International Isis/syria/iraq thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ISF claims that they have captured the singer who performed such IS hit songs as "saleel al-sawarim", ISF soldiers perform live auditions with him.

This cracks me up. I wonder how effective they would really be. Where in Syria does that faction operate?

My bet would be not very. They are active in northern Aleppo.

Keeping with the similiar theme the "Jihadi PMC" Malhama Tactical announced that their leader "Abu Rofiq" has been killed and that the new leader is a former Belarusian paratrooper.

http://www.aljazeera.com/video/news...dents-fear-its-time-flee-170504051649125.html

Looks like Ghouta will be falling soon.

The strategy of siege starvation and then allowing allowing to besieged to go too Idlib is working.

Which puts al the ''moderate'' rebels in one place where they will inevtiably turn on each other.

And there is nothing the rebels can do to stop it.
I'd give it another two years before "moderate" headchoppers run out of steam, maybe even less.

http://www.defensenews.com/articles/satellite-imagery-shows-russian-awacs-back-in-syria
latakia-detection-of-the-a-50.png

I'm surprised it took them this long. It should have been there from the day 1 of their campaign.

i thought they would have had a few flying around. Pretty sure we're using E-3s

-Israel strikes hezbollah in syria again!

-pro regime forces pushing hard to take land in north hama, huge thermobaric bombs parachuted on areas
Seems ryuaf and iran making north hama a priority

-meanhile isis increase activity in homs

Doesn't Israel have the most powerful Air Force in the Middle East?

So
-regime starvation policy on civilians yields another neighbourhood barzeh ,2 more considering surrender as food runs out
Regime also makes gains attacking fsa in south from rear flank after they had cleared out isis

-'peace deal' being pushed by russia at un and lavrov apparently to vist u.s to speak about it
Then again trump just designated crimeas anexation illegal so they have a lot to discuss.

-hama counter offensive largely over , after rolling back rebel counter offensive pro regime militas and russian airforce apparently to focus on push to deir and raqqua and palmyra .

-tensions grown between tebels and hts
They have sentenced the tow hero dude to 13 months for his 'blasphmy'
And have banned some journalists
This around a time when multiple fsa groups are being pooled into one large central syrian group
If the shooting starts hts will prob attack the larger fsa groups before the smaller ones can be integrated...the question is will anhar al sham sit back and watch or finish its old rival (hts)

-jordan army mobilizing for huge drill near border..reasons unknown

-turkey continues to sporaducaly bomb at pkk areas and allow fsa in north to train and merge groups ..seems edrogan is lost for what to do next as its obvious u.s is pushing for sdf to take raqqua

-sickening reports that isis next plan to field an army made of kid orphans from their dead fighters!

Last edited:
Lord Trump first of his name has approved "heavier" weapons for Syrian kurds.

that would be turkey and Egypt

Israel's got F35s and F15s among others. The bulk of the Turkish air force is compromised of F-16s with most of their parts manufactured by Turkish Aerospace Industries (questionable quality control, lots of mechanical problems). Israeli pilots > Turkish pilots, plus the TAF has been badly affected by Erdocunt's recent purges of the Turkish armed forces. Egypt.... eh....

I'd still rank the Israelis as the best air force in the sandbox (except for the US, of course).

Israel's got F35s and F15s among others. The bulk of the Turkish air force is compromised of F-16s with most of their parts manufactured by Turkish Aerospace Industries (questionable quality control, lots of mechanical problems). Israeli pilots > Turkish pilots, plus the TAF has been badly affected by Erdocunt's recent purges of the Turkish armed forces. Egypt.... eh....

I'd still rank the Israelis as the best air force in the sandbox (except for the US, of course).

yes you're right they do have better quality, but still doesn't mean much.

yes you're right they do have better quality, but still doesn't mean much.

No, but when you consider that IAF is also larger than the TAF, their quality and quantity beats them down every time.

Egypt has almost twice as many planes as the IAF, but their operational history is meh.

All semantics really. In the world USAF is top dog, and no one even comes close. The sandboxers don't even manage to get close enough to sniff the tailpipes of the Brits, French, or JASDF.

No, but when you consider that IAF is also larger than the TAF, their quality and quantity beats them down every time.

Egypt has almost twice as many planes as the IAF, but their operational history is meh.

All semantics really. In the world USAF is top dog, and no one even comes close. The sandboxers don't even manage to get close enough to sniff the tailpipes of the Brits, French, or JASDF.

Thats the thing when it comes to say we are talking the TAF and EAF are bigger. Yes skill wise and technology wise IAF is bigger.

the one thing i think the IAF needs is long range bombers instead of tactile bombers

also the EAF will be operating F-16s, Rafales and mig-35s. Also ordered Ka-52 and mil-35s. They also have good AEW aircraft as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egyptian_Air_Force

i'd say there is a little big better then turkey and IAF maybe not pilot wise. they do have a semi indian army kinda of vibe to them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back