Is there anything more annoying than this? Did I over react here

I would liken it to a hole appearing in your roof (the roof in this case being your good social behaviour), whether the hole is created by a person or the elements you still should fix it, rather than saying "nah, because that guy made the hole I'm not going to fix it."

If a hole appeared in my roof it would get fixed as it affects me so it matters not who created it. This situation was caused by two outside parties and i got caught in the middle of it. Man drops bags and purposely ignores them, and a woman who has a problem with the bags on the floor. Nothing was my doing i just got caught in the crossfire because i was immediately next to the crime scene

I did nothing wrong, maybe i did nothing right, but i certainly didnt do anything wrong.

The old woman had no right to have a go at me, she was in the wrong, her problem was with the guy at checkout who dropped the bags and ignored them

He made a mess which he watched fall to the floor and walked a few feet away from and then stood at checkout, me not bending down to tidy up this mans mess whilst he stands there doesnt make me his bitch and is not bad social behaviour, the old woman shouting at me for it is bad social behaviour as was the mans who made a mess and ignored it

No, you didn't overreact, but what's more annoying is when people do that coming in the opposite direction. College kids are back and sometimes there will be a group walking 4 or 5 across the sidewalk. I always try to keep to the right side, but sometimes, and it's usually always women, they will not budge. One day i kept moving but finally lost my cool and just brick walled this girl with my shoulder. It's annoying that you actually have to say something but yeah, i'll say something. It's extremely disrespectful and ignorant.

Fuck, I just had multiple experiences with this (not specifically college kids) at the grocery store.

It was packed and everyone was just pushing their carts down the middle of every isle, not even trying to move to the right to let me through when I was coming toward them and as far right as I could be without knocking shit off shelves.

It was families. So their kids, all various ages, would be on their side and I would have to stop and let them go by.

Eventually, I just figured fuck it. I will run over their kids. And I nearly did. This one girl, probably about 14 or 15, was walking next to her mom who was pushing her cart right through the middle. Her kid was to her left. I had nowhere else I could go, so I just pushed my cart straight at her. She jumped out of the way at the last second. It was all crazy - fat women standing in the middle of the isles salivating over pizza, jerk offs parking their carts right in the middle of the isle. This is why I can’t own a gun. I would have taken them all out.

This is just like driving. Unless you are on a literal "path" people use for walking and enjoying the scenery, then gtfo of the way. you don't own the fucking sidewalk. This is annoying as shit and i encounter this walking to and from work every day. my favorite is when they are walking apart taking up a whole sidewalk, and you would practically have to walk in between them to get by.

Fuck, I just had multiple experiences with this (not specifically college kids) at the grocery store.

It was packed and everyone was just pushing their carts down the middle of every isle, not even trying to move to the right to let me through when I was coming toward them and as far right as I could be without knocking shit off shelves.

It was families. So their kids, all various ages, would be on their side and I would have to stop and let them go by.

Eventually, I just figured fuck it. I will run over their kids. And I nearly did. This one girl, probably about 14 or 15, was walking next to her mom who was pushing her cart right through the middle. Her kid was to her left. I had nowhere else I could go, so I just pushed my cart straight at her. She jumped out of the way at the last second. It was all crazy - fat women standing in the middle of the isles salivating over pizza, jerk offs parking their carts right in the middle of the isle. This is why I can’t own a gun. I would have taken them all out.
I hate that shit too. I have zero patience for anyone who is preventing me from doing anything needlessly. Slow drivers in the passing lane, aisle blockers at the grocery store, anything like that.

I work in a very famous area densely packed with tourists. I just split them if there is any room whatsoever. I don't mind so much unless it's a group of tourists drunk blocking the entire path and I'll be a bit of a cunt then.

You could just say excuse me as you get close and walk by but maybe that's just the polite Canadian coming out in me.

Exactly. I move as far over as possible. There is just nowhere else for me to go, yet these sweaty cunts insist on bumping into me and expect me to just magically disappear. It's almost always women too. I shop at a grocery store that is slightly more expensive than another one across the street because of the people who go there. If i go in later at night it's never crowded. I had to do it for my sanity.

