Is there a context where PEDs should be allowed?

Either everyone should be allowed to do as much as they want, or nobody should be allowed to do anything. What we've had is absolute bullshit. I'm leaning more towards just letting everyone do as much as they want because some fighters find a way around it no matter what. So take the cheating advantage away and let everyone juice

They should just let people use PEDs. People are going to find a way to cheat and get that advantage no matter what. Let it out in the open and lets see who the best roided up guy is. lol

I think all sports should allow healing agents....

They should just allow PEDs but make sure there is a approval and evaluation process to ensure the most dangerous are not used.

It's insane that some systems will have it to where whoever is willing to permanently destroy their body the most will be the winner. That's not true fighting competition to me. That's just a race to self-destruction.

Reactions: HHJ
Most of us have fun mocking Conor allegedly using PEDs after breaking his leg. But what if he did, shouldn't that be allowed?

Conor is just an example. First scenario pertains to bone breaks. Shouldn't medically approved medications - even if they are also performance enhancing - be allowed to facilitate bone healing? The same question applies to muscle tears and a whole bunch of other injuries that take time to heal. Shouldn't substances that could be classified as PEDs be allowed to speed up recovery?

My idea here is NOT to permit PEDs for general use. But as a layman it seems logical that a certain time window could be allotted for the fighters where they could take what they need, and a subsequent window where they would have to chill on the shelf before returning to the cage.

It should be a transparent standard and process, fairly applied to everybody. Wouldn't this help increase fighter longevity as well as reducing down time because of injuries?

Is this possibly a non-problem? Was Jiri for example allowed to use "PEDs" for his shoulder injury?
I'm actually completely for doctor approved and controlled drugs for surgery recovery. There are sarms that were originally designed for muscle wasting so it's not entirely foreign to medicine.
As long as they have prescribed treatments for certain injury categories with regs on dosage and duration.

You should be able to pick 1 PED to use. If you're caught using different ones life time ban. Give me kickboxer on amphetamines vs wrestler on tren, toss it in the pre fight stats.
amphetamines is way too dagerous

I think there should be a separate league for fighters that want to juice. It's your body, do what you want sp long as you're not gaining an unfair advantage over your peers. You wanna juice and fight? Ok, go fight other juicers.

It's a lose lose facet of the game.

<EdgyBrah>

T

At least Anderson looked like the same person.

You think Anderson was clean till then? Lol.

To add context to this, he was busted by his first random test ever in his career.

"The Brazilian fighter tested positive for drostanolone, an anabolic steroid, in addition to a form of androstane, on Jan. 9. He tested positive for drostanolone again on Jan. 31, as well as anti-anxiety medication, which also is considered a banned substance.

He was still allowed to compete on Jan. 31 despite the previously failed test because the NSAC had not received the results from its lab in Salt Lake City."

"Silva previously had never failed a test in his professional career, which dates to 1997. This was the first time, however, he was subjected to random, out-of-competition testing, which the NSAC started to utilize somewhat regularly in the past year."

Hmm... I would say that this is exactly what the old USADA/UFC "6 months in pool before getting a fight" should mean. Exit the pool to heal (or just roid) yourself with all substances known to science, chill on shelf for 6 months with clean tests afterwards.

There should be 0 moralists being moral about what you do when you are not in the testing pool, right?
The issue is that a single dosage of a PED can have positive physical effects for up to ten yerars depending person to person.
Personally, I agree with this
The problem is that Conor abused the fuck out of them. I mean look at him.

Also he's been healed for quite a while. He was "supposed" to enter the testing pool months ago.

At least Anderson looked like the same person.

If there was some regiment, by a doctor, for X amount of time. And if wasn't a secret. Then I think it'd be ok
Doctor is know, regiment is known would be fair to all and I doubt fighters would complain about torn shoulders and broken legs having non-natural healing methods applied as long as they know guys aren't going in to get a 6 month supply of TRT for pulling a muscle and getting an unfair advantage. The issue this comes across from a legal perspective is HIPAA, the right to medical privacy.

In my circles ped usage in sports is still highly frowned upon

The issue is that a single dosage of a PED can have positive physical effects for up to ten yerars depending person to person.
Personally, I agree with this

Yea, it is a complex issue (if ”clean” sport is the genuine goal) and I have 0 credentials on discussing the actual effects of it - comment was just more about the actual system in place now.

If you roid outside of the pool, as long as you do the 6 months clean before fighting again you are golden according the rules. Hence no morals should be involved about ”cheating” etc. Just like Pride had no testing, so there is no reason to even talk of peds negatively in that context - it was ok by the rules. Etc.

If we want to open the discussion:

The 6 month thing seems quite darn short given the infrequence of fighting - missing one (if we take 2 fights a year averaga) fight to ”rehab” and then sit out of 6 months is not too bad for fighters who do have money to survive more than day to day, compared to other sports where you would miss most/all of a season with this kind of arrangement.

Fighters get "exemptions" all the time with doctor prescriptions, its the same, if a doctor prescribes some legal treatment with PED's then whoever does the antidopping can work around it, ie a huge injury like Conor's for instance, with medical reason there should be a way.

Most of us have fun mocking Conor allegedly using PEDs after breaking his leg. But what if he did, shouldn't that be allowed?

Conor is just an example. First scenario pertains to bone breaks. Shouldn't medically approved medications - even if they are also performance enhancing - be allowed to facilitate bone healing? The same question applies to muscle tears and a whole bunch of other injuries that take time to heal. Shouldn't substances that could be classified as PEDs be allowed to speed up recovery?

My idea here is NOT to permit PEDs for general use. But as a layman it seems logical that a certain time window could be allotted for the fighters where they could take what they need, and a subsequent window where they would have to chill on the shelf before returning to the cage.

It should be a transparent standard and process, fairly applied to everybody. Wouldn't this help increase fighter longevity as well as reducing down time because of injuries?

Is this possibly a non-problem? Was Jiri for example allowed to use "PEDs" for his shoulder injury?

This sort of happens man, when people step out of the USADA pool because they have a long term injury, I assume that's when they use whatever to recover.

I think this is a good thing for what it's worth, some people abuse PEDs but if you're using them for injury recovery it should be allowed. Now how you police this I have no idea.

For injuries 100%. At least HGH should be allowed for recovery.

Back