Is Sean Sherk the Gatekeeper of GOATs?

A compact monster for sure. though, It's probably good that he retired before he had a chance to battle today's mighty gatekeeper; Usada.

If you watch the behind the scenes on the UFC 56 DVD, sherk was complaining about gsp being greased up after their fight. Said during the grappling exchanges he couldn't get ahold of him at all lol

Sherk was fun as heck to watch, had serious power and great wrestling. And yes, only losses were to 4 guys who held a belt, or two in BJ's case.

Now someone needs to start a thread..."Prime Sherk vs. Prime Mendes, who wins and how"

If you watch the behind the scenes on the UFC 56 DVD, sherk was complaining about gsp being greased up after their fight. Said during the grappling exchanges he couldn't get ahold of him at all lol

“I hit him with an elbow and I heard him say ‘argh’”
-GSP

I started watching MMA right around the time Sherk became champion and he was my favorite fighter for a little while. I liked seeing this short, muscular dude beat up on people who were a lot taller than him.

I assumed the Dunham fight was the beginning of a comeback and then he just quit fighting after that.

Agreed that winning and defending the belt removes a person from gatekeeper status.

Severely underated fighter. How are you a gatekeeper when you've been champ and defended your title?

sherk is more hall of fame worthy than serra, by a long shot

I think I read something about people soaking their skin in lotion the night before the fight and then when they start sweating it makes them all slick during the fight. I think that I actually read that on here years ago.

Super hot unscented mineral oil baths. Then you let the skin air dry. Soon as you start sweating it starts coming out of your pores.

Heard some people used albolene too idk

There is probably a dozen greasing tricks brought over from other sports

I started watching MMA right around the time Sherk became champion and he was my favorite fighter for a little while. I liked seeing this short, muscular dude beat up on people who were a lot taller than him.

I assumed the Dunham fight was the beginning of a comeback and then he just quit fighting after that.
He kept getting injured in training.

Watching him fight Franca was pretty impressive, he got hit with flush knees to the face when he was going for takedowns and it didn't even phase him. He powered right trough and planted Hermes on his ass.

War Sherk. Dude was a legit bad ass and while I believe he was one of the few 'old fighters' who evolved with the game he was already battle worn when he made his improvements unfortunately. Also that steroid scandal was a massive fuck up on the CSAC's part.

Sherk was a great fighter very underrated and not appreciated enough for how good he was.

Urijah Faber ever since WEC folded.

Bud, a gatekeeper excludes champions and defending champs at that. Check your definition what a gatekeeper is next time

He was the Cain Velasquez of LW

Back