Is Nate scared to lose?

You can catch a lot of fish, or you can catch a big fish.
But what if you won't catch a big fish ever again and will stay hungry? I mean Conor doesn't need him he needs Conor.

If he fights on a card without Conor it puts a number on his PPV drawing power. A low number ruins his negotiating position for the Conor fight.

And if I were Conor, I wouldnt fight Nate at 155, until Nate fights someone beforehand.

Why would Conor care about that?

He's not scared...he's just stupid...his last fight was a loss...and he hasn't fought in a year and a half...there is no way on earth he should be fighting for any title...at this point, he shouldn't even be ranked in the top 10. not sure if he is or not...he should have to fight a top 5 contender..if he's turning down fights, dana shouldn't offer him any more fights...
Stupid is Diego Sanchez....keeps fighting & losing for pennies because he has no other options while his mind withers away.
An average fighter is begging for a fight but not Nate Diaz. He knows he is worth something because UFC is desperate for money fights. He is holding out so he can optimize his potential pay.

Nate doesn't have the heart of a fighter. At least not anymore. He's only doing it for the money.

No, Tony and Woodley are good fights but not good draws. They carry titles but it obviously isn't either Diaz bro cared about. Nate isn't in it for the long run anymore, he's looking for one more big payday to set him up for retirement. Also losing before fighting Conor ever again would lower his chances a lot on getting that fight. His best chances are to wait, as Conor doesn't seem too interested in fighting the contenders in line and the rest won't provide that much to Nate either.​

He's not scared...he's just stupid...his last fight was a loss...and he hasn't fought in a year and a half...there is no way on earth he should be fighting for any title...at this point, he shouldn't even be ranked in the top 10. not sure if he is or not...he should have to fight a top 5 contender..if he's turning down fights, dana shouldn't offer him any more fights...

Although he is probably my favorite fighter I agree with you that he does not deserve a title fight. I think he is ranked #8 at LW, which is about right. He is a top 10 fighter in that weight class but being offered a title fight at WW is a joke and shows the UFC does not care about rankings and had ulterior motives in trying to book that fight. As long as he's not retired though he will continue to get offered fights because he's exciting, people want to watch him fight and he's basically the Peoples Champ.

He's probably quite comfortable now and doesn't give a shit about fighting anymore, his only interest is that Conor rematch which he wants huge money for if it happens, taking another fight he doesn't care about and loosing blows that fight out of the water, so really he's retired unless he gets to fight conor really, time to forget about the Diaz bros if you ask me.

I'm not saying scared as in "scared". I'm just saying if he loses a fight prior to Conor, his leverage drops...But if he was to win the WW title, then his leverage goes up.

He knows he cannot beat Conor at 155, but he also does know he will get paid in that fight regardless. If he fought Tony, and beat him, then he can talk all the smack he wants, because he would the number 1 guy...

I'm getting a kick out of the people saying he doesn't deserve a fight against McGregor. As if, now that Conor got his hands on the belt there is a very rigorous set of boxes you have to check to even sniff a title shot (against the champion who has exactly 1 fight in the division)

His stoner fans will always eat up the narrative that "He just wants Conor, he's 2 cool to fight anyone else". See above posts.

You are a fucking idiot and I don't even have to explain why

he doesnt like to fight and scared of long term brain damage

It is quite simple - he knows Woodley crushes him and he slips again into irrelevancy. If these guys beat up Nate - Woodley does too - easily.
upload_2017-11-18_10-57-24.png

Stupid is Diego Sanchez....keeps fighting & losing for pennies because he has no other options while his mind withers away.
An average fighter is begging for a fight but not Nate Diaz. He knows he is worth something because UFC is desperate for money fights. He is holding out so he can optimize his potential pay.

The only risk to that is...that fight you are so interested in, might never come...

Oh please explain what part of the situation I misunderstand

Your assumption that Nate is scared to fight Woodley for fear of diminishing his shot at a trilogy fight is ignorant.

I think Nate has made it quite clear what the situation is. Nate believes his compensation to fight should be a certain amount and he has enough money now to stick to his beliefs. Whether Nate's belief in his value is correct or not is subjective and largely irrelevant as fighters are contractors and set their own price.

I believe Nate would fight Conor, Tony, Woodley or anybody else if he felt his compensation was appropriate.

Your assumption that Nate is scared to fight Woodley for fear of diminishing his shot at a trilogy fight is ignorant.

I think Nate has made it quite clear what the situation is. Nate believes his compensation to fight should be a certain amount and he has enough money now to stick to his beliefs. Whether Nate's belief in his value is correct or not is subjective and largely irrelevant as fighters are contractors and set their own price.

I believe Nate would fight Conor, Tony, Woodley or anybody else if he felt his compensation was appropriate.

Well, in my opinion, Nate is full of shit and he knows he wouldn't fight Conor if he loses next. Simple as that

u want to go against Woodly smash machine and get peanuts or Connor and get the gold?

But what if you won't catch a big fish ever again and will stay hungry? I mean Conor doesn't need him he needs Conor.

Yep, he wants his red panty party with Conor and wants a billion dollars to do so....he will prob price himself out of any other fight because he wont get paid what he will in a fight with anybody else but Conor.

He's not scared. He's dumb and listening to whichever idiot is telling him he'll get $20m for his next fight as long as he holds off.

Diaz bros, always tough, always dumb.

Agreed and I would put my money on Nick being the idiot in his ear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back