Is Nate scared to lose?

For sure don't get your panties in a bunch for Nate not fighting lol...plenty of others you can criticize for that.

Don’t know or care why he’s refusing the fight but I’m glad he is. The ufc sat there and literally though “what is the fucking dumbest fight we could make” then did it.

100%. Everyone knows UFC would hand him the Conor fight with just 1 win, so why else would he not fight and guarantee getting the money fight he wanted?

His stoner fans will always eat up the narrative that "He just wants Conor, he's 2 cool to fight anyone else". See above posts.

Pretty ionic statement.

They should offer the fight to Nick.

Diaz boys prefer fun, exciting fights... that pay them.

Good for them.

He turned down fight with Tony, and now with Tyrone as well.

It's like he only wants a fight with Conor, and won't fight anyone else prior. Because if he loses prior, his stock drops. Where in reality his stock isn't sh*t anyways. If he wants some pull, beat Tony or take Tyrones belt, if not peace the f*ck out...

He was more or less forgotten about before his fight with Conor. Now his name is somewhat back in the light, and he will not take advantage of it. I mean he just turned a title fight down.

If I were Dana, I would just plain forget about Nate all together. And if I were Conor, I wouldnt fight Nate at 155, until Nate fights someone beforehand. Conor don't need Nate at all, Conor sells himself and his fights. All Nate does is flip people off and says f*ck...

He was just offered a chance to be the WW champion. With the belt he would have much more say. Conor has LW belt and GSP has MW. Nate could have WW belt, but is scared to lose. I dont like Tyrone, but I would take him over Nate wannabe thug ass...

Nate is playing his self, and his persona has been played out...
I agree. That dude and his brother are way overrated and delusional. I used to like them because they were all about fighting and didn't care about hype or media bullshit but now they're just plain delusional. Can't be mad at Nate for staying out of the game until Conor fights him though. He wouldn't even be a top 3 contenders for the belt at 155. Tony, Khabib, Lee, Barbosa, Poirier, Pettis, today's Cowboy would all beat him. Nate is smart enough to know that which is why he ain't signing to fight anybody not named McGregor. If that trilogy has to happen, it'll be at a catch weight w no belt on the line. Just a fun match up like the first 2 were. I wouldn't be surprised if Nated retired after that either.

Pretty sure he just wants a lot of money. He and his brother have both said they don't really like fighting, it's just the only thing they're any good at. He's at a place now where he doesn't have to accept fights that pay 20 or 50k. He wants millions or it's not worth him getting back in the cage. That's my take on it anyway. I have no idea what Woodley vs Diaz would have paid, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't come close to McGregor vs Diaz 1 or 2.

That said, I didn't like this shit anyway. The number 6 LW against the WW champ? Makes no fucking sense. Even from a money standpoint I can't see it pulling the greatest of numbers. Though, as I say often, I've been wrong before. Diaz does have a pretty good following. Folks may have watched just hoping he could pull the upset.

He is the former and only mcbelt holder

No.

They simply aren't willing to pay him what he thinks he's worth. This is all blustering for now. We've got another week or two of this back and forth before anything happens.

He's not afraid to fight anybody. He just wants to get paid.

Its Prize Fighting after all.

Everyone knows the title isn't any sort of prize these days. May as well get paid.

He's scared to lose and why shouldn't he? If he loses there is potential to be written off as irrelevant before the trilogy fight with McGregor.

Why doesn't Stipe fight Struve? Why doesn't McGregor fight Joe Duffy? The list goes on... If you lose a fight in the UFC, you lose a chance to prove yourself. When we can claim a fighter should retire like people were saying after Nate vs bendo or RDA. They said he's a loser and washed up, should never touch a top fight again.

We are so critical against fighters we made it like this. If we didn't declare a fighter was horrible after a loss and abandon them, then they would take more risks. UFC doesn't help by cutting people with 2 losses in a row. But this system enables cherry picking.

So yeah I think all fighters are scared the world views them as washed up and they will have to spend 2 years fighting bums to prove themselves again to the world. All the money going away from them because everyone else is telling them they have to start over again.

Back