Is Vitaly Minakov FINALLY a Free Agent?

Negator402

Yellow Card
Banned
Reaction score
Guys,

I have been on the Minakov wagon for a while. I recently read that FNG went utterly under, and released its higher-named fighters. Is this true? Furthermore, is Minakov fully done with his Bellator obligations? And if he is not, would the UFC be able to use his services outside the US? I do not know if the exclusivity contracts with Bellator are valid outside the US.

I thought Bellator released him years ago

He was stripped of his title.

As far as contract:

Feb 22, 2017

"The contract with Bellator is in force now,” Minakov told MMA Fighting through a translator. "If I am not mistaken, it runs for another eight fights. I fight for Fight Nights Global now, but we carry on negotiations about the better terms of contract and the reduction of fights in Bellator."
https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/2/...tract-situation-bellator-heavyweight-champion

He has all the skills, but he does get hit. Still, he is near the top of today's hw division.

Hope UFC gets him soon. Him v stipe as co-main on the Mc v Nurg card makes me buy it, instead of watching at the bar.

He's wasted his prime ducking his Bellator contract. He should've just fought it out.

Pretty sure we never see him in the UFC at this point. He owes Bellator fights and just doesn't seem that committed to fighting any more.

Pretty sure we never see him in the UFC at this point. He owes Bellator fights and just doesn't seem that committed to fighting any more.
In the interview published a few days ago he said that now he takes training and fighting more seriously and that's why he came to ATT to train.

Ali Abdelaziz tweeting about him coming soon so I wonder what that means.

UFC HW division is easy meat for Minakov. He would embarrass guys like Ngannou and Stipe and the other part time fighters and old age pensioners in the division.

Cormier is awesome and would be a great fight and hard to call. But everyone else in UFC HW roster Minakov would beat

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back