Is Canada the GOAT country of all time?

Yes, yes it is.

I am privileged to call Canada home. While I was born and raised here, my parents came as immigrants, and Canada allowed them (and subsequently me) to realize their dreams and escape the destitution and corruption of where they came from.

I have traveled far and wide for work, from the north pole (Iqaluit) to Punta Arenas in Southern Chile (one of the closest populated cities to the south pole), and while I have enjoyed and appreciated everywhere I have been, Canada is and always will be my home.

Now I am feeling all patriotic and am going to get a double double from Timmies.
What do you do for work?

That's a great video. With all the anthem BS that went on this year, you made me think about your premise. Well done @Overtures

But fuck nah, America is better

If you said Canadian people are the GOAT I would agree.

However our politics, healthcare, taxation, cost of living, quality of public service, lack of commitment to our military obligations, treatment of our veterans, education system, tax payer funded broadcaster, Celine Dion, treatment of first Nations, subsequent pandering to first Nations, Winnipeg, limited industry, lack of freedom of speech, and one dimensional culture outside of Quebec, probably keeps us from a top 30 berth in the GOAT nation status.
3062379.jpg

Pretty great country from what I’ve seen. Nice folks. Love the way they say “sorry”. Surry!!!!!

Because he would tap immediately to a sharpshooter. Duh.

Seriously though, in analysis, before he hurt his back, Gretzky was the most dominant performer of any athlete in any sport versus the standard "starter" of any era in history besides Babe Ruth. The comparison that was illuminating was Jordan, who would have needed to average OVER 100/PPG to match his pre-injury period (even ignoring the assists, lol). And in truth, he was the greatest hockey player in the league after the injury (Larry Bird wishes he could say the same.)

The dude's fucking Assists ALONE are still the highest point total in NHL history, more than 40 beyond Jagr's total (2nd place all-time).

Across sports, that looks like ~1,000 Home Runs, ~55,000 points in Basketball, and ~100,000 yards passing in the NFL. Whole career, even including the injuries years, that bastard was just under 2 points PER GAME. The guy had four 200 POINT SEASONS. He reached 1,000 points in less than 450 games, and 500 goals in ~550 games. He won the leagues equivalent of the MVP 9x times, as much as Bobby Orr, Maurice Richard, Guy Lafleur, Mario Lemieux, Mike Bossy and Brett Hull combined! Dude holds or shares over 60 NHL records. To call him just the NHL's greatest player is kinda absurd ... he is AT THE TOP of the greatest competitors in their chosen arena of any field.

Beyond that, he was THE guy that changed the ideal player model from the roughneck to the finesse artist. He was 160 lbs. in an era when the league encouraged kicking ass! He finished one season at 183 points, when 2nd place was 108 ... if your not a hockey fan, you won't understand this, but if you are ... HOLY SHIT! 70%?

Anyone who pretends anyone on earth was as dominant as The Great One is definitely under 40. It's not even close.

While yes, this is technically true, I am the useless kind of doctor (Ph.D, not MD) - I am a prof at York U, and travel mostly for conferences or consulting gigs.

As for bodybuilding, it's been a long time since I competed, but one day I will get back on a stage and flex for people in a man thong....:eek:

I saw this video and it made me want to be Canadian, and at the same time, wish the words in the National Anthem carried some meaning in the Trump era. The land of the free and home of the brave? Hm, that seems dubious.

Anyways, what's up with Canada? I'd like to visit.

You have TrueJoe so maybe yes!

I saw this video and it made me want to be Canadian, and at the same time, wish the words in the National Anthem carried some meaning in the Trump era. The land of the free and home of the brave? Hm, that seems dubious.

Anyways, what's up with Canada? I'd like to visit.

If it wasn't for me having a family I'd of moved out of Canada. Or atleast ontario, politicians and policies ruined this province.
We don't have the freedoms like the US does, Id like to know what freedom of speech feels like not this 'freedom of speech but..' Like we have here

Back