Is Nate scared to lose?

dmc

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
He turned down fight with Tony, and now with Tyrone as well.

It's like he only wants a fight with Conor, and won't fight anyone else prior. Because if he loses prior, his stock drops. Where in reality his stock isn't sh*t anyways. If he wants some pull, beat Tony or take Tyrones belt, if not peace the f*ck out...

He was more or less forgotten about before his fight with Conor. Now his name is somewhat back in the light, and he will not take advantage of it. I mean he just turned a title fight down.

If I were Dana, I would just plain forget about Nate all together. And if I were Conor, I wouldnt fight Nate at 155, until Nate fights someone beforehand. Conor don't need Nate at all, Conor sells himself and his fights. All Nate does is flip people off and says f*ck...

He was just offered a chance to be the WW champion. With the belt he would have much more say. Conor has LW belt and GSP has MW. Nate could have WW belt, but is scared to lose. I dont like Tyrone, but I would take him over Nate wannabe thug ass...

Nate is playing his self, and his persona has been played out...

he just wants to get paid tons of cash

he doesn't care about losing

he even said it himself, sometimes you win and sometimes you lose in this game

Whether you hate the Diaz bros or love them I don't think the word "scared" and Nate Diaz should ever be used in the same sentence.

He knows he can beat Conor and he wants money.

I've never seen Nate fight like he's scared to lose. That's what's so great about fighters like him. He just wants paid.

100%. Everyone knows UFC would hand him the Conor fight with just 1 win, so why else would he not fight and guarantee getting the money fight he wanted?

His stoner fans will always eat up the narrative that "He just wants Conor, he's 2 cool to fight anyone else". See above posts.

Obviously his stock is not "shit" as you so eloquently put it , or he wouldn't be gifted a title shot like he is.

Hard to buy Nate being scared , easier to buy him being able to judge risk vs reward and knowing where his biggest money can come from .

Last edited:
Sorry but honestly he holds the sole UFC win over McGregor and probably made 1mil+ on both fights there's really no need to fight anymore. I remember a long time ago he was asked about his brothers inactivity and he said he could t do that because he needed to eat and make a living but he's set for life now. I'd love to see him fight again but I honestly can't blame him for not especially when considering the way UFC pays fighters

100% scared, scared of losing at the negotiation table!

He's not scared. He's dumb and listening to whichever idiot is telling him he'll get $20m for his next fight as long as he holds off.

Diaz bros, always tough, always dumb.

he just wants to get paid tons of cash

he doesn't care about losing

he even said it himself, sometimes you win and sometimes you lose in this game

Lol its BS in this current situation though. If he loses, he's not getting the trilogy fight he wanted, hence why he's scared to lose.

"sometimes you win and sometimes you lose" only applies when you are a journeyman with no goals left

I've never seen Nate fight like he's scared to lose. That's what's so great about fighters like him. He just wants paid.

He's not scared...he's just stupid...his last fight was a loss...and he hasn't fought in a year and a half...there is no way on earth he should be fighting for any title...at this point, he shouldn't even be ranked in the top 10. not sure if he is or not...he should have to fight a top 5 contender..if he's turning down fights, dana shouldn't offer him any more fights...

Which would you rather have a cut of? A McGregor PPV that’s gonna do over a million or a cut of a PPV with a guy coming off two of the most boring fights in UFC history? I'd hold out for the payday too. That being said I would love to see Nate v Tyron

I get it that he's looking for a big money-fight, presumably against Conor. But who are the people who wants to see that fight? Do they actually exist?

I feel all he wants is money and he plays only on one card which is Conor. But to be honest, after his last two fights he's relatively well known and his name been buzzing around for a while he could stop depending on Conor's payday and just take the fucking fight he feels he could get the most out of (money wise), hype that shit up and get a good contract, but again I don't think that he's that type of person who's able to negotiate well.
<209Bitch>

I get it that he's looking for a big money-fight, presumably against Conor. But who are the people who wants to see that fight? Do they actually exist?
Yeah most definitely not at the moment I would rather see Nate and Conor fighting someone else first.

100%. Everyone knows UFC would hand him the Conor fight with just 1 win, so why else would he not fight and guarantee getting the money fight he wanted?

His stoner fans will always eat up the narrative that "He just wants Conor, he's 2 cool to fight anyone else". See above posts.

Calling out stoners yet you are too dumb to understand the situation....priceless.

You can catch a lot of fish, or you can catch a big fish.

He cant risk that Conor money by getting smashed by Woodley

Back