Is Hatsu Hioki one of the bigger UFC disapointments?

well, actually after looking at his record again..

It's pretty clear the UFC represented the toughest competition he's faced In his career.

Maybe he was just a little overrated, UFC fw division is a little underrated

No racism

But I never expect anything out of the Asian fighters

Except the LEECH

That boy fucking bangs

Well he's Asian so I wasnt expecting much other than being fodder for highlight reels.

No probably Cro Cop, Dustin Hazelett, Lombard, Big Rigg, Akiyama, Ubereem even though he is probably going to challenge for the title again. (losses to Big Ben, Browne, Big Foot) Nick Diaz, Jason Miller, Gilbert Melendez, Sean Gannon, Palhares.

wonder what happened to him

hioki was legit
Legit 1 FW (anyone remember that)

Seriously though, he was legit. He was always competitive despite losing. He had a strong skillset -- better than those results would indicate. People don't seem to properly understand it, but there's a shitton of luck involved in a person's overall record. Some guys have better records than they should, some have worse, and I think Hioki has a much worse record than you'd expect from the average fighter with his level of skill.

I was disappointed with his run for sure.

Another one that got me was Horiguchi, young with all the talent in the world and the UFC just lets him go... he put up one of the closest fights with MM at like 24 years old, if they would've resigned him I think he would have had a solid chance to beat MM by now or maybe a little further down the road.

He is in Rizin last time I checked so it could have been worse, he is making good money and not fighting killers every anymore.

Most of hioki's UFC fight, he actually did good tho lol. He might've lost but he legit did good.

Hioki doesn't suck, but his UFC record sucks. That is disappointing, but I think it's always more disappointing when a guy I think is good turns out to be a can. Hatsu wasn't a can.

Well he's Asian so I wasnt expecting much other than being fodder for highlight reels.
"Fodder by highlight reels"
U havnt even seen his fights lol. Go back to watching sage northcut.

Watching his fights in Shooto and Sengoku...i was hyped when he signed...

I was also hyped for Gomi...Gono...CroCop...and they all failed...
CroCop mentaly retired after winning the OP GP...and fucking up his knee while getting koed by Gonzaga didn't help

Gomi...i was hyped...but he lost his heart and somehow his whole ground game

Gono...i was hyped too...he was 1-1 and then Fitch fitched him and got cut...

(...i was hyped for Gaethje...and he deliverd)

"Fodder by highlight reels"
U havnt even seen his fights lol. Go back to watching sage northcut.
I've watched him in 3 fights and I've never watched Sage. So youre a dumbass making assumption. There is alot of precedence in asians getting ktfo. But you're obviously to butthurt and triggered to use any sort of critical thinking or comprehnsion.
Edit: shall I post hioki's last fight? Maybe him vs Hooker? Or will that overload you with to much butthurt. Asians get ko'd in glorious fashion it's okay though.

Last edited:
I've watched him in 3 fights and I've never watched Sage. So youre a dumbass making assumption.
If u actually watch his UFC fights, ull no that he did pretty good. Yes he got ktfo for the very first time by dan hooker but he was winning the whole time and hurt hooker with a up kick to the body. Charles oliveira got him with a nice choke which was hioki's first time getting sub. That fight was actually a nice competitive back and forth fight. From what I remember hioki was actually winning the stand up exchanges (I could be wrong) but it was definitely a fun back and forth fight until he sub hioki.

If u actually watch his UFC fights, ull no that he did pretty good. Yes he got ktfo for the very first time by dan hooker but he was winning the whole time and hurt hooker with a up kick to the body. Charles oliveira got him with a nice choke which was hioki's first time getting sub. That fight was actually a nice competitive back and forth fight. From what I remember hioki was actually winning the stand up exchanges (I could be wrong) but it was definitely a fun back and forth fight until he sub hioki.
I never once knocked Hioki on his fighting ability or said he didn't do good. Nor was my premise about that. There needs to be reading and comprehension test before ppl are allowed to post. They get in their feels misconstrue and make a knee jerk post about something that was literally not brought up. Kinda pathetic bc it's fairly rampant on here

Last edited:
Yeah, me and a bunch of Weaboos were saying that he was going to come over and smack Aldo up for that strap. Like 3 fights in to this run we were like

<puh-lease75>
I remember watching it and being like this dude has no chance against aldo... It's like he knew but damn should of taken it for the what if.

He didn't have much in the way of adjustments and gameplanning. I swear Hooker telegraphed that head kick like 3 times in a row and Hioki didn't change anything in his head movement or approach lol. He fought the same way every time that shit works in Shooto but not in leagues like UFC, WEC, PRIDE etc. His sturiking outside body kicks was mediocre as well

One of the best guard passers,

He got robbed against Guida against the top FWs in Lamas, Elkins and Aloe Vera he was very competitive and won a round against each IIRC all the 1st which goes back to his lack of gameplanning adjustments later on. and had Elkins and Vera in turouble

Back