is Jonnie Candito on natty?

Will they ever be?

Is any sport?

Let me jump in my time machine and find out for you.

If they aren't clean and have rampant problems with cheaters claiming they are clean, they will all have the stigma of being cheaters. They aren't clean.

DWbYw9Q.gif

I think it's analogous to the wearing of shoes. They allow for greater performance but have a cost to the health of the foot.

There are many ways people effect their training and performance.

It is interesting and, I suspect temporary, how the whole drugs are bad idiom sets them aside from other methods.

I wonder, would surgically reattaching a tendon to achieve greater leverage be the same?

When gene doping is the status quo for everyday life it will seem odd that athletes will be asked to reject all the benefits everyone else could access.

It's only natural for somebody into strength training to wonder how far they can go without the help of drugs. Part of that process is looking at strong people and making a comparison. But one always wonders if that person is clean.

If somebody asking "is so and so natural" hurts your feelings, it says more about your fucked psyche than it does about the person asking the question.

The idea that because "everyone" (it's never everyone but whatever) takes drugs, then it's a level play field is flawed.

First I'll give cycling example, because that's something I understand better. Some cheaters used to say that it was a "level play field" because everyone took EPO, but the thing is... those with a higher natural hematocrit count, lost their natural advantage due to better genetics that those with a lower count. Also, when the 50% limit was enforced, those with a higher natural level could only cheat 2-3% but other could use EPO to gain 5-8%. Not fair, not even. And there's also the money problem: some can pay for better drugs and better ways to mask them, some can't, and that's a huge difference.

I don't now much about strength sports, but I guess that people with lower natural testosterone would gain more from cheating than others, for example.

Sport is unfair tho, it would be pretty shit if everyone was perfectly matched. Why don't people on taking drugs to gain an advantage but other things that the very best can do that other people can't?

Carrying on your cycling example, team sky have a bigger budget than some other teams, they have better back room staff. That's not fair either.

In fact, what with the double muscle mutation in Belgium blue cattle being activated in pigs, I wonder why we havnt yet seen it in humans.

The recent efforts on curing the most common form of muscular dystrophy by changing a gene using a virus as the transport mechanism in dogs and soon humans will provide positive clinical evidence for the delivery system.

Why wouldn't you want to be completely yoked with no real exercise?

I'd be interested to see how many here would be willing to do a show of hands to say who has and hasn't geared up (though I suspect its against the forum rules)

In fact, what with the double muscle mutation in Belgium blue cattle being activated in pigs, I wonder why we havnt yet seen it in humans.

The recent efforts on curing the most common form of muscular dystrophy by changing a gene using a virus as the transport mechanism in dogs and soon humans will provide positive clinical evidence for the delivery system.

Why wouldn't you want to be completely yoked with no real exercise?

Humans have been born with the same mutation as those cattle, it is just very rare:

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/MedicineCuttingEdge/story?id=7231487&page=1

I'd be interested to see how many here would be willing to do a show of hands to say who has and hasn't geared up (though I suspect its against the forum rules)

Why would it be against the rules? I compete untested.

Half natty hear, 5g creatine per day. Although I compete in a tested fed and have passed an out of competition test. Cheating the system.

Half natty hear, 5g creatine per day. Although I compete in a tested fed and have passed an out of competition test. Cheating the system.

Creatine? CHEEEAAATTTERRRRRRR

Why would it be against the rules? I compete untested.

I guess I just assumed it might be seen as pro steroid discussion if guys were to come out and admit to using.

I think discussion is fine, as long as you don't go into the particulars.

From the rules:

Advocating steroid usage for any reason is not permitted.

I think if was taking anything I would be asking for my money back.

Not as natty as Mike O'Tren and his $700 duck eggs.

Don't think I would even need to state it. My numbers are pathetic.

I find this shocking. Lotta casual gym goers must use then ?

I wouldn't say lots, but yeah. Most guys who gas up only give a shit about looking better with their shirt off, not adding plates to the barbell.

Back