Is Vitaly Minakov FINALLY a Free Agent?

Also I think Eddie Bravo Invitational is showing on Fight Pass and in 2017 Ilima-Lei Macfarlane became champion there. And she is a Bellator fighter and Bellator champion at Women's Flyweight.

Were they showing the Eddie Bravi Invite on Fight Pass before she fought on it?

I mean i've never seen the contract, so they must not be able to. Just imagine UFC funneling some money to one of these orgs to get Rory or Moose to fight for a company that is under the fightpass umbrella. Maybe they've changed future contracts to avoid such a thing.

But you are right they don't seem to care.

I bet now a days bellator contracts are different since they put on more fights now a days so people wont have to be as inactive like in the past.

Never even heard of this guy

329ba4d9baf2f7d58e9e5114a34eb3ad.png

270.gif

Just retire...

He’s never coming to the UFC, which means his fans will never see him get exposed. I don’t think he’s top ten. Maybe not top fifteen either.
I think he would beat up Brock lesnar in mma fairly easily.

I might be wrong but I think TV channel in Mexico or Brazil that shows UFC (and I think owned by the UFC) shows other mma and kickboxing events maybe even Bellator but there is no attempts to sue that channel.
Plus I don't know how do you see that situation should have ended if there is a risk of lawsuit? Minakov learns that Fight Pass is gonna broadcast his next fight and fires his manager and cut all ties with Fight Nights?
But actually I remember Minakov said that Bellator scheduled his title defense against some Brazilian guy for June of 2016 and asked him not to fight against Graham in May on that Emelianenko-Maldonado card.

Yup, in South America we have UFC (non PPVs) and Bellator cards in the same channel (Fox Sports)

He was stupid enough to sign a long contract with Bellator and then he was naive enough to think that Bellator would renegotiate with a fighter that wasn't even fighting. He absolutly wasted years and most likely his prime due to this. Now that basically every Russian org is gone or going he will have to go back to Bellator.

he's no longer a free agent- he just re-signed with bellator. looks like he'll have a tune-up fight upon his return before being given first crack at the winner of the heavyweight tournament.

Vitaly Minakov has re-signed with Bellator MMA.

The former heavyweight champion was stripped by the promotion of his title in 2015 due to inactivity. He has since fought in Russia under the Fight Nights Global banner, where he has notched seven finishes in as many appearances. With 21 fights in the sport of mixed martial arts, he has yet to be defeated.

Minakov’s departure is part of the reason Bellator is holding a heavyweight tournament in 2018 and with his return to the promotion, fans may be wondering where his place will be among the heavyweights. When ESPN first reported the story it was stated that he would compete once in his return before facing the tournament winner.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Fo...-Vitaly-Minakov-ReSigns-with-Promotion-141421

he's no longer a free agent- he just re-signed with bellator. looks like he'll have a tune-up fight upon his return before being given first crack at the winner of the heavyweight tournament.

Vitaly Minakov has re-signed with Bellator MMA.

The former heavyweight champion was stripped by the promotion of his title in 2015 due to inactivity. He has since fought in Russia under the Fight Nights Global banner, where he has notched seven finishes in as many appearances. With 21 fights in the sport of mixed martial arts, he has yet to be defeated.

Minakov’s departure is part of the reason Bellator is holding a heavyweight tournament in 2018 and with his return to the promotion, fans may be wondering where his place will be among the heavyweights. When ESPN first reported the story it was stated that he would compete once in his return before facing the tournament winner.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Fo...-Vitaly-Minakov-ReSigns-with-Promotion-141421
He wasn't free agent for years. From what Minakov says - he has exclusive contract according to which he owned 8 fights to Bellator (and there wasn't any date of expiration or something, so Bellator owned him for eternity) and according to new resigned contract this contract will expire in two years or after 6 fights (and seems like Vitaly said that in case of injury contract can be extended beyond two years).

Guys,

I have been on the Minakov wagon for a while. I recently read that FNG went utterly under, and released its higher-named fighters. Is this true? Furthermore, is Minakov fully done with his Bellator obligations? And if he is not, would the UFC be able to use his services outside the US? I do not know if the exclusivity contracts with Bellator are valid outside the US.

nope

He wasn't free agent for years. From what Minakov says - he has exclusive contract according to which he owned 8 fights to Bellator (and there wasn't any date of expiration or something, so Bellator owned him for eternity) and according to new resigned contract this contract will expire in two years or after 6 fights (and seems like Vitaly said that in case of injury contract can be extended beyond two years).

He actually got a new contract he's not fighting out his old one he renegotiated pay.

He actually got a new contract he's not fighting out his old one he renegotiated pay.
Maybe I'm not fluent in English, but I think I wrote the same? And looks like he renegotiated - the pay, number of fights and expiration date.

Maybe I'm not fluent in English, but I think I wrote the same? And looks like he renegotiated - the pay, number of fights and expiration date.

Your correct sir quoted wrong post .....im on that kush right now so is normal lol

Cheers

Back