Is Pereira the luckiest SoB alive or why do they keep wanting to stand and bang with him?

Jedi Mind Trick

giphy.gif

Jan fight shows what happens when non-wrestlers try to go full D1 and grind out a win like that for 3+ rounds, they gas. You have to be a primary wrestler to have the grappling cardio to make it late. Pereira isn't a guy you can take out early on the ground.
Jan used his wrestling against Izzy for the final couple rounds of their fight and didn't gas after one round like he did against Alex.

Jan used his wrestling against Izzy for the final couple rounds of their fight and didn't gas after one round like he did against Alex.
Probably cos Alex is bigger, stronger, hits harder and is harder to hold down. Damn it must have felt good for izzy to knock him out like he did. I think it was the biggest mind=blown moments for me in watching mma.it seemed like izzy was getting his ass handed to him again and then out of nowhere david kncoks out goliath in such a spectacular way.

I love how the fanbois seem to erase the fact that this dude got completely flatlined by Izzy and KOed but some garbble rapper from You Tube. lol

sherdogdarlingdead.jpg

Everyone that has wrestled him in the UFC has lost.

Jan was a 38-year-old-man taking down and holding down a dude he outweighed by probably 20+ pounds on fight night against Izzy. And that fight happened in Vegas.

With Pereira, Jan was now in his 40s, had experienced some injuries as of late... and he was trying to take down and hold down a 6'4" dude who probably outweighed him on fight night. And the fight happened at elevation.

It’s not that they don’t try. Glover is doing some proper work with that man. He is hard to keep down. And people hate it, because he is a kickboxer and shouldn’t perform so well. So now they bank on Ankalaev to “put him in his place”. If Ank fails, the whole division is crap anyway.
This is exactly what will happen after Poatan launches Ankalaev's beard to go sit next to his calf in the 15th row.

His striking is from another realm? Didn't he get KTFO by Adesanya? Why are people so quick at saying someone new is the GOAT and that a fighter on a nice streak is the best at something? Pereira is a great striker but from another realm? Are you serious? Are you trolling?

Probably cos Alex is bigger, stronger, hits harder and is harder to hold down. Damn it must have felt good for izzy to knock him out like he did. I think it was the biggest mind=blown moments for me in watching mma.it seemed like izzy was getting his ass handed to him again and then out of nowhere david kncoks out goliath in such a spectacular way.
Izzy will be talking about it at the bar he's at for 300.

Jan was often a coin toss when it was about cardio. He gassed after first a few times, sometimes he could go full 5. Also he's getting old

Hill assumes he has a large power advantage which is untrue. Speed maybe a bit but alex is a plodding counter striker who finds his mark throughout impeccable timing. Throw anything a few times and find yourself looking up at the red.

Poatan presents as an upright target, stiff mechanical movements, awkward grappler -- lulls them in.

LOL, I don't think anyone has attempted that in a fight.
Yeah, attempting that many takedowns in a round wouldn't make sense and you would just be telegraphing your takedowns at that point. And great MMA wrestlers like Khabib and GSP don't need 10 takedowns a round to get you down.
Merab attempted 14 TDs and 12 TDs in rounds 3 and 5 against Yan.

Merab also attempted 11 TDs in round 2 of Kenney.

Khabib attempted 11 TDs in round 3 of Trujillo.

Cain came close with 9 in round 1 of JDS 2.

Good point, forgot about that, but he didn't quite do it the whole fight and was younger. I think the size and physicality of Pereira is harder to deal with to hold down to a decision.

He is probably the best striker of all time in mma. High skill insane power. Knocked out strickland, jiri, tko-d adesanya. If jamahal really wants to stand with him, id be very suprised if he managed to do well on the feet.
That's a stretch...

It’s not that they don’t try. Glover is doing some proper work with that man. He is hard to keep down. And people hate it, because he is a kickboxer and shouldn’t perform so well. So now they bank on Ankalaev to “put him in his place”. If Ank fails, the whole division is crap anyway.
3 leg kicks and Ank is Desperately diving for crotch till he gets KO'd

That fight was at elevation though. It might have turned out differently if it weren't. However I do agree that people are underestimating Alex's ability to get off his back if put there. He's a big guy and Glover is teaching him well. Each fight he's getting better and better defending take down's and getting up. If he continues to improve at the same rate I could see even Ank having a hard time getting him down and keeping him there if that match up ends up happening that is.

All Alex needs is TDD good enough to keep you on the feet long enough for him to implement leg kicks. Once you're compromised you're getting clapped. Exactly like jiri did.

Back