Is Eddie Alvarez even considers a good win?

*considered.

Before facing conor, Alvarez was 3-1 in the ufc. His first loss was to cowboy, then he had two split decison wins over giblert and pettis.. which he arguably lost. go rewatch those fights and make an argument that eddie is elite in any way. he doesnt excel in any form of fighting. his striking is sloppy, his wrestling is amateurish, and his fight iq is below average.. in his fight vs RDA he was getting worked the entire round until a fluke punch happened to clip rda. he proceeds to get worked by mcgregor then go 1-1-1 after that.

mcgregors best wins all have some sort of asterisk on them. 2 week mendes, pre-hair dustin, young holloway, and post prime first fight in 500+ days aldo. when he faced someone his size he got choked out and had to go to a majority decision to eek out a win in the second fight.

khabib 2nd round submission.

So much estrogen in one post. You might want to look into replacement therapy.

I don't even like Conor, but yes, it's a good win. Eddie has fought for years, and no one has EVER made him look that bad. The reason you don't think it's a good win is because of just how bad Eddie looked against Conor, but that says a lot more about Conor than it does about Eddie.

Beating a guy who rose to the top everywhere he went would be considered a great win imo.

This is where things get carried away with busting Conor's balls.

Alvarez was a great win. It was objectively an epic win given just how badly, and spectacularly he beat the shit out of him.

I like the majority of the MMA world believed Alvarez would impose the proper game plan to get Conor out of there. His experience, well rounded ability, size advantage, and proven durability should have prevailed. It sure as fuck didn't.

I like most was fairly shocked at the size difference between the two of them on fight night. Right off the bat I was having a slight reservation in my confidence Alvarez would win. After he took out Conor's lead leg coming in, my expectations were once again firmly in place. Eddie's far too seasoned to stand at range and exchange with this guy. And if he does? Eddie has pretty solid stand up, and should be just fine while mixing in transitions. Then? That all changed within a few seconds.

Other than the 1st Diaz fight? This was the 4th fight in a row I got wrong with Conor, and the 2nd time he completely made me look like a fool with my prediction.

The guy deserves props for what he's accomplished. He's has some gigantic wins on his record.

Having said that I predict Khabib runs him over like a truck. He's just too much.

Other than the 1st Diaz fight? This was the 4th fight in a row I got wrong with Conor, and the 2nd time he completely made me look like a fool with my prediction.

The guy deserves props for what he's accomplished. He's has some gigantic wins on his record.

Having said that I predict Khabib runs him over like a truck. He's just too much.

RIP Khabib

Don't worry, my predictions are usually a kiss of death too.

*considered.

Before facing conor, Alvarez was 3-1 in the ufc. His first loss was to cowboy, then he had two split decison wins over giblert and pettis.. which he arguably lost. go rewatch those fights and make an argument that eddie is elite in any way. he doesnt excel in any form of fighting. his striking is sloppy, his wrestling is amateurish, and his fight iq is below average.. in his fight vs RDA he was getting worked the entire round until a fluke punch happened to clip rda. he proceeds to get worked by mcgregor then go 1-1-1 after that.

mcgregors best wins all have some sort of asterisk on them. 2 week mendes, pre-hair dustin, young holloway, and post prime first fight in 500+ days aldo. when he faced someone his size he got choked out and had to go to a majority decision to eek out a win in the second fight.

khabib 2nd round submission.
Eddie is legit. And Conor toyed with him.
That is all there is to it. And that is why I am in no way saying Khabib wins this fight, even though it looks like a shoe in.

This is where things get carried away with busting Conor's balls.

Alvarez was a great win. It was objectively an epic win given just how badly, and spectacularly he beat the shit out of him.

I like the majority of the MMA world believed Alvarez would impose the proper game plan to get Conor out of there. His experience, well rounded ability, size advantage, and proven durability should have prevailed. It sure as fuck didn't.

I like most was fairly shocked at the size difference between the two of them on fight night. Right off the bat I was having a slight reservation in my confidence Alvarez would win. After he took out Conor's lead leg coming in, my expectations were once again firmly in place. Eddie's far too seasoned to stand at range and exchange with this guy. And if he does? Eddie has pretty solid stand up, and should be just fine while mixing in transitions. Then? That all changed within a few seconds.

Eddie should have stuck with kicks and wrestling game plan. He kicks fucking hard.

Before he fought Conor, Alvarez's reputation on Sherdog was that of a "boring wrestler" due to this questionable victories over Giblert and Pettis.
After his fight with Conor, he suddenly began to be seen as an all time great.

Alvarez is a seasoned vet that has faced all kinds of opponents. He might not be top tier in any aspect of fighting, but he's a good scrapper and comes to fight.
I disagree with him having a low fight IQ. Sometimes he does weird choices indeed, but I've seen him best opponents that were better than him on paper by applying a good gameplan and sticking to it

Yes Eddie's an extremely good win.

This. Anyone saying otherwise is delusional. He's prob on downslope of career though now and people will most likely trash him when he loses a few more times but he absolutely has been a top LW for a decade.

Eddie is ok. Hes a brawler and gets beat on quite a bit by everyone he faces. I dont consider him a top 5 guy. He is a good fighter but not realky a smart fighter. He has moments in most of his fights where he is very close to losing. Its a legit win, but no better than khabib vs al to me for a belt. Rankings mean shit sometimes.

Yup he beat many good fighters like Gilbert, RDA, Chandler, Pettis, Gaethje, Aoki, Chandler. Sure didn't lose to any bums either

Dustin finished him 2 times , now you say how he is

Does being world champion even mean anything? Apparently not. Since it doesn’t even qualify you as a good win for somebody else in TS eyes.

Not to mention his DREAM and Bellator exploits which noob ufc shill TS doesn’t know about or disregards cuz it’s not the ufc

Of course, we all know this is because Eddie made his name and built his rep outside the UFC. Otherwise this thread wouldn’t exist

Why do you have to shit on Eddie to promote Khabib? Khabib's performances and record speak for themselves. You know you're good when people are criticizing your performance in a fight that you won 50-43.

Eddie has also been champion in EVERY organization he's fought in. Who else can say they did that?

Back