When you’re walking down a tight footpath and two people take up the whole footpath and walk very slowly. You are in a rush but then you get stuck behind two people because they want to walk side by side and block the whole walk way while moving very slowly.

I encountered that today and as I eventually got passed them. I was hungry and a bit pissed off so I said under my breath “you don’t have to take up the whole fucking walk way” as I finally managed to get around these two slow morons. Then some lady yells at me “that was a bit unneccecary”. Really loudly and made a big scene about it. Kind of embarrassed me a bit. Am I in the wrong to be annoyed about something like this? Did I over react?
‘Hi, excuse me. Would you mind if I just get passed you? Thanks’

Are you a premenstrual women? Learn some patience and manners.

It's annoying, but if you can't handle a simple social problem like that without losing your cool and abusing someone or worse, then chances are you need to take a good look at yourself and ask what's wrong with you.

you should of been like " Oyy don't take up the fooking foot path, ya daft cunts!"

Old people are the worst perpetrators of this, them and mother's w/ lots of fucken kids at Costco

the common thing to do is say calmly "behind you, to your left/right etc..." people generally move out of the way and yes you are a dick.

In what world is it not the norm to walk next to someone you are walking with?

You should always be aware of others to stay out of the way. A simple excuse me or pardon me should get them to move over.

Ever consider just saying: "Pardon me, may I get through? Thank you"

If they are rude to you or refuse (HIGHLY UNLIKELY), then you can get salty.

use-your-words.jpg

Depends.

If you are coming from behind they can't see you and while it is frustrating I don't blame people for wanting to go side by side. They should check from time to time if they clog up the way, at least I do it.

But when they are coming towards me and clearly see me coming but don't want to move then I get pissed off. I used to move away or go into the street but recently I got feed up with this shit. I just stop in front of them and wait until one of them moves. Few times they bumped into me, got all confused how are they not alone in the universe. Really hate these people. I guess we should all jump over them or walk on the street because god forbids they separate for 3 seconds.

I'm starting to think maybe I should just push them aside a bit harder, maybe that will teach them a lesson. Especially those couples who are on their phones and not looking where they are going.

Nah I think you did the right thing. The world needs more people like us.

I understand the annoyance. It's one of my big pet peeves.
Couples holding hands, taking up the ENTIRE sidewalk, and they keep walking towards you, not giving a fuck about anyone else, and seemingly expecting you to walk in the street. Gotta play this stupid game of chicken to see who will move first

But yea, you overreacted just because it was the wrong way to handle it. There was no way for a positive resolution going that route, and you just made yourself look like the asshole.
I just say 'excuse me' and they move. But the annoyance is valid

This is the worst. When there's like four people walking side by side and it's almost impossible to get by all of them coming at you, having to shoulder squeeze just to walk because this group IS SO FUCKING IMPORTANT they can't bother to make room for other pedestrians going the other way.

I used to be polite about it but now it's a damn epidemic and we're going to have to go NYC subway on this shit. Now I just walk, no shoulder roll, no scrunching. Most of the time bizarrely it's women that want to act like other people don't exist and I've stopped giving a fuck, if Becky can't stop telling her story about how drunk she got last Thursday enough to move aside as a common courtesy for other people, she's getting shoulder checked.

When you’re walking down a tight footpath and two people take up the whole footpath and walk very slowly. You are in a rush but then you get stuck behind two people because they want to walk side by side and block the whole walk way while moving very slowly.

I encountered that today and as I eventually got passed them. I was hungry and a bit pissed off so I said under my breath “you don’t have to take up the whole fucking walk way” as I finally managed to get around these two slow morons. Then some lady yells at me “that was a bit unneccecary”. Really loudly and made a big scene about it. Kind of embarrassed me a bit. Am I in the wrong to be annoyed about something like this? Did I over react?

Were they both women? What race?

Wtf dude just say excuse me.

Exactly. I move as far over as possible. There is just nowhere else for me to go, yet these sweaty cunts insist on bumping into me and expect me to just magically disappear. It's almost always women too. I shop at a grocery store that is slightly more expensive than another one across the street because of the people who go there. If i go in later at night it's never crowded. I had to do it for my sanity.

Yes, it was definitely mostly women in my case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back