Is ANYONE gonna step up to fight Romero?

Romero missed weight by .2 lbs, which wouldn't matter in a non title fight.

The only other time he's missed weight was by 2 lbs when he took a fight on short notice to save the card, so stop exaggerating.
Supposedly he was heavier on fight week for Whittaker II than he was against Rockhold, so I'm not sure the "short notice" excuse holds up.

the guy can't make weight lol.

He'd show up at 190 lbs.
Then the other fighter looks like a bitch for calling the fight off
Or the fight goes on, Yoel wins, and no one remembers the weight deficit

He should go up and anthony smith or something

If they paid Mousasi properly he definitely woulda been the guy to call.

Too bad they're letting the division decline.

Wouldn't be surprised if he fought LHW at this point.
They paid Mousasi what they believed he was worth. Which isnt that much. Moose didnt want that Cuban smoke anyway, hell he ran from Rockhold

No replacement yet? I'm in.
Just send the contract.

Supposedly he was heavier on fight week for Whittaker II than he was against Rockhold, so I'm not sure the "short notice" excuse holds up.
Well in his defence, I’m sure he would have made weight without problems if he was allowed to push off a towel like the fat fuck in your avatar.

<CroCop1>

They paid Mousasi what they believed he was worth. Which isnt that much. Moose didnt want that Cuban smoke anyway, hell he ran from Rockhold

Lmao Mousasi tried to fight Gus at LHW in his first UFC fight. He fought Mark Hunt at HW. He isn't running from a guy that got KO'd by Bisping. Quit hating.

On Ariel Helwani's show yesterday, Romero is the confirmed main event for that first ESPN+1 card.

Beating this guy - for all intents and purposes - pretty much guarantees you the next title shot at MW after Gastelum/Whittaker.

What do we get? Crickets from all the MW's. Costa's apparently the only one with enough balls.

What annoys me is when a fighter like Israel (and I'm a HUGE fan of the kid) talks on and on about how they're the best MW and the best fighter. Ok? Go prove it. You're not getting a fucking title-shot from beating Brunson. If you TRULY believe you're the best MW, you'll fight Romero. No ifs ands or buts. I know for a fact that he's going to try his damndest to bypass Romero en route to the title and hope he retires before he gets too much heat.

Maybe no one wants to fight Romero because he’s a cheater that doesn’t take the weight cut seriously and uses the professionalism of his opponents against them.

He hasn’t made weight for TWO TITLE FIGHTS. Fuck this dude.

Romero made weight for a non-title fight last fight at 185.2.

Shitty excuse buddy.

Who gives a FUCK if he “made weight for a non-title fight”. He didn’t make the contractual weight for his last TWO TITLE FIGHTS.

I don’t even like Israel but he’s right. Why fight a guy that’s blatantly cheating by not cutting weight properly.

Israel in his post-fight interview was pushing HARD for the next title shot. There's no taking it slow when you say those kinds of words. Nobody deserves a shot after beating Brunson. He needs a top-5 win. Who better than Romero? He says all the time that he believes he's the best MW. Talk is fucking cheap if you won't back it up.
Israel knows he doesn't have to beat Romero to get a title shot in the current UFC environment. He can talk, has a flashy fan-friendly style, and an undefeated record.

Dana will be begging him to fight for the title before long.

IDC Looking forward to Romero whooping as for 5rd.
If they make it past the 3rd.

Everyone now knows how the UFC operates these days. It's not about fighting and beating the best, it's about marketing yourself and getting enough hype to get fights. Why risk fighting a tough guy when you can just Conor your way to stuff? So far nobody else is as good at it, or at least the UFC doesn't like them enough to give them the Conor/Chael treatment, but that's what everyone is trying to do at least.

Lmao Mousasi tried to fight Gus at LHW in his first UFC fight. He fought Mark Hunt at HW. He isn't running from a guy that got KO'd by Bisping. Quit hating.
He fought a Hunt with not even a white belt in bjj <Lmaoo> so refer to Royce Gracie in UFC 1 please on the importance lol also Romero is a scarier fight than Gus, period. Moose is a never was having bum fights now innit?

I think Branch should step up. I know he was just brutally stopped, but he's up there in age, not too many opportunities left for him to reach the top. Besides they where already scheduled to fight before, so I'm sure Branch feels he has a path to victory. Beating the #1 guy would be life changing for him at this point.

Everyone is scared of everyone on Sherdog...

I think Branch should step up. I know he was just brutally stopped, but he's up there in age, not too many opportunities left for him to reach the top. Besides they where already scheduled to fight before, so I'm sure Branch feels he has a path to victory. Beating the #1 guy would be life changing for him at this point.
He's always been careful with his ufc career I don't see it, the guy who beat him Cannonier is probably the most likely he's used to fighting bangers and short notice fights.

Back