Is ANYONE gonna step up to fight Romero?

Can you blame Anderson? At 43 years old, two failed drug tests, and he has 1 victory since 2012... I would be calling out easy matchups for himself too! Especially against a guy who has openly insulted Brazil. Still think Romero should fight in March in Vegas against Costa. Costa waited for Yoel as he pulled out of the fight and now Yoel won't wait until a big card? No offense but only ESPN+ subs are gonna be able to watch this cheesy card. Only other person really available to fight Yoel that would be main event worthy is Adesanya.
Honestly Costa waiting for Romero rather than take a short notice fight isn't worth applause or emulation he could have still fought Romero in Jan. Like TS is saying Israel should. Likewise Romero can fight Costa in Mar or April next, why have two top guys shelved because one is hurt. Cards need fighters not protected opportunities for Costa.

Not surprised Rockhold is calling everyone out except for Romero.

They should do it at 205 but I don't know if Yoel wants to take a beating that ends his career.

giphy.gif
That's a guy that will never quit!!

Man, how stacked would middle weight be if they hadnt let Moose go?

Yoel is made out of concrete, the best wrestler, and is a knockout machine. Your best bet is to point fight to win and you'll probably lose fans in the process. Would love to see him at 205, since he's basically the mw champ in many peoples eyes.
Whittaker didn't point fight him he went toe to toe with him it's why neither he nor Yoel will be seen until next year. Was a war. Even if if you give him a 10-8 round in if memory serves the 5th, it would only have resulted in a draw, not a Romero victory.

Honestly Costa waiting for Romero rather than take a short notice fight isn't worth applause or emulation he could have still fought Romero in Jan. Like TS is saying Israel should. Likewise Romero can fight Costa in Mar or April next, why have two top guys shelved because one is hurt. Cards need fighters not protected opportunities for Costa.

This post doesn't make any sense??

You do realize that Romero is over 40 now and has fought 1 time in 2016, 1 time in 2017 and twice in 2018 that he missed weight for.... highly doubt he would turn around from a main event fight in January to fight on the Vegas card in March on less than 7 weeks notice.....

Let's use our head here because I really don't understand what you were writing lol. Who is protecting Costa by the way I'm confused? Romero is being protected if anything by being allowed to fight at MW even tho he missed weight in back-to-back fights, title fights might I add. Romero is a big name fight for Costa I don't blame Yoel for not wanting the fear of god smashed into him. Yoel will fade quickly and will be stopped in the 3rd round. FEED HIM

Why on earth would anyone do that? Romero is one of the scariest sons of bitch in the entire sport.

TBF the guy can't seem to make weight.

It's not just the possibility of fighting a slightly heavier/potentially less drained Romero, it's that there is also a chance the fight could be canceled or changed drastically at the last minute. Who wants the headache?
Romero missed weight by .2 lbs, which wouldn't matter in a non title fight.

The only other time he's missed weight was by 2 lbs when he took a fight on short notice to save the card, so stop exaggerating.

I guess I will go get my head split open if they will pay me 500k to show

Still no clue how gastelum got a title sho. Beat old Brazilian fighters. First semi fresh fighter (Chris) he fought he lost to. Robbed Jacare of a win. Odd.

If I’m Andy’s management I’d say NO NO NO WAY

But I kinda think he might do it.

Oh man.. I know its sherdog but did you have to mock a ma who's fucked after being hit by a train. Bit low rent that one squire..
<{hughesimpress}>

To be fair, it was entirely Hughes' fault. Not like the train was stalking him like a monster in a horror movie. Everyone in America 5-years old and up knows to not cross train tracks if there is any chance of a train hitting you.

This post doesn't make any sense??

You do realize that Romero is over 40 now and has fought 1 time in 2016, 1 time in 2017 and twice in 2018 that he missed weight for.... highly doubt he would turn around from a main event fight in January to fight on the Vegas card in March on less than 7 weeks notice.....

Let's use our head here because I really don't understand what you were writing lol. Who is protecting Costa by the way I'm confused? Romero is being protected if anything by being allowed to fight at MW even tho he missed weight in back-to-back fights, title fights might I add. Romero is a big name fight for Costa I don't blame Yoel for not wanting the fear of god smashed into him. Yoel will fade quickly and will be stopped in the 3rd round. FEED HIM
Protected Opportunity: Costa and apparently you think he wins this so he wants yoel to not risk another loss and dropping out of the #1 ranking, inversely Costa protected himself by waiting for the #1 ranked guy, image if he suffered an upset loss to someone Cannonier it sets back his career alot vs Yoel.
Costa vs yoel is a big opportunity for Costa and just another fight for yoel.

Romero missed weight by .2 lbs, which wouldn't matter in a non title fight.

The only other time he's missed weight was by 2 lbs when he took a fight on short notice to save the card, so stop exaggerating.

Stop making excuses and stop downplaying his unprofessionalism. He was obligated to show up and weigh a certain amount and has failed miserably two times in a row. You think it's going to get easier for him to make the weight as he moves further into middle age lol? He's also failed drug tests... he is very unreliable and you don't know wtf you are gonna get with him.

He doesn't seem to give a fuck and he is a liability; ergo taking a fight with him is a risk. Only reckless young bucks trying to make a name for themselves like Costa are going to be eager to roll the dice on this guy.

Currently the most ducked fighter in the ufc. Someone should just throw their hat in the ring cos a win over Romero pretty much gets you a title shot. Anything confirmed about which weight this will take place at?

I had Jacare winning their 1st fight. Seems like a good time for a rematch. Don't know if Jacare has the cardio to go 5 rounds with Yoel, but he has a good claim for a rematch after arguably winning the 1st and coming off a KO of Weidman

Wrong again, brother. Paulo is undefeated first of all which makes for an interesting matchup because this kid hasn’t really been tested by a true top 5 fighter yet. Yoel is coming off missing weight in two straight fights and lost his shot for the belt.

He already beat Rockhold and Jacare but Jacare just had a tough fight he will be out for a bit. That leaves Gastelum who is fighting for the belt. Adesanya is the only person above Costa that could fight Yoel. But what’s the difference between #6 and #7??? Sounds like a duck to me.

Protected Opportunity: Costa and apparently you think he wins this so he wants yoel to not risk another loss and dropping out of the #1 ranking, inversely Costa protected himself by waiting for the #1 ranked guy, image if he suffered an upset loss to someone Cannonier it sets back his career alot vs Yoel.
Costa vs yoel is a big opportunity for Costa and just another fight for yoel.

Back