Is Pavlovich is the Russian Ngannou?

Pavlovich got wrestlefucked. Lets not pretend that Ngannou in his early career wouldn't have lost the same way if Overeem had gone for takedowns.
Overeem has gone for TDs against Ngannou. And Ngannou faced Blaydes in his 2nd UFC fight.

Overeem has gone for TDs against Ngannou. And Ngannou faced Blaydes in his 2nd UFC fight.

Honestly good point, but I'm just thinking about how Stipe wrestlefucked Ngannou

There is some resemblance, like they're both huge guys who pack a punch and use primarily boxing, but I don't think Sergei is as much of a freak as Ngannou. Not convinced he's top 5 material either as it seems there's at least a couple of guys who can beat him the way Overeem did.
Maybe he's more like the new Todd Duffee, or what Duffee could've been without injuries and setbacks.

Pavlovich has better technique, about equal for speed, and but not as powerful as Ngannou and probably doesn't gas as easily.

I think Gane has the tools to at least decision nearly everyone in HW besides Ngannou.
Doesn't seem to have Ngannou's chin either.

I think Pavlovich is the Russian version of Ngannou. He's the same height and reach (6'3 and 84"), he's got a monster physique, he's been finishing people violently in the first round, and he does it by swinging his huge arms with ridiculous power.

Regardless of what you think of the Lewis stoppage, he faceplanted Derrick which is more than Ngannou managed to do.

We'll see if Pavlovich manages to evolve a ground game like Ngannou did, but at this point in his career he is doing exactly what earlier Ngannou was doing.
Not as powerful but more technical.

He's good but Russian Ngannou?? Heck no, Ngannou's power is unmatched.

Francis loads up on punches more.

Both are very quick for their size.

So yes, difinitely some resemblance.

Honestly good point, but I'm just thinking about how Stipe wrestlefucked Ngannou
He still stopped 8 of 14 TD attempts and survived (Stipe has a nasty GnP).
But even then the issue wasn't the wrestling, he came unprepared and not conditioned, threw the gameplan and gassed himself out
Not an excuse, but it's what happened.

I think Pavlovich is the Russian version of Ngannou. He's the same height and reach (6'3 and 84"), he's got a monster physique, he's been finishing people violently in the first round, and he does it by swinging his huge arms with ridiculous power.

Regardless of what you think of the Lewis stoppage, he faceplanted Derrick which is more than Ngannou managed to do.

We'll see if Pavlovich manages to evolve a ground game like Ngannou did, but at this point in his career he is doing exactly what earlier Ngannou was doing.

He has a unique build. It is unusual to have such an 84 inch wingspan at only 6"3. Jones has that at 6"4 & 1/2 or so and Francis Ngannou has 83 inch reach at 6"4. Cyril Gane is 6"5 with 81 inch reach.

I think average for a 6"3 guy would be 78 inches to 80.

He is also 255lbs jacked with low body fat %. And fairly fast with a 45 inch leg length which is also very long considering Cyril gane leg length is 42 inches.

Back