Is MMA a Barbaric Sport?

th

It's definitely a brutal sport. So is boxing. And that's why we love them.

99.9% of fighters don't die and 90-95% of them don't suffer long-term injuries, brain or otherwise.

Hell no, the sport has become much more pussified, its soft these days. in the old days 1993 - 2000 it was real fighting and no rules and "ultimate fighting". now its too soft. Hague died in boxing

Not at all.......

chris-lytle-blood.jpg

2243749c-66d2-4de5-b4b3-6e3e39f1bc6e.jpg

rory-macdonald-ufc-189-nose-foot.jpg

20131228_jla_aj4_534.0.1388308836.jpg

733f640ec2166988d633d006400d9f70.jpg
Oh please,you can find pictures just like this in boxing or any other full contact sport. Big fucking deal. Stick to watching bowling or something more your speed.

I think MMA is safer than boxing. You got guys in MMA that can avoid alot of long term damage with their offensive grappling. In boxing,unless your a defensive wizard like Floyd or Rigondeaux,theres just no avoiding taking constant blows to the head in training and fights,and for 12 rounds no less. The wear and tear on an mma fighter might be worse,but at least they are more likely to avoid being punch drunk later in life.

Oh please,you can pictures just like this in boxing or any other full contact sport. Big fucking deal. Stick to watching bowling or something more your speed.

No shit Sherlock. Where did I say it bothered me? Doesn't change the fact that MMA is barbaric at times.

This is where I have a problem, did you actually mourn his death? Are your thoughts and prayers really with Matt Hugh's?
This fucking shit with the god damn public acting like they know these people is fucking sickening.
Does people actually get down on their knees and pray for Matt or is she down there sucking dick because this is all bullshit.
You take the risk and Tim probably had an unforeseen issue where he should not have been fighting plain and simple.
Look at Mark Coleman that fucking guy has literally been to the Sunni triangle because their is no hell sorry to disappoint and back and he is fine.
One incident happens every so often and the liberals get off their knees and come out of the fucking woodwork criticizing.

You are always mad lol.

Barbaric? No, the Greeks called it pankration, man to man hand to hand is a legit sport in a civilised society and has been throughout history.

With what we now know about brain trauma is partaking in it advisable? No, but people should be allowed compete if they wish.

Quit name calling over the internet because it proves you are not a bad ass as you try and act. I quote "you act like and probably smell like pussy" due to your actions
I have the right to state my opinion like everybody else and don't need an internet badass throwing rocks because he is to much of a pussy to get closer.

You call him out for name calling, and then proceed to name call... Interesting....

I suppose. but apart from head hunting linebackers and safeties, there are also cornerbacks trying to play tight coverage, receivers trying to catch passes, tailbacks trying to score etc. the whole game isn't about injuring someone.
Had a dude break his neck during a JV game, got nailed hard by a pair someones.. Cant remember now I think Linebackers.. Ended this guys sports career. He learned to walk again eventually, then died in a motorcycle accident some years later...

No disrespect but it shows how bad the level if striking/defense is in mma for the most part. That guy did not die only bc of that punch in that boxing match....he got ktfo several times in mma and getting into a boxing match was the nail in the coffin.

It's exactly the opposite.

Well defined and stylized combat sports have always been a fruit of civilization, not a throw back to barbarism. From the Greek pankration, to the Roman gladiators, to the rise of modern boxing under the British Empire, it's always been an expression of the highest cultures, not the lowest.

It's definitely a brutal sport. So is boxing. And that's why we love them.

99.9% of fighters don't die and 90-95% of them don't suffer long-term injuries, brain or otherwise.
I'm sure this claim is backed by extensive research on your part.

Back