Is Pereira the luckiest SoB alive or why do they keep wanting to stand and bang with him?

Its true. I am very surprised how good the guy's defensive grappling has gotten in a short amount of time.
Not a short amount of time. He's been grinding with Glover for a long time.

would love to see him fight ddp at 185

They want to test his standup a little and realize they made the wrong choice when Alex lands a few calf kicks. Once those land then their takedown ability diminishes too.

Alex has been taken down and has been able to survive and escape bad positions. Strickland and Izzy 2 are the only fights where he wasn't on the ground. If he was as 1 dimensional as people say he would've been finished on the ground by now.

It was the latter! And you were trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.
<DCWhoa>

Because LHW is the weakest its ever been

imagine Alex fighting DC, Jones, even prime Rumble could KO Alex or take him down and land brutal GNP

His striking is from another realm? Didn't he get KTFO by Adesanya? Why are people so quick at saying someone new is the GOAT and that a fighter on a nice streak is the best at something? Pereira is a great striker but from another realm? Are you serious? Are you trolling?
Name a better or more decorated striker in MMA history, outside of Semmy Schilt. I'll save you the time, you can't. By pure numbers, he's the best kickboxer to enter the UFC, and for some reason, that makes a lot of people mad.

Not a short amount of time. He's been grinding with Glover for a long time.
I do tend to think people overestimate how long it can take to develop defensive anti wrestling, Mirkos game was very strong within 18 months of debut whilst still fighting K-1 at the same time.

Part of it I think comes down to style and natural ability as well, Mirko's game was to throw almost entirely big fight ending shots on the counter so it was very hard to catch him throwing something, Alex throws more volume than Mirko BUT he tends to do so from a very stable base slowly stalking opponents meaning its very hard to catch him off balance.

Unless someone has a very strong grappling game tied into their striking the only way to get him down reguarly is to go very deep on a single leg or the clinch and that takes a lot of cardio and if Alex just stands back up thats a waste.

Back