Is GSP Afraid To Fight Woodley?

GSP is just doing what all the fighters are trying to do nowadays. That is take fights that have the best risk/reward ratios. Woodley is a huge risk with little reward so GSP doesn't want that.

Even his most ardent supporters have to realize that his reluctance to fight Woodley is very telling. Tyron would be one of the toughest opponents of GSP's entire career - fast, strong, good wrestling, great take down defense, power in both hands, and blistering speed when he's fresh - George don't want none of that. He'd rather starve himself and move down to 155 to fight a more suitable style match up in Khabib? What do you think?
Gains nothing from fighting him, he beat the best at WW constantly for years

You guys must have low IQs or not understand the fight game.

Khabib = better for his legacy, takes his undefeated record, bigger payday, first 3 division champ ever.
Woodley = won't do much for his legacy since he's already the greatest WW, smaller payday, he already held on the WW title for years and Woodley has mutilple losses.

You guys must have low IQs or not understand the fight game.

Khabib = better for his legacy, takes his undefeated record, bigger payday, first 3 division champ ever.
Woodley = won't do much for his legacy since he's already the greatest WW, smaller payday, he already held on the WW title for years and Woodley has mutilple losses.

Eggzachery

<{monica}>

Gsp proved himself by cleaning out his division. I don't think he wants to fight full time anymore, he just wants to make money and I don't blame him. He probably doesn't like woodley, neither do I and I wouldn't give that guy a money fight either

Gsp is a lot better than Woodley so why would he be afraid?? Gsp is still adjusting to his weight without the horse meat

Gsp proved himself by cleaning out his division. I don't think he wants to fight full time anymore, he just wants to make money and I don't blame him. He probably doesn't like woodley, neither do I and I wouldn't give that guy a money fight either

He needs to earn it, he doesn’t get that having the worst title defense fight ever doesn’t make people jump to their wallets to buy a ppv

This thread is everything wrong with Sherdog.

a guy who has beaten everyone he has faced is afraid to fight Woodley?

HAHAHA and Woodley is absolutley no challenge, he is worse everywhere, Wrestling, Striking, BJJ, Fight IQ, i mean what does Woodley bring that would interest GSP?

zero challenge and did the WW title reign already add in the fact Woodley isnt a draw and no one wants to watch him fight.

So this whole thread is just so you trolls can lick each other balls.

You don't call dominating the best of the best in your division over several years spectacular fashion?
No because "spectacular fashion" is referencing the manor in which he won those fights. If u think sitting in someones guard with zero attempts to pass throwing zero damage rabbit punches while burying your head on their chest and STILL coming out with more damage on his face at the end is spectacular then I would hate to see what you think boring is.

prime gsp would tool woodley worse than rory..

let the man have his money fights.. he's earned it

No because "spectacular fashion" is referencing the manor in which he won those fights. If u think sitting in someones guard with zero attempts to pass throwing zero damage rabbit punches while burying your head on their chest and STILL coming out with more damage on his face at the end is spectacular then I would hate to see what you think boring is.

To whom did he do this to?

Not this again.

GSP doesn't give a fuck about Tyron. He did everything there was to do at WW.

Tyron has already been defeated before and has some of the worst title defenses.

It doesn't add anything to GSP's resume.

He just talked about all of that on Rogan's podcast. He wants someone who's undefeated or at least on a run and seems undefeatable. Tyron ain't that guy.

You have to be completely delusional to think beating a 3x defending champ does nothing for his resume. He can make the case he beat the best of a different era, solidifying GOAT status IMO.

I don't think he wants to get stuck at 170 or hold a division up again. Kind of why he left his belt at 185, so no one is waiting on him. Plus the nerves behind defending the belt seems to have become too much for Georges.

After listening to GSP on Rogan I'm convinced he loves listen to Woodley whine as much as we do. War Troll St. Pierre!!

He completely controlled and dictated the fight against the best of the best regardless of the stylistic match-up. And maybe ask Josh Koscheck how GSP went out with more damage on his face and how his eye felt after those rabbit punches. I think Michael Bisping also appreciates how "soft" his punches were. The only two occasions where he came out with arguably more damage was against the juicer Johnny Hendricks and his most competitive match-up with Carlos Condit who was a straight up killer in his prime.

GSP is scared that fighting woodley will turn into a snoozefest like most his figths. GSP can do what ever he wants!

GSP knows Woodley is a good fighter but brings no $, the juice wouldn't be worth the squeeze. Khabib is a lot more high profile and you get the option of maybe fighting Conor if you win.

Even his most ardent supporters have to realize that his reluctance to fight Woodley is very telling. Tyron would be one of the toughest opponents of GSP's entire career - fast, strong, good wrestling, great take down defense, power in both hands, and blistering speed when he's fresh - George don't want none of that. He'd rather starve himself and move down to 155 to fight a more suitable style match up in Khabib? What do you think?

As others have said, GSP has nothing to gain. GSP could easily beat Woodley, but there's the problem:

GSP would need to train like a madman to beat Woodley. And to do that, he would risk another ACL tear. He's already had what, 3x ACL tears? The biggest risk for GSP would not be losing to Woodley, but getting injured in training and not making it to the fight. If GSP trained the way he needs to, and made it to the fight, then he's picking Woodley apart.

But why should GSP risk that? There is literally no upside to beating Woodley. Instead, GSP is going to go to 155 and try to become a 3x weight class UFC champion. And working out to become leaner & lighter will be easier on his joints. He won't risk an ACL tear as badly fighting at 155. And even if GSP loses at 155, it doesn't matter -- he can just say he had a bad weight cut and retire in peace.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back