Is Renan Barao the most mentally broken fighter you've seen?

He's not mentally broken, he's just not as good as people thought he was.

Lol he lost a competitive 29-28 decision against a top 15 FW. He doesn't look the same but give him a break.

Anyway,besides Ronda,that trophy goes to Jake Ellenberger. He never looked the same after his fight with Rory and that’s a shame.

I dont think its mental at all. He hasnt performed too well of late, and although im certainly not accusing him of anything, one cant help but be suspicious when an mma fighter that basically hadn't lost for a decade and was a p4p king consideration before even entering the prime of the career, starts to under perform when strict testing is suddenly put in place. Again, Im not suggesting that at all - there could be many reasons to account for his drop in performance - but Schaub certainly has an opinion:

"Ever notice the people, the ol' South America ain't doing too hot since this drug testing thing?"
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/8/6...ian-fighters-drug-testing-aldo-barao-mma-news

It's extremely common for fighters to spiral downwards after just one devastating loss.

Sports are very mental, especially individual ones... just ask tiger woods.

Brandon Vera / Karo Parisyan

Both of these guys had all the tools, and never came close to realizing their potential because they couldn't handle the mental aspects of the game.

He lost to the #1 BW. No shame in that. It was the way he lost. I think he might have reconsidered some things when he realized he can't beat TJ. He didn't drop some close decision. He got brutally KOed twice in very one sided beatdowns. It definitely takes its toll. He looked sloppy and tentative against Gagnon. We will never see the same Barao again.

He took some heavy shots and didn't go down vs Stephens and it stayed competitive. I bet he looks even better in his next fight.

i'd say Mayhem but Filho is another strong case.

we're talking about people that were\are on their way to the asylum.

I wouldn't say completely broken. In the 2nd TJ fight, it was palpable he was lacking confidence and probably knew deep down he was going to lose.

To his credit, it looks like he is trying to evolve his game. In the first round of the Stephens fight, he was a lot lighter on his fight and looked pretty good. His problem is, when he gets hit hard or starts to tire, he goes back to his sets ways.

The game is evolving rapidly and he is just a little bit behind, at present. He will be back, i'm sure.

David Terrell holds that crown, he's GOAT broken fighter.

Joe Son.
#KeithHackneyrectum/damnnearkilledhim.

search
Renan Barao at one point looked like the next big thing. 31 fight winning streak. 7 straight wins in the UFC.

What happened?

After Dillashaw he never looked the same. Jeremy Stevens has 12 losses. 2-3 in his last five and he beat Bareo 30-27.

Faber, and Mcdonald are high level strikers yet he looked completely lost against Stevens like he had no idea what to do.

Two years before that he was looking like a world class fighter.

Was it TJ who broke him? Or was it the new chompers?

renan_barao3.0.0.jpg

quit making shit up you tard. stephens didn't win 30-27

Needs to take some serious time off, work his game, he went up to a weight class full of talent, i dont think he is broken, i think TJ got his number and lost a competitive fight to Stephens who used to fight at LW and its doing fine lately.

Back