Is there a context where PEDs should be allowed?

There is research done on this topic. Literature is mixed about PEDs directly promoting fracture healing. There is a period where the body goes through atrophy right after a serious injury. Anabolic steroids help improve outcomes by maintaining lean body mass. You get sent to a physical therapy office after an operation. You are pretty much trying to regain function before the injury and PEDs will help with that.
Sure. But then where do you draw the line? Fighters' muscles hurt after working out, thats kind of an injury, and PEDs will help with that, too. How about the next time Conor breaks his pinky toe? Gonna let him slam test/hgh and pack on another 20 pounds of lean muscle because it will also coincidentally help it heal faster?

i don’t see a problem with steroids or similar such substances if they’re used to:
  • expedite healing.
  • prevent injury.
  • maintain normal test levels for aging fighters
i do have a problem with steroids or other such substances if:
  • they’re used to gain abilities that would otherwise never be possible for that fighter
  • they’re used to push test levels beyond normal range
  • they cause permanent side effects or injury
basically if it helps the fighter to stay healthy and compete for longer, i don’t see any real objection to that. people can say “durability is part of fighting,” or “aging out is part of fighting,” but that’s pretty arbitrary imo. if a 40 y/o fighter is better than his younger counterpart, but is forced to quit simply because his body is in decline, it looks to me like the younger guy is the one with an unfair advantage. that’s what people would say if a young guy fought an old guy on the street—they would say it’s unfair for the young guy to pick on an old man. and you don’t say it’s unfair when the doctor prescribed steroids to help bones heal. but suddenly in the octagon, it’s called “cheating?” basically in any other context, taking substances to help you sustain a healthier, longer life is just called “medicine.”

the main concern for me is i don’t want people turning themselves into circus freaks because they become society’s concern down the road. you know? people having heart attacks in their 40’s because they wanted to look like the hulk in their 20’s and 30’s. people whose joints and ligaments are all fucked up from lifting weights they naturally wouldn’t be able to. people who are sterile and incapable of having families because their nuts stopped working after years of steroid abuse. that’s the kind of stuff we need to prevent.

Sure. But then where do you draw the line? Fighters' muscles hurt after working out, thats kind of an injury, and PEDs will help with that, too. How about the next time Conor breaks his pinky toe? Gonna let him slam test/hgh and pack on another 20 pounds of lean muscle because it will also coincidentally help it heal faster?
They do draw the line with current medical guidelines. It is not exactly a free for all but athletes living in different countries might have different guidelines to treatment. It's also why you see all these athletes flying out to Germany for treatment.

There are clear justified and very necessary medical uses for those drugs, they also need to stay off of it from a determined amount of time to be cleared to compete. I don't understand what this talk is all about

I think it's legal to use PEDs to heal a leg injury a la Conroy McGillicutty though
Yeah. I'm not an expert on sports medicine but I thought "PED's" were used medically all the time on active players/fighters/whatever. You use that substance under whatever common medical use its used for to heal your injury. Then you wait until it's effects have worn off, usually defined as "no longer present in your system" and you can play again.

Similair to drug testing in regular Joe work. You can take whatever your doctor says, you just have to be clear about it and what activities you are restricted from while on it.

Isn't this the boring, normal, status quo?

Most of us have fun mocking Conor allegedly using PEDs after breaking his leg. But what if he did, shouldn't that be allowed?

Conor is just an example. First scenario pertains to bone breaks. Shouldn't medically approved medications - even if they are also performance enhancing - be allowed to facilitate bone healing? The same question applies to muscle tears and a whole bunch of other injuries that take time to heal. Shouldn't substances that could be classified as PEDs be allowed to speed up recovery?

My idea here is NOT to permit PEDs for general use. But as a layman it seems logical that a certain time window could be allotted for the fighters where they could take what they need, and a subsequent window where they would have to chill on the shelf before returning to the cage.

It should be a transparent standard and process, fairly applied to everybody. Wouldn't this help increase fighter longevity as well as reducing down time because of injuries?

Is this possibly a non-problem? Was Jiri for example allowed to use "PEDs" for his shoulder injury?
This was largely the logic behind the TRT exemption they used to have. Fighters with medical exemptions being administered testosterone for legitimate medical reasons under the supervision of a licensed physician. Sounds great in theory but in practice it turns out those sorts of exemptions are just ripe for abuse, hence why it didn’t last very long.

They do draw the line with current medical guidelines. It is not exactly a free for all but athletes living in different countries might have different guidelines to treatment. It's also why you see all these athletes flying out to Germany for treatment.
As far as I know, people fly out to germany for particular procedures that are not approved/regulated in the US yet. I don't think it has anything to do with PEDs per se.

My point was, it's ridiculous to think its above board to let a guy like Conor or anyone else to go off reservation and juice his fucking balls off for a year or two because he broke a bone in his ankle.

there are definitely fighters that uses it so make it legal

I stopped caring about PED's a long time ago.

Why?

Cuz fighting in itself should be frowned upon anyway.

We're literally watching people do what they shouldn't be doing: Fighting.

Who the fuck cares if they're using PED's when every single sane person on earth aggrees that "fighting" is bad?

You just go full retard sometimes huh?
You're a real Nancy.

You should stop watching all together before you hurt your phony little morals.

You should be able to pick 1 PED to use. If you're caught using different ones life time ban. Give me kickboxer on amphetamines vs wrestler on tren, toss it in the pre fight stats.

Most of us have fun mocking Conor allegedly using PEDs after breaking his leg. But what if he did, shouldn't that be allowed?

Conor is just an example. First scenario pertains to bone breaks. Shouldn't medically approved medications - even if they are also performance enhancing - be allowed to facilitate bone healing? The same question applies to muscle tears and a whole bunch of other injuries that take time to heal. Shouldn't substances that could be classified as PEDs be allowed to speed up recovery?

My idea here is NOT to permit PEDs for general use. But as a layman it seems logical that a certain time window could be allotted for the fighters where they could take what they need, and a subsequent window where they would have to chill on the shelf before returning to the cage.

It should be a transparent standard and process, fairly applied to everybody. Wouldn't this help increase fighter longevity as well as reducing down time because of injuries?

Is this possibly a non-problem? Was Jiri for example allowed to use "PEDs" for his shoulder injury?

Unfortunately for that to work that would require people to be honest and have honor...

In today's world the devil has all but removed both of those from the majority of the population... and replaced it with liars and dishonest folk because of GREED ...

As the saying goes give someone and inch and they'll take a mile...

We saw this with ViTRTor and now with Conor ....

So unfortunately your window for healing exemption is just another way to cheat ...and if were honest snapping your leg in two should probably mean the end of your fighting career anyways...taking drugs shouldn't prolong anyone's career as thats not naturally possible...but that might be too honest of a take for most..same with getting old and aging out of a sport..

Last edited:
I stopped caring about PED's a long time ago.

Why?

Cuz fighting in itself should be frowned upon anyway.

We're literally watching people do what they shouldn't be doing: Fighting.

Who the fuck cares if they're using PED's when every single sane person on earth aggrees that "fighting" is bad?
So your opinion is only dictated by how others feel.

Yeah. I'm not an expert on sports medicine but I thought "PED's" were used medically all the time on active players/fighters/whatever. You use that substance under whatever common medical use its used for to heal your injury. Then you wait until it's effects have worn off, usually defined as "no longer present in your system" and you can play again.

Similair to drug testing in regular Joe work. You can take whatever your doctor says, you just have to be clear about it and what activities you are restricted from while on it.

Isn't this the boring, normal, status quo?

I presumed such

Back