Is GSP Afraid To Fight Woodley?

Avoiding the question, I see. Allow me to ask it again - Name one guy that GSP has ever beaten that's as tough of a style match up on paper as Tyron Woodley would be.

Bwahahahahaha... Can't do it, can you?

Pre-USADA Hendricks was a better wrestler and had great power. Pre-USADA Hendricks also moved forward instead of backing up against the cage.

Why should GSP change Woodley's bum life; Woodley brings zero drawing power all he has is the belt and GSP has no interest in winning it again.

I hate when people use the term "afraid" when about pro fighters, especially elite level guys like GSP. Of course he's not "afraid" of Woodley as a person, but is he a cerebral fighter capable of realizing that Woodley is a very difficult stylistic matchup on top of being younger and a physical specimen? Sure. Does he feel he has anything left to prove at this point? Almost certainly not. So yes, he's probably not keen on fighting Woodley.

Two intelligent fighters with high fight IQ's in the same weight class.

I still think GSP takes it.

Did you listen to the whole thing, or just what you wanted to hear? He suggested Diaz would be a good matchup for Woodley, not that he wants Diaz to take out Woodley so he can rematch him afterwards.

GSP was pretty clear (as much as he could divulge) that his interests lie outside of 170, and taking the zero losses and 155lb belt off of Khabib. He's not scared of Tyron and maybe GSP simply doesn't want to reward Woodley. Regardless, that's a Woodley problem and not a GSP problem.

GSP paid his dues in the UFC, maybe GSP feels that Woodley should do the same too. Who knows for sure, but GSP's marching to the beat of his own drum, not Cryon's. If Woodley and his 14 fans don't understand that, it'll be something they have to live with.
Holy fuck some logic up in this bitch with someone who actually listened and knows the context. Bravo sir,you're a rarity.

Let's see if that old trick, call somebody a coward, works on a vet like GSP...

TS, the pistols-at-dawn era is dead and buried. Since some genius asked, "Hey, what the hell are we doing?"

Gsp dominated in spectacular fashion? You should be embarrassed to call yourself an mma fan.
You don't call dominating the best of the best in your division over several years spectacular fashion?

Would be silly if he was. He’d whoop Woodleys ass

Better to be knocked out by a tall, roided Nate Marquardt than a short, clean Matt Serra.

It's funny a Jon Jones gif head kicking DC clean brings cries of dirty bird, but Nate "I popped how many times now" Marquardt gets big kudos because he and Rory were only one to come straight at TWood at least Rory wasn't all juiced boxed like Nate... (I hope?)

Let's see if that old trick, call somebody a coward, works on a vet like GSP...

TS, the pistols-at-dawn era is dead and buried.

It worked once when Nick talked his way to title shot but at least he moved the needle, there isn't much upside to a Woodley fight. If Dana says “you ask fans if they want to see Woodley fight again, I think that will be a flat out no”, how excited do you think the UFC is in setting up Woodley vs. GSP?

Woodley is arguably the least popular champ in UFC history. He is up there with Tim Silvia. There is no money in fighting Woodley, he brings a minute fan base. GSP make $ when he fights a popular fighter that people pay to see fight.
That's not even close to being true.

GSP haters are too afraid to admit that deep down, they really love him.

tumblr_meeojfTIFX1qfbfqro1_400.gif

GSP isn't scared of Woodley.
Nate was juiced to the gills in this fight and got dropped numerous times lol.

Nowadays he's losing decisions to Vitor.

I neither hate nor love GSP,, I jut call it like I see it. And I think there's merit in believing he wants none of Woodley for fear of losing.

He doesn't have a fear of losing when it comes to Woodley, he fears that less people want to pay to watch that fight and justifiably so. He is here to make some cash and Woodley isn't the best option.

Woodley has a draw, a majority win and a pathetic UD against Maia.

The suggestion GSP has anything to prove against this guy is a fucking joke.

Woodley is just another WW, who happens to be holding the title. He would be just another name on his fight finder, no different than the other WWs he smashed around for years all over his wiki page.

He's nothing compared to Georges. Georges is trophy hunting, and Tyron wouldn't make his mantle.

Tyron's lasting impression will be racist meme's. His performances and career will be remembered like another middle of the road champion.

He doesn't have a fear of losing when it comes to Woodley, he fears that less people want to pay to watch that fight and justifiably so. He is here to make some cash and Woodley isn't the best option.

Well, that's lame. And also incorrect in terms of what George himself has said.

Nate was juiced to the gills in this fight and got dropped numerous times lol.

Nowadays he's losing decisions to Vitor.

Not to mention that fight was also 6 years ago.

Well, that's lame. And also incorrect in terms of what George himself has said.

Why would he waste his time on a fight, the UFC doesn't want? Woodley's been crying for it but as far as I know, no official offer has been made to GSP or his team.

He has no interest in winning and defending the WW belt; IMO, only way he would go after it, is if there was someone he really disliked was holding it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back