is bellator bigger than strikeforce was?

Sounds like he might just not fight if they don't let his buddy stay in. I guess what he does all comes down to NSAC.

That would be his only option. He will never get out of that contract. Ufc champions clauses never expire. You can sit out years, like GSP, but still be under Ufc contract.

Btw I expect Tukhugov to be fired and Khabib to reconsider once they throw boatloads of cash at him.

I don't know, but it was a fun fight and free. You have nothing to lose by watching with friends and having snacks. Bellator put on a good show on Paramount Network.

It's interesting to hear John McCarthy's commentary because he's a former referee who can give you inside information.

That would be his only option. He will never get out of that contract. Ufc champions clauses never expire. You can sit out years, like GSP, but still be under Ufc contract.

Btw I expect Tukhugov to be fired and Khabib to reconsider once they throw boatloads of cash at him.

It's fun to think about him being super stubborn and suing his way out if and setting a new precedent that makes stuff better for fighters though. Even if he only has one fight outside the UFC at like 35 it would be the ultimate fuck you to Dana White and co for letting things go that far.

Ufc champions clauses never expire. You can sit out years, like GSP, but still be under Ufc contract.

Hold on. If GSP retired and was stripped of his belt, he would still be under UFC contract?

Let's say he has zero fights left on the original contract. The champion clause is still active?

So the only way to get out of a UFC championship clause is to lose? That sounds like a slave contract.

It's fun to think about him being super stubborn and suing his way out if and setting a new precedent that makes stuff better for fighters though. Even if he only has one fight outside the UFC at like 35 it would be the ultimate fuck you to Dana White and co for letting things go that far.

Other fighters have tried this and it's never worked.

Fuck you to the Ufc? The Ufc does shady shit all the time but Khabib and his team acted like fucking barbarians. Tukhugov should be fired. Weird how people hate the privileges Conor receives yet want them bestowed on Khabib.

Hold on. If GSP retired and was stripped of his belt, he would still be under UFC contract?

Let's say he has zero fights left on the original contract. The champion clause is still active?

So the only way to get out of a UFC championship clause is to lose? That sounds like a slave contract.

Yes hes still under contract.

Also slaves didn't have contracts. Jesus comparing getting paid millions of dollars to fight to slavery is as dumb as it gets

Other fighters have tried this and it's never worked.

Fuck you to the Ufc? The Ufc does shady shit all the time but Khabib and his team acted like fucking barbarians. Tukhugov should be fired. Weird how people hate the privileges Conor receives yet want them bestowed on Khabib.

I think they should all be shit canned. I'm following the narrative that they let the shit talk go too far to sell a fight though, I don't want to drag this to worldwide or argue with you because you have a seahawks avatar.

I think they should all be shit canned. I'm following the narrative that they let the shit talk go too far to sell a fight though, I don't want to drag this to worldwide or argue with you because you have a seahawks avatar.

Lol I'm a Rams fan fuck the seahags

Yes hes still under contract.

Also slaves didn't have contracts. Jesus comparing getting paid millions of dollars to fight to slavery is as dumb as it gets

Well basically I'm asking if UFC decides never to let GSP fight again, then GSP is screwed in that he cannot seek another contract ever again.

I used the phrase "slave contract" in the business sense in relation to singers in Korea for kpop. https://www.allkpop.com/forum/threads/sm-and-slave-contracts-someone-make-it-make-sense.223301/

I did not mean "slave contract" to be a historical reference to American slavery.

Well basically I'm asking if UFC decides never to let GSP fight again, then GSP is screwed in that he cannot seek another contract ever again.

I used the phrase "slave contract" in the business sense in relation to singers in Korea for kpop. https://www.allkpop.com/forum/threads/sm-and-slave-contracts-someone-make-it-make-sense.223301/

I did not mean "slave contract" to be a historical reference to American slavery.

Literally all sports do this. Lebron can't retire tomorrow then become a Bull next year. Same thing with the Nfl, or MLB or NHL or whatever

Strikeforce roster was loaded. Bellator struggles to fill the main card let alone the prelims

Literally all sports do this. Lebron can't retire tomorrow then become a Bull next year. Same thing with the Nfl, or MLB or NHL or whatever

No, it is not the same. NBA players have guaranteed contracts. If a player is injured, he will be guaranteed $50 million if that's in the contract.

The UFC does not guarantee millions of dollars if a fighter is injured and misses the show.

After LeBron James wins a championship, he is allowed to then go onto another team like the LA Lakers if the contract expires.

This is not the same as the UFC. Once GSP's contract expires and the number of fights are fulfilled, then GSP is still screwed and stuck by the "championship clause".

The NFL has a franchise tag, but this can only be used on a small number of players, and the franchise tag lasts only 1 year.

"It was reported that JYP, Cube, and DSP Media had pressured artists into renewing their contracts after their expiration or otherwise they were forced to return a sum double the amount invested." https://www.sbs.com.au/popasia/blog/2017/03/08/major-k-pop-agencies-reform-unfair-contract-clauses

This was called a "slave contract" in Korean kpop music. Laws were passed to stop this because it was unfair.

Last edited:

There's no clause stating if Lebron wins a championship he's contracted for 30 more games or a complete season or any NFL / NHL / NBA / MLB / etc player. I was reading a sports contract law attorney's analysis of Alvarez's contract from the Bellator dispute and he said he believe's it's a violation of the 13th amendment. That's probably what this guy is talking about.

Last edited:
Strikeforce towards the end was really fucking solid and every card was great as far as I can remember, was good times !

Bellator is slowly getting there I think, only good for us fans with some competition and alternative, for the fighters its sweet aswell

I was reading a sports contract law attorney's analysis of Alvarez's contract from the Bellator dispute and he said he believe's it's a violation of the 13th amendment. That's probably what this guy is talking about.

It sounds like Bellator's clause is better than the UFC's. Bellator can match contract offers.

"When the sport's largest promotion, the UFC, offered Alvarez a contract, Bellator officials said they matched the deal word-for-word". http://forum.mmajunkie.com/forum/threads/eddie-alvarezs-contract-dispute-is-over.57195/

Bellator seems to have allowed Alvarez to explore other contracts with other organizations. Does the UFC clause even allow GSP to look at other contracts?

Where is all this Khabib going to Bellator talk coming from?

Idiots thinking a tweet from 50c means something
Like there is no such thing as a contract or contract tampering etc.

Scott Coker is a great scout of talent but hes not a good fighter promoter IMO

At least the second time this thread has come up.

Bellator is bigger than strike force was.

Strifeforce was an image built on fakery. It was a quick burning candle.

It's a hard question to answer in the sense Strikeforce got absorbed by The UFC. So no since it's now basically part of The UFC and The UFC still is way bigger than Bellator. Some of their best stayed and are still there, many didn't and ended up in Bellator. Hard to say. I don't think there's a right or wrong answer TBH. One thing that is pretty obvious. Bellator is a reject ground for UFC former Strikeforce talent with a few exceptions like MVP, etc.

Back