Is Darren Till overrated?

People are talking like he's some world beater, but who has he beat other than Cowboy? And let me remind you, everyone beat Cowboy this year. EVERYONE!

Without even outlining Cowboy's impressive resume before the Lawler fight:

Cowboy won against Robbie. I'd be curious to here a legitimate analysis that proves otherwise. Robbie got outstruck for the majority of the fight, pulls together a nice performance with one minute left in the fight and gets gifted a decison. Just like he did against Condit.

So, by mma math formula, Till > Lawler. Obviously there's no sense in using MMA math but neither is saying things like "..who has he beat other then Cowboy?..".

Feasibly. Need to see him in with an elite wrestling threat to assess his potential.

Am I excited? Course. As a scouser, I'm so excited but I'm also a realist, I know the limitations of English fighters are often wrestling based.

If he beats a really high level wrestler, sky is the limit.

I don't think it's as big an issue for fighters from this neck of the woods as it was. Dalby is a solid grappler and like someone said; Till was able to scramble back up to his feet even with his shoulder injury.

I think a lot of folk thought Cerrone was going to get him down and submit him - granted Cerrone is not noted for his wrestling - but he has improved on it, and Till stuffed or scrambled back to his feet the one time Cerrone shot in.

Till is talking a big game and putting his name out there. I don't think anyone has seen enough of him yet. His striking looks good, his scrambles too, but he's still a young lad who I'm sure is working on his all round game.

Cerrone is a grizzled old vet at this point and we know he struggles when he's on the back foot. I thought Till did to him what you'd expect with Till's skill-set. He's in that phase where he's on the fringe and the next fight (depending on who he fights) will probably be a big one. I could see it being Thompson as I don't think the UFC want him having a 3rd go at Woodley.

He's just a prospect. How can he be overrated.

If u mean is he the goat he says he is. It's too early to tell.

People are talking like he's some world beater, but who has he beat other than Cowboy? And let me remind you, everyone beat Cowboy this year. EVERYONE!

With how many wars Cowboy has been in, there's a huge possibility Till beat a shot fighter

Just 2 years ago Till fought to a draw against a guy that was clearly dominated by two average fighters right after that fight.

I think people need to slow down a bit on Til. Guys like Covington, Usman have wayyyy better resumes than Till. He is very unproven....
You mentioned Till's record. Now assess his skills...

Did you watch the fight against Dalby?

"EVERYONE"... you fuckin mook. 2 other top 5 guys, 1 being the former champ in a fight that could've went either way.
"EVERYONE" in the division would also lose to Lawler and Masvidal.
And how typical of someone to talk about resumes because they have no comprehension of what they're actually seeing in the fights

hes the best striker in the division

expect wonderboy to dodge that fight like his life depends on it

Back