Is Khabib a Judo guy ?

I know but seems to be that his foundation is judo, meaning he's a "judo guy"

Ali Abdelaziz is a judo guy and was training for the olympics in Judo. Though that has no correlation with anything, Ali is simply one of the best and most respected managers out there. Dude has Werdum, Edgar, Garbrandt, Khabib, and tons of other top guys.

Khabib's base is probably judo, but he said it himself. Wrestling is his main weapon.

I dont think people realize how much “Judo” is used in modern Jitz and wrestling. Im not talking about most the hip-tosses that dont work against anyone with abit of knowledge, but the philosophies of balance, unbalancing, controlling, the push/pull, the pins and pinning, and of course the finishing.

This, what people consider is basic wrestling and BJJ actually has ALOT of judo influence.

M8K3DA.gif

Submitting a 3rd degree black belt with a D'Arce
Damn
Definition of MMA right there, man is great in Sambo, bjj, judo, wrestling and normal jj. Put it all together and the dude is a beast, a hybrid, a machine!
Plus his ground and pround. All i can say is damn!

According to his father he wanted Khabib to be a judo gold medallist and when looking at his father's gym it seems that they mainly practice Judo? I know he's also a sambo expert but it seems that be started when he was a teen. BTW his manager email is alijudo@gmail so that's a hint there

<[analyzed}>

Judo and sambo are basically the same thing. The rules of the sport are just different.

According to his father he wanted Khabib to be a judo gold medallist and when looking at his father's gym it seems that they mainly practice Judo? I know he's also a sambo expert but it seems that be started when he was a teen. BTW his manager email is alijudo@gmail so that's a hint there

i think he had many options, he is a judo black belt also a sambo champion. he decided to go into mma.

his judo blackbelt should be fine in mma because it gives him better takedown abilities.

while judo alone isnt a good discipline in mma but khabib rounds it up with very good wrestling and very good grappling.

Judo and sambo are basically the same thing

no, sambo is a combat mixed martial art wich developed around catch wrestling, greco-roman wrestling, turkic folk wrestling styles, japanese jiu jitsu, tenjin shinyo-ryu jiu jitsu, kito ryu jiu jitsu etc.

Yes. Sambo and Judo are one in the same. Sambo plays different rules but they are taught the same throws and they both love arm bars. Leg locks are also in Judo, just not allowed in competition.

Yes. Sambo and Judo are one in the same. Sambo plays different rules but they are taught the same throws and they both love arm bars. Leg locks are also in Judo, just not allowed in competition.
Judo and sambo are basically the same thing. The rules of the sport are just different.

Judo guys don't get punched in the face...

Judo guys don't get punched in the face...
Again different rules. Some Sambo tournaments are grappling only. The mma style ones are a relatively new edition and def a better base for mma.

Doesn't sambo take a bunch of judo moves anyway? Basically we can thank samurai on a tiny island most of the world didn't know existed for a shitload of modern combat systems.

As for Khabibi, I mean you don't get much cleaner reaps than his clinic on Dos Anjos.
Alot of the grappling based Martial Arts that are in MMA can be traced back to the Kano Jigoro and his brand of "Jujutsu" Judo including Sambo and BJJ.

There are no punches in sport sambo either.
I won't continue arguing semantics but I trained with sambo guys along with my Judo years ago and the biggest difference I noticed was their gripping techninqe and love for wearing shorts with the Gi top. In sambo they love that over the back to belt reach and in Judo you don't see it as much.

<{outtahere}>

Sport Sambo guys don't usually transition to MMA. Most of the MMA fighters are trained in Combat Sambo.
It's interesting. Some don't adjust well to mma but most BJJ practitioners do. I've seen many Judo and sambo players that were competent but not able to really shine like they could before.

Sambo takes from Judo but they are not the same. Much of Sambo's basis comes from Greco Roman and folk style wrestling along with multiple forms of Jiu jitsu.

Judo is part of Sambo but they are not the same

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back