcile I know, but it's possible.
Why would you say that I "wish 13 year olds dead because they were born Muslim?"

Why would you say that I "wish 13 year olds dead because they were born Muslim?"

There's a space between them for a reason rip. I only called you adorable, the other part was a comment on Islam and humanity.

But to answer your question, probably because you're a troll and found a new thread where saying it would keep you busy for a bit. Just a guess though, I can't see the future.

There's a space between them for a reason rip. I only called you adorable, the other part was a comment on Islam and humanity.

But to answer your question, probably because you're a troll and found a new thread where saying it would keep you busy for a bit. Just a guess though, I can't see the future.
Ok

What the fuck is liberals obsession with Islam?

Liberals are high on certain personality traits that make them generally caring and protective. There is a general view that Muslim are unjustly attacked, so their "motherly instinct, so to speak, kicks in in these situations.

The other side is generally very bad at explaining what their concern with Islam is, which perpetuates this behavior even further.

Liberals are high on certain personality traits that make them generally caring and protective. There is a general view that Muslim are unjustly attacked, so their "motherly instinct, so to speak, kicks in in these situations.

The other side is generally very bad at explaining what their concern with Islam is, which perpetuates this behavior even further.
Conservatives don't like the jihadist problem that goes along with Islam. I think we are very clear about that.

I'm just going to drop this here to highlight some of the confusion:

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/...ch-petition-against-franklin-graham-1.3991375

"Members of Vancouver's Christian community and city officials are furiously trying to stop controversial Christian evangelist Franklin Graham from speaking to thousands of people at an event next week at Rogers Arena.

Graham is speaking at the Festival of Hope event that's being organized by the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association.

"This is unusual for us to deal with in Vancouver – this kind of individual and this kind of hate rhetoric," said Councillor Tim Stevenson.

Graham is a polarizing figure who has drawn attention for comments that denigrate minorities. He's been quoted calling on the U.S. "to use weapons of mass destruction if need be" and referring to Islam as "a very evil and a very wicked religion."

Most recently, the son of famous televangelist Billy Graham took the spotlight for reading a passage of scripture at the inauguration of U.S. President Donald Trump."

Who's going to be in charge of the Democratic party?

Conservatives don't like the jihadist problem that goes along with Islam. I think we are very clear about that.

Yes, that's a perfect example of what I'm talking about. Liberals will get in ultra aggressive mode the second they read that. You need to understand how they'll interpret that, and then try to explain it differently.

Liberals will see that as an unjust attack on Muslims, because overwhelming majority of Muslims are not Jihadis. In their mind, it's unjust to discriminate people based on group membership. You are doing it by lumping in Muslims and Jihadis together.

Conservatives would be much more persuasive if they would start talking about Islamic values. You need to remind them of liberal values which they hold, and them slowly and non aggressively explain to them Koran pushes for a value system way different than theirs. Agree that people mustn't be discriminated. Finish emotionally by pointing examples of Islamic teachings and what would happen to the people they know and love if people that hold those values are in power.

Rhetoric is important if you want to persuade. You need to convince people that your argument is accordance with their values.

What exactly does this motion do? I've read about it but it seems that it isn't anything that will affect my life in any way. It's stupid, especially since there was apparently a similar motion that targeted all forms of racism that was veto'd. But if a motion gets tabled and debated repeatedly but doesn't affect anything, my bigger problem is the waste of taxpayer $ that's going to all these sunshine listers to draw up, discuss, debate, take questions on, and vote on something that doesn't change anything?

If it does changes something, what are the practical implications in my life? I've googled to find other examples of motions to see if I can draw out the real world implications but I've had no luck.

The one thing I'll say, from my point of view, about the imam talking his shit (although it doesn't address the double standard because I think the motion is stupid too)- I don't care about that. He has free speech and he can hate whoever he wants. It's not surprising, but I also don't see it as a threat. I'm from Hamilton, in this city, the threat of islamism is non-existent.

Back