Is there anyone in modern time whose life is more inspiring than Francis Ngannou?

Fengxian

I am God
@Blue
Reaction score
From escaping the Cameroon sandmine, becoming the UFC Heavyweight Champion and getting rich.

Beating the UFC and Dana after being disrespected many times, getting set for life from his boxing endeavors.

His life is a movie. Hell, even if he never win a UFC championship, escaping the sandmine, climbing the border and just became a mediocre UFC fighter is also movie material.

I was wondering if there is anyone in modern time whose life is as epic and inspirational as Francis Ngannou.

From escaping the Cameroon sandmine, becoming the UFC Heavyweight Champion and getting rich.

Beating the UFC and Dana after being disrespected many times, getting set for life from his boxing endeavors.

His life is a movie. Hell, even if he never win a UFC championship, escaping the sandmine, climbing the border and just became a mediocre UFC fighter is also movie material.

I was wondering if there is anyone in modern time whose life is as epic and inspirational as Francis Ngannou.

It might have been but this is the first I ever heard of the guy.

OJ Simpson.

He grew up on the mean streets of San Francisco, his dad left to go be a drag queen, so his mother raised him alone. He had to wear braces on his legs like Forrest Gump. He later became a gang member and even went to a juvenile detention center for a bit.

To come from nothing and wind up as a star athlete, actor, commentator, and becoming so successful that he could get away with murder... It really is inspiring.

It's gonna be hard to find a quality actor to depict him in the biopic without using CGI.

It's gonna be hard to find a quality actor to depict him in the biopic without using CGI.

52a73fc55f6258020364b0.13318033_.jpg

Comparison is the thief of joy. I’m just happy for him - he seems like a good dude

I’m sure there’s plenty of cancer survivors, etc. But in terms of famous athletes; yeah, he’s one of the top rags-to-Ritchie’s stories. And from I what understand, he crawled out of true poverty and a life of back-breaking labor to get where he is. On a different level than someone like the Rock, or even Arnold.

Last edited:
I would think going from carpenters apprentice in backwater village to god enperor of humankind is inspiring. He was even a late start.

Edit: my brain censored the modern part

Back