Is Conor the biggest fraud ever?

Ronda Rousey is the biggest fraud in the history of MMA.

Conor McGregor is a mediocre fighter who simply played it smart - big on PRIZEfighting, low on talent, but in the end it didnt matter considering his PPV numbers.

Really? I get why people aren't a fan, and maybe skeptical that there's still grappling holes in his game...but low on talent?

You sure you aren't selling him a little bit short?

skipped all wrestlers? which wrestlers? mendes, frankie? more than half of the top 10 (aldo, jung, stephens,holloway,swanson, rodrigues, choi) are strikers.

beating aldo legitimizes anything, unless you consider aldo overrated, which I don't. got raped by diaz? He looked good until nate caught him and he won the second fight. skips over khabib who just ducked his last 2 opponents and wont even step foot in the octagon against credible opposition for years at a time. ferguson probably will be conors fight if he comes back to mma. I feel for ferguson. just beat the former champ and lost his chance to beat the man touted by some as uncrowned champ (khabib).

look at it this way, in the time it took conor to fight aldo to mayweather, khabib has fought darryl horsher and michael johnson. aldo has fought frankie edgar and max holloway.

the only person more active at the top level is max holloway who BTW isn't a wrestler.

i know youre trolling, but get real. conor is proven as the best by beating the best.

During Conor's rise through the FW division, the top 15 was littered with high level Wrestlers like : Lentz, Bermudez, Lamas, Edgar, Mendes, Elkins, Guida. You said it yourself, "half of the division were strikers" that leaves the other half as wrestlers, meaning conor had a 50 percent chance of facing one, yet during 7 fights at FW he only faced one, and it wasn't by plan—it was a short notice replacement for a title fight. He didn't go all those fights without facing a wrestler by pure chance—it was a management decision.

Conor has done a lot in this sport now, but his path to his first title shot was obviously a very meticulously hand picked one, and honestly I can't blame him—he's managed his career amazingly well. It's just annoying for the fans times.

Really? I get why people aren't a fan, and maybe skeptical that there's still grappling holes in his game...but low on talent?

You sure you aren't selling him a little bit short?

How's his wrestling? How's his submission game?

Where's the Frankie Edgar fight? Where's the full-camp Mendes fight? Where's the Khabib fight? Where's the Fergie fight?

This is just my opinion of course - but you're kidding yourself if you think Conor isn't scared shitless of the ACTUAL top talent in any division.

During Conor's rise through the FW division, the top 15 was littered with high level Wrestlers like : Lentz, Bermudez, Lamas, Edgar, Mendes, Elkins, Guida

And Conor somehow made it to a title fight without facing a single one of them. I say somehow, but Conor also made it clear that he had a hand in picking his opponents, so we know it wasn't just by chance that he dodged all wrestlers until a 2 week notice title fight.

Conor has done a lot in this sport now, but his path to his first title shot was obviously a very meticulously hand picked one, and honestly I can't blame him—he's managed his career amazingly well. It's just annoying for the fans times.
But he did face the BEST wrestler in the division and beat him. I agree that before the Mendes fight, he was getting hand-picked strikers. Aldo pulling out and him facing the true #1 contender and worst match up for him kind of nullifies all the hate.

It's too bad we never saw him fight Frankie.

But he did face the BEST wrestler in the division and beat him. I agree that before the Mendes fight, he was getting hand-picked strikers. Aldo pulling out and him facing the true #1 contender and worst match up for him kind of nullifies all the hate.

It's too bad we never saw him fight Frankie.

Oh, I absolutely agree. He obviously beat Mendes (though I'd argue that Frankie is a better MMA wrestler, but that's neither here nor there)— but Conor went six fights in the UFC dodging all wrestlers (tried to go 7, but Aldo pulled out) in a division full of wrestlers, then conveniently the first time he faces a wrestlers is when that wrestler has 2 weeks notice for a title shot? I'm not even trying to talk shit about Conor, but it just seems very obvious that his path to a title was very carefully crafted. Good for him for stacking the deck in his favor. He continues to manage he career excellently, but it continues to frustrate a lot of fans.

How's his wrestling? How's his submission game?

Where's the Frankie Edgar fight? Where's the full-camp Mendes fight? Where's the Khabib fight? Where's the Fergie fight?

This is just my opinion of course - but you're kidding yourself if you think Conor isn't scared shitless of the ACTUAL top talent in any division.
But that's not what you said. You said he was "low on talent". What you probably should have said is, "while he might be the best striker in the sport at the moment, he is low on talent everywhere else".

I don't think he's scared shitless of anyone, but he knows who the real threats to him are (Edgar and Khabib), but I don't think he'll be able to skirt Khabib forever. If he was prone to getting scared, he probably wouldn't be taking a fight against the best boxer of our generation in the ring later in the week.

Dude knows how to win and the best way to get the win and the best pay days. I get how it's frustrating for hardcore fans and haters, but I just find it ridiculous how it always seems to go to one dumb extreme with McGregor huggers and haters:

"He is a talentless fraud!"

