Is Darren Till overrated?

He is English.. he went to train in brazil for a few years, to learn his craft. Doesn't make him brazilian in the slightest. It's the same way alot of ufc fighters train and live in the usa. Doesn't make them american.

He fought almost all of his pro fights in Brazil and has a fan base there, and has a Brazilian girlfriend/wife and half-Brazilian baby.

He's a bit more than just a guest of Brazil.

Just 2 years ago Till fought to a draw against a guy that was clearly dominated by two average fighters right after that fight.

Till dislocated his shoulder at the end of the first round, and still arguably could've won the fight. He clearly wasn't fighting the same after it happened. Other than that, he's pretty easily dominated all his opponents. He hasn't shown any real weaknesses other than sometimes not capitalizing on potential finishes

He fought almost all of his pro fights in Brazil and has a fan base there, and has a Brazilian girlfriend/wife and half-Brazilian baby.

In the same way he will now fight most of his pro fights in the usa, that won't make him american.

He has an ex brazilian g/f and now lives back in the uk. Just happend to get some girl pregnant while he was over there.. he even said she basically got pregnant straight away.

Ive worked in a different country for over a year, even had a gf in that country, doesn't mean im from that country, just working there. In the same way Till was working in brazil.

In the same way he will now fight most of his pro fights in the usa, that won't make him american.

He has an ex brazilian g/f and now lives back in the uk. Just happend to get some girl pregnant while he was over there.. he even said she basically got pregnant straight away.

Ive worked in a different country for over a year, even had a gf in that country, doesn't mean im from that country, just working there. In the same way Till was working in brazil.
<DontBelieve1>

There’s plenty of expectation for Till, but he doesn’t have legions of fans saying ‘tillbless’ and calling for title shots after a loss, like a certain idiot segment of sherdog.

So I’d say no, all things being even he’s probably underrated around here.

Truth is he looks good but we don’t know until we see him against more ranked opponents.

Lol... go embarrass yourself in the WR

People are talking like he's some world beater, but who has he beat other than Cowboy? And let me remind you, everyone beat Cowboy this year. EVERYONE!

With how many wars Cowboy has been in, there's a huge possibility Till beat a shot fighter

Just 2 years ago Till fought to a draw against a guy that was clearly dominated by two average fighters right after that fight.

I think people need to slow down a bit on Til. Guys like Covington, Usman have wayyyy better resumes than Till. He is very unproven....
To answer to your question, is Cerrone overated...?

I gaurantee at least 50% of the people hyping him so hard havent even seen more than 2 of his fights lol

im eh light heavyweight fighting at welterweight

ehm crushing these tiny littel fighters

never seen some dude brag about cutting weight so much.

People are talking like he's some world beater, but who has he beat other than Cowboy? And let me remind you, everyone beat Cowboy this year. EVERYONE!

With how many wars Cowboy has been in, there's a huge possibility Till beat a shot fighter

I think people need to slow down a bit on Til. Guys like Covington, Usman have wayyyy better resumes than Till. He is very unproven....
I’ll back till in every fight because he’s an English prospect. But I do think he’s being a little overhyped

I guess he is overrated right now. But his potential is really high and could reach the title soon. Sooner or later the senior citizens in the weight class will move on and Till looks the best of the younger fighters in the weight class.

Aren't all next gen prospects overrated? Isn't that the fun of prospects?

I don't know if overated is the right word..hes definitely a promising up and Comer. .I think the best term to discrIbe him is untested. .he hasn't been tested enough to know if he's truly great or not..cerrone was off that night and he hasn't fought anyone of higher ranking yet..so we have to wait and see I think..

Back