Is Khabib a Judo guy ?

migeru29

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
According to his father he wanted Khabib to be a judo gold medallist and when looking at his father's gym it seems that they mainly practice Judo? I know he's also a sambo expert but it seems that be started when he was a teen. BTW his manager email is alijudo@gmail so that's a hint there

Master of sports in Sambo, Master of sports in Pakration, Judo black belt.

He's a master of all grappling

Yeah Khabib the Jiu Jitsu master

giphy.gif

Judo tends to be a fairly big part of sambo and I'm fairly sure that Khabib has competed in judo at times in his life. Fedor competed on the international level in judo (which is obviously much more internationally competitive than sambo).

Khabib has legit skills in all grappling based arts. But that Ground and Pound is A-Level... Just needs some more boxing and he might never lose.

Judo is a major component of Sambo, which was created by Judo black belts and mixed with other arts in the 1920s

Other top sambo practitioners are also accomplished judokas such as Fedor and Minakov.

Doesn't sambo take a bunch of judo moves anyway? Basically we can thank samurai on a tiny island most of the world didn't know existed for a shitload of modern combat systems.

As for Khabibi, I mean you don't get much cleaner reaps than his clinic on Dos Anjos.

He started in wrestling and it's obvious he has a very wrestling oriented style of sambo.

Yeah Khabib the Jiu Jitsu master

giphy.gif
He competed against several high level BJJ practitioners in NAGA and won. He also trains with Rockhold who has won multiple IBJJF tournament and Leandro Vieira who won several checkmat tournaments.

He spends plenty of time on BJJ so he's well versed there as well. Not master but still quite skilled.

I dont think people realize how much “Judo” is used in modern Jitz and wrestling. Im not talking about most the hip-tosses that dont work against anyone with abit of knowledge, but the philosophies of balance, unbalancing, controlling, the push/pull, the pins and pinning, and of course the finishing.

Looks like ladyfingers dipped in coffee,layered with a whipped mixture of eggs, sugar, and mascarpone cheese, flavoured with cocoa-O. To me.

Back