Is Darren Till overrated?

Kvolcom

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
People are talking like he's some world beater, but who has he beat other than Cowboy? And let me remind you, everyone beat Cowboy this year. EVERYONE!

With how many wars Cowboy has been in, there's a huge possibility Till beat a shot fighter

Just 2 years ago Till fought to a draw against a guy that was clearly dominated by two average fighters right after that fight.

I think people need to slow down a bit on Til. Guys like Covington, Usman have wayyyy better resumes than Till. He is very unproven....

no he is extremely capable to cut large amount of weight to gain advantage over his poor opponents

Usman vs Till would've been a good test for Till. I am still not on the Till wagon yet

At this point, probably.

But anyone with two eyes can see he's talented and capable. I could see big things from him in the future. I've said that about fighters who fell off too though. Luckily for him if things go south at WW he can pull a Rumble and move up in weight.

Best striker in the UFC.

giphy.gif

Well, maybe watch his fights instead of just the record, if you know anything about fighting you will see he's REALLY high level, and the Dalby fight u talked about he was dominating until he popped his shoulder

People are talking like he's some world beater, but who has he beat other than Cowboy? And let me remind you, everyone beat Cowboy this year. EVERYONE!

With how many wars Cowboy has been in, there's a huge possibility Till beat a shot fighter

Just 2 years ago Till fought to a draw against a guy that was clearly dominated by two average fighters right after that fight.

I think people need to slow down a bit on Til. Guys like Covington, Usman have wayyyy better resumes than Till. He is very unproven....
Way too overrated he has skills but way to much hype for nothing proven maybe it's the accent

Ariel helwanis fault

Imo he still needs a couple more fights to solidify himself as a top fighter

Seems like this day and age people love to overhype anyone who gets one big win

Overrated.He looked decent in his fights before Cowboy but nothing special at all.The Cowboy fight he looked good but Cowboy looked very bad like he did not even want to fight.I need to see more.

Feasibly. Need to see him in with an elite wrestling threat to assess his potential.

Am I excited? Course. As a scouser, I'm so excited but I'm also a realist, I know the limitations of English fighters are often wrestling based.

If he beats a really high level wrestler, sky is the limit.

Until someone can take him down, he's gonna be a problem
I don't think he can stop Tyron's shot though

no.

sometimes you just gotta actually WATCH a fighter, look at their skills, instead of playing the " who have they even beat " game.

if you know what you're watching, you'd see he's very good.

He's not as good as many make him out to be. Gets hit a lot for an outside fighter. Gus does too, but Gus is accurate, while Till lacks the accuracy to be a deadly finisher, also the power. The big thing is his untested TDD/ground defense, as well. The Cowboy win is good in name value only. Cerrone gets hurt at WW and is getting old.

But all this makes it sound he's mid-tier. He's not, he's got talent, but needs improving.

Colby's has the best win of the three, but beating Cerrone like he did isn't that far behind Colby for Till.

We'll see for sure soon, he's 16-0 and British/Brazilian. He's going to get the biggest push of the 3 I'm sure.

We'll see for sure soon, he's 16-0 and British/Brazilian. He's going to get the biggest push of the 3 I'm sure.

He is English.. he went to train in brazil for a few years, to learn his craft. Doesn't make him brazilian in the slightest. It's the same way alot of ufc fighters train and live in the usa. Doesn't make them american.

Back