"He will KO Mayweather! He will KO Woodley!"

Very few people around here can sit in the middle and comfortably acknowledge his strengths and weaknesses.

edit: rephrasing the original poster

Last edited:
I wouldn't say he's a fraud at all. He's a good fighter who happens to be an awesome salesman, he might be a great fighter but we won't know until he fights some more top guys. If he actually beats mayweather, or comes back to the ufc and beats ferguson and khabib, I'd say he's one of the best manlet fighters ever.

Not understanding how Conor or Ronda are considered frauds. They stormed through their divisions and the hype grew then when they lose you guys feel like it should play like a movie where they never get beaten.
It's based off jealousy and the need to be a contrarian so they can feel different. Guy is a force.

What I don't understand is why we're putting Khabib on this pedestal. The guy literally pulls out of fights all the time and pulled out of a fight against Ferg the day of the weigh-in. His best win was a pre-super RDA. Other than that it's Michael Johnson, who's very good, but he's not Holloway, Mendes, Aldo, Alvarez, or even Diaz. I've been done with Khabib for a long time. He's always complaing, and never fights. I think instead of bashing Conor we should bash him. And if those two are slated to fight I don't see it going any different than Mac's fight against Alvarez. At some point, these injuries take their toll.

I mean skipped all wrestlers at 145 and when he finally got one looked like a fish out of water until mendes gassed. Then gets totally raped by journeyman Diaz who never improved with wrestling or leg kicks. Top 10 at best even though we all love their (both diaz bros) toughness. Somehow this fraud skips over killers like Khabib and ferg for title against Eddie who never hould have been there in the first place had RDA not asked for easy - meaning not Khabib who beat him before or Ferg who no one wants to fight. Yet this conman is getting a 100 million dollar fight and hold up the vaunted LW division to fight one of the best boxers ever. (and he actually has ppl believing he can win)

Holy shit I feel like Im in the Twilight zone, He not even best fighter in his UFC division(s) and ppl think he can beat the GOAT boxer.
The dude largely got a name by being a troll who was well fed, and backed by an army of trolls (and the UFC owners).
Do we feed trolls if we want them to go away...?

<{cruzshake}>
No.

I mean skipped all wrestlers at 145 and when he finally got one looked like a fish out of water until mendes gassed. Then gets totally raped by journeyman Diaz who never improved with wrestling or leg kicks. Top 10 at best even though we all love their (both diaz bros) toughness. Somehow this fraud skips over killers like Khabib and ferg for title against Eddie who never hould have been there in the first place had RDA not asked for easy - meaning not Khabib who beat him before or Ferg who no one wants to fight. Yet this conman is getting a 100 million dollar fight and hold up the vaunted LW division to fight one of the best boxers ever. (and he actually has ppl believing he can win)

Holy shit I feel like Im in the Twilight zone, He not even best fighter in his UFC division(s) and ppl think he can beat the GOAT boxer.
Meanwhile Ferguson is getting dropped by a journeyman in Lando.

What I don't understand is why we're putting Khabib on this pedestal. The guy literally pulls out of fights all the time and pulled out of a fight against Ferg the day of the weigh-in. His best win was a pre-super RDA. Other than that it's Michael Johnson, who's very good, but he's not Holloway, Mendes, Aldo, Alvarez, or even Diaz. I've been done with Khabib for a long time. He's always complaing, and never fights. I think instead of bashing Conor we should bash him. And if those two are slated to fight I don't see it going any different than Mac's fight against Alvarez. At some point, these injuries take their toll.
Khabib is worse than Cain for consistency with showing up, but he's a nightmare match up for Conor. Even as a reasonable Conor fan, I can admit that the fight would be 50/50. If Conor doesn't put him away before they clinch, he's done for. And vice versa for Khabib. That would be the ultimate striker versus grappler match up of our time.

But yeah, Khabib is useless with managing his weight and staying healthy. I wish he would get the fuck away from ATT. He does get a lot of hate for his constant injuries and side-lining, though.

This is this biggest fraud:
DHcyigBXsAEGsXj.jpg

nintchdbpict000346106007.jpg

I wouldn't say he's a fraud at all. He's a good fighter who happens to be an awesome salesman, he might be a great fighter but we won't know until he fights some more top guys. If he actually beats mayweather, or comes back to the ufc and beats ferguson and khabib, I'd say he's one of the best manlet fighters ever.
He's not beating Mayweather - the fight is a cash grab spectacle.

Not a Conor-fan, but give credit where credits due. Before KOing Aldo in one of the fastest KOs the history of a Championship, he had already beaten Aldo psychologically. Mendes did well, but in the end, it was Conor with the win. He crushed Eddie. End of story. Yes, Diaz, a journeyman, won decisively and embarrassingly, but Conor learned and came back to take a very close decision. To say he is a fraud is just blindly hating. To say he is the best....who knows?? Time will tell. To be honest, his story isn't over, but he definitely has a Champion's mindset. There is no denying that from anyone.

Back