Is there anything more annoying than this? Did I over react here

Fortniter33

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
When you’re walking down a tight footpath and two people take up the whole footpath and walk very slowly. You are in a rush but then you get stuck behind two people because they want to walk side by side and block the whole walk way while moving very slowly.

I encountered that today and as I eventually got passed them. I was hungry and a bit pissed off so I said under my breath “you don’t have to take up the whole fucking walk way” as I finally managed to get around these two slow morons. Then some lady yells at me “that was a bit unneccecary”. Really loudly and made a big scene about it. Kind of embarrassed me a bit. Am I in the wrong to be annoyed about something like this? Did I over react?

Yes you should be embarrassed it is a non issue and walking around somebody literally takes a second or two. Let them enjoy their day while you enjoy yours.

Yes and no. There's ways to approach this, I would've just said "excuse me" and walk in between them. With that being said, people are very inconsiderate, specially big people blocking pathways.

the common thing to do is say calmly "behind you, to your left/right etc..." people generally move out of the way and yes you are a dick.

In what world is it not the norm to walk next to someone you are walking with?

As you are coming up behind them just say....."right behind you". Don't even slow your pace to follow them. They will probably say...oh we didn't know you were behind us.....or they will say excuse us and let you by.

I think you are dealing with confrontational issues.

the common thing to do is say calmly "behind you, to your left/right etc..." people generally move out of the way and yes you are a dick.

In what world is it not the norm to walk next to someone you are walking with?
I just think it would be nice if they could maybe have some awareness and maybe walk behind one another for a brief moment while the walk way is very narrow. It was also a busy walk way.

No one could get around them and they were walking at a stupidly slow pace.

Anyway yeah I handled it wrong and am super embarrassed now.

Yes and no. There's ways to approach this, I would've just said "excuse me" and walk in between them. With that being said, people are very inconsiderate, specially big people blocking pathways.
It was actually impossible to do this. The pathway was so narrow. I was stuck behind them until the pathway got wider. So it slowed me down a lot. I know I over reacted though and feel bad for it

As you are coming up behind them just say....."right behind you". Don't even slow your pace to follow them. They will probably say...oh we didn't know you were behind us.....or they will say excuse us and let you by.

I think you are dealing with confrontational issues.
Are you a psychologist?

I understand the annoyance. It's one of my big pet peeves.
Couples holding hands, taking up the ENTIRE sidewalk, and they keep walking towards you, not giving a fuck about anyone else, and seemingly expecting you to walk in the street. Gotta play this stupid game of chicken to see who will move first

But yea, you overreacted just because it was the wrong way to handle it. There was no way for a positive resolution going that route, and you just made yourself look like the asshole.
I just say 'excuse me' and they move. But the annoyance is valid

Yes you overreacted.

It could've been worse. They could've been smoking.

No, you didn't overreact, but what's more annoying is when people do that coming in the opposite direction. College kids are back and sometimes there will be a group walking 4 or 5 across the sidewalk. I always try to keep to the right side, but sometimes, and it's usually always women, they will not budge. One day i kept moving but finally lost my cool and just brick walled this girl with my shoulder. It's annoying that you actually have to say something but yeah, i'll say something. It's extremely disrespectful and ignorant.

I'm the same. I get annoyed by that shit too but it's always immediately after I feel embarassed for getting pissy about it

Well, at least you didn't run them over with a u haul.
What was to the left and right of the pathway that you could not go around? Too narrow for a truck?
Is the path just a metaphor?
I'm just joking buddeh, don't get mad. I used to be addicted to rageahol myself, I still have to be mindful of it.

What's even worse are the tards that walk 3 or 4 abreast and literally take up the whole path..and make no effort to allow oncoming people to get by them

Back