Is Renan Barao the most mentally broken fighter you've seen?

I don't think he's that broken. TJ is just a terrible match-up. And to make it worse, Cruz is just as bad. Barao can probably beat everyone in the division but struggle with those 2.

Renan Barao at one point looked like the next big thing. 31 fight winning streak. 7 straight wins in the UFC.

What happened?

After Dillashaw he never looked the same. Jeremy Stevens has 12 losses. 2-3 in his last five and he beat Bareo 30-27.

Faber, and Mcdonald are high level strikers yet he looked completely lost against Stevens like he had no idea what to do.

Two years before that he was looking like a world class fighter.

No.

UNILAD-rousey350606-640x366.jpg

1117-ronda-airport-01-1200x630.jpg

giphy.gif

He's as mentally broken from the Dillashaw fights as Junior was from the Cain fights, which means that he isn't. Dude lost to probably the no2 BW in the world and to one of the top FWs and all of the sudden he's broken? Give me a break.

Pettis is pretty bad too.

Rich Franklin looked mentally broken in the Silva's fights.

What makes you think he is mentally broken at all, much less the most mentally broken fighter we've ever seen? He has lost fights lately...am I missing something? I see no connection between physical ability going down hill and being mentally broken. Do you have some information about him, like he refuses to get out of bed? Is depressed? Lost his ability to smile or laugh? So really....what makes you think he is even slightly broken mentally?

Rousey hasn't even come back. And looks like a ham planet now.

I find Brazilian fighters in general are mentally weak. They can easily be rustled just by trash talking them and they are often never the same after they lose.

Pettis maybe. I still think Pettis has the skills, he just seems to have a mental block. Barboza was a tailor made fight for him and he still came out looking gun shy, hopefully the move down to 45 will be good for him.

Barao looked good in his last fight, despite the loss. A win streak is only as good in this discussion's context as the opponents faced and the variety of styles they mastered. It wasnt until Barao's 31st fight, did he start facing VERY good competition. And only within his last 8 fights, only 4 were truly elite. So perhaps we should look at his last 8 fights and say..."at the top of the heap, he's a 5 and 3 fighter and always has been"

Again...judging fights 1 through 30 and comparing it to fights 31 through 38 and saying he fell off, is dismissing a lot of context.

Back