Is Hatsu Hioki one of the bigger UFC disapointments?

Gym talk stuff. Sandro was spoken about as the best guy out of Nova Uniao.
That got put to bed when Curran put him away.

Not really , he was winning til he got caught with that monster kick by Curran and was on track winning his next 3 fights. It was probably the Straus loss that did him in then the Frodo loss was the one that signaled his tenure at the top was over.

SOKOUDJOU
DEAN LISTER
SOA PALELEI (TWICE)
DENIS KANG (PRIDE)
CHRIS HORODECKI
KIMBO SLICE

Yeah man, it was actually a lowpoint for even Sherdog. People were all putting him in their sigs for favorite WW fighters, making threads on who would win between him and GSP... It really made me cry on the inside lol.
Lol

No one thought that. You're nuts.

Actually I remember that as well. Some folks regarded Sandro the #1 Nova Uniao fighter. In any case that was a big win for Hioki, and lifted him to #2 in Sherdog rankings.

UFC level this and that... At that point in time the talent in the lower weights was still spread out. Sengoku and Dream had many of the top guys in the lighter weights.

Actually I remember that as well. Some folks regarded Sandro the #1 Nova Uniao fighter. In any case that was a big win for Hioki, and lifted him to #2 in Sherdog rankings.

No. No one seriously thought that at any point. If you saw that it was a dumb post from either a troll or a dumbass that other sherdoggers were laughing at.

Back