Islamic State/Iraq Thread 2.0

I agree with much of what you said, but the truth of the matter is that there will have to be an agreement with Sunnis. And like I said, it will probably hold for a little while because people have to be tired of violence and the threat of violence always hanging over their heads.

Most of the Sunnis don't deserve to be trusted, but that's geopolitics. You have to make deals with the devil sometimes.

The alternative is a civil war.
Iraq is already in a state of civil war if you haven't noticed. The Sunni insurgency turned into a full rebellion in June, where 3 Iraqi divisions routed against ISIS. It's effectively split into three parts now. The Sunni tribes thought helping ISIS would get them more power and money like last time, but they overplayed their hands. Now ISIS will completely dominate them, while Shiites will no longer give them any oil revenues. I'm going to call it now. Nothern Iraq will become the most impoverished in Middle East very soon, thanks to the stupidity/treachery of Sunnis.

the Su-25 did, but the russian gave them shit models

Oh I bet. Not just out of spite, but so the Iraqis could maintain and operate them. Seriously Korean war vintage aircraft would be suitable here.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-28978941

LOL @ the nerve of these people. They helped ISIS butchered thousands of Shiites, Christians and Yazidis just two months ago. They were actively assisting ISIS in taking over large parts of northern Iraq, and they're starting to regret it. Now they say ISIS has started to target them and they want support from US and Baghdad. You made your bed, and you get to sleep in it. Enjoy your dark age Caliphate.

The Sunni population isn't unanimous in much of anything. Sure, there were Sunnis who actively abetted ISIS and I'm in favor of making them chew toys for the attack dogs. But there are probably a bunch of others who realized there was no place for them in Maliki's govt. and so just basically dropped out. That left a vacuum ISIS filled, but it's not like all Sunnis wanted or anticipated that.

The alternative is a civil war.

A civil war that the sunni's will lose.

IS have benefited from the initial chaos, but now the Iraqi army is consolidating. Once that happens properly, and Iraq increases its air assets - with or w/out American dithering, then we're talking about a different ball game entirely.

Iraq is not Syria. Sunni's arabs are a minority, and they've pissed off everyone. They need to tread carefully because their leverage is decreasing by the day. The US strategy of withholding support until a political deal has been struck has become untenable after IS's PR campaign/actions became so disgusting that they had to act.

I've heard they're asking for 40% of government posts when they are at most 20-30% of the overall population :eek:

Oh I bet. Not just out of spite, but so the Iraqis could maintain and operate them. Seriously Korean war vintage aircraft would be suitable here.

I'm no military hardware guru but I don't get why armed forces in states that face very limited aerial threat buy older generation high-end fighter jets rather than simple, basic and cheap kit. The Textron scorpion seems like a great idea for the KRG, Nigeria et al http://www.scorpionjet.com/

It will be interesting to see if the IS offensive stalls out at Aleppo...

At this point, I think they're pretty much done in Iraq. I expect the Iraqi security forces are preparing for an assault on Mosul, Tikrit, and Fallujah, if it's not happening already.

At this point, I think they're pretty much done in Iraq. I expect the Iraqi security forces are preparing for an assault on Mosul, Tikrit, and Fallujah, if it's not happening already.

If this is true, the Iraqi Army and Peshmerga Kurd forces will be drowned in a continuous blood drainage. Caliph Ibrahim has already declared 2 of those cities be to Qal'eh and Islamic State soldiers are bound to defend them to the last breath.

If this is true, the Iraqi Army and Peshmerga Kurd forces will be drowned in a continuous blood drainage. Caliph Ibrahim has already declared 2 of those cities be to Qal'eh and Islamic State soldiers are bound to defend them to the last breath.

Well, I certainly don't think the Iraqi government is going to take their ball and go home. The "blood drainage" as you put it, depends on a number of things. A capable fighting force could dislodge IS from it's positions in pretty short order. How long did it take for the Marines to take Fallujah?

The wont go all out for aleppo til they secure deir el zour completely...that means taking the military airport there (heavy clashs already reported)

I think the iraqi forces will prep well and await air assets , then when the deal is reached with the sunnis itl be all out assault
ISIS will be forced to deal with sunni tribesmen insurgency in their midst (and wel no doubt air drop ammo etc to increase the damage they can do) while the iraqi army pushes on one side joined by thousands of its former sunni members and the kurds on the other
we in the west will suppy the ammo etc and to really drive the boot in some tactical bombing too.
In short the clock is ticking on ISIS in iraq

The wont go all out for aleppo til they secure deir el zour completely...that means taking the military airport there (heavy clashs already reported)

I think the iraqi forces will prep well and await air assets , then when the deal is reached with the sunnis itl be all out assault
ISIS will be forced to deal with sunni tribesmen insurgency in their midst (and wel no doubt air drop ammo etc to increase the damage they can do) while the iraqi army pushes on one side joined by thousands of its former sunni members and the kurds on the other
we in the west will suppy the ammo etc and even to really drive the boo in some tactical bombing too.
In short the clock is ticking on ISIS in iraq

The Islamic State unit advancing on Aleppo and the one currently fighting in Deir El-Zour are under different commands, I hope you knew that. It would not make sense to stop one for the other.

The Islamic State unit advancing on Aleppo and the one currently fighting in Deir El-Zour are under different commands, I hope you knew that. It would not make sense to stop one for the other.

Never said about stopping i meant the assets going to deir el zour will prob be sent to aleppo next if they can take deir el zour airport

I'd like to know why there are no sanctions on Kuwait and other Sunni gulf states who are funneling millions into ISIS? Why is Putin being visited by sanctions and not these pieces of shit?

I'd like to know why there are no sanctions on Kuwait and other Sunni gulf states who are funneling millions into ISIS? Why is Putin being visited by sanctions and not these pieces of shit?

because Russia is the bad guy and the gulf states are good friends/allies of the USA.

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/New...king-warns-of-terror-threat-to-the-world.html

Seriously? So the bastards which they have supported and financed, has now grown out of control, and he wags his freaking finger at Europe and the US to do something. Really asshole, you want our troops and our EU brothers to waste our men and equipment while you sit around on your ass an do nothing? they could support Iraq via airstrikes, woops thats to much for them to ask for even though they have a bunch of modernized aircraft to do so.they don't actually care about preventing terrorism unless it is directed towards the royal family. Absolutely worthless

What about aid with all the transport air planes available and the oil money? Woops that way to much for them to do. Honestly im really getting sick of these fucks in SA. Anyone else agree with me that the SA is becoming more of a waste of space?

Yep. It's all about oil with SA.

And they keep creating monsters and then crying to the west to solve their problems.

Iraq is already in a state of civil war if you haven't noticed. The Sunni insurgency turned into a full rebellion in June, where 3 Iraqi divisions routed against ISIS. It's effectively split into three parts now. The Sunni tribes thought helping ISIS would get them more power and money like last time, but they overplayed their hands. Now ISIS will completely dominate them, while Shiites will no longer give them any oil revenues. I'm going to call it now. Nothern Iraq will become the most impoverished in Middle East very soon, thanks to the stupidity/treachery of Sunnis.

It's not really a civil war yet. It has the potential to get much worse. So many things yet to fall in place that it's hard to see whether Iraq will fragment into three or hold together.

In the short term, I see them holding together. But that's going to take some work (work that would be easier if we'd temporarily partner with Assad).

It's not really a civil war yet. It has the potential to get much worse. So many things yet to fall in place that it's hard to see whether Iraq will fragment into three or hold together.

In the short term, I see them holding together. But that's going to take some work (work that would be easier if we'd temporarily partner with Assad).
Thousands dead, over a million displaced and daily fighting across north of Baghdad and west of Erbil in the past two months is not civil war yet? Man I hate the see your definition of civil war. Iraqi is already split in three realistically, but nobody officially came out and recognized it yet. Iraqi government has no control in Sunni or Kurd areas. There is no unity to speak of.

Because of increase in cooperation between Kurds and American and now European countries, Islamic State have executed more Peshmerga prisoners along with joint executions of Iraqi Security Force personnel. Dozens more war prisoners are scheduled to be executed within the next 24 hours unless Islamic State demends are met for the cessation of alliance between Kurds and American and Europeans.

fjGufjR.png

eQVkQSU.png

Because of increase in cooperation between Kurds and American and now European countries, Islamic State have executed more Peshmerga prisoners along with joint executions of Iraqi Security Force personnel. Dozens more war prisoners are scheduled to be executed within the next 24 hours unless Islamic State demends are met for the cessation of alliance between Kurds and American and Europeans.

fjGufjR.png

eQVkQSU.png
In another words, your jihadist buddies are getting their asses whooped and can only retaliate against unarmed prisoners. So they're not unlike you, a bunch of pussies.

Whose buying the oil Isis is selling? I've heard it on the news a lot. Is it a lot of oil, relative to the market? I assume not?

Back