Iranian Woman Arrested for Posting "Nude" Photos

Rozko

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Social Media of Peace

https://www.yahoo.com/news/iran-female-bodybuilder-arrested-un-islamic-photos-095634078.html

Tehran (AFP) - An Iranian bodybuilder has been arrested for publishing revealing photos of herself on social media, the judiciary's news agency reported on Wednesday.

"One of the female bodybuilders who recently published nude photographs on social networks has been arrested," the agency said.

In Iran, "nude" can refer to any woman who is not wearing a headscarf or revealing parts of her body such as arms and legs that must be covered in public.

The unnamed bodybuilder has been sent to prison because she was unable to post bail of two million rials ($50,000, 47,000 euros), the Mizanonline news agency said.

She is thought to be one of two women reported in September to have taken part in an international competition.

Iranian women are allowed to take part in international sporting events, but must respect Islamic rules on clothing at all times.

Let's invite these people into our country! Surely they will adopt our morals and values!

Let's invite these people into our country! Surely they will adopt our morals and values!

You couldn't point out Iran on a labeled map. Admit it.

Great thread, TS. I, too, find it crazy that different countries have different laws.

Great thread, TS. I, too, find it crazy that different countries have different laws.
Different laws, or harsher restrictions on behavior? Lets not act like all laws are equal on the morality scale.

Different laws, or harsher restrictions on behavior? Lets not act like all laws are equal on the morality scale.

Difference in severity and harshness are still differences. You think it's immoral to restrict what women wear in public? Exactly how much of a woman's body can be legally uncovered to avoid immorality?

I agree it's harsh, if that's what you want. But "Iran has harsh laws" is hardly threadworthy.

Do you like your women bare foot and pregnant?

You clearly dont know many persian ex-pats.
All of the ones that fled after the revolution have been pretty cool people. I love getting drunk with my Judo coach.

All of the ones that fled after the revolution have been pretty cool people. I love getting drunk with my Judo coach.

Thats my point, Iranian regime is not representative of the Iranian people.

Their country they can do what they want.

But keep that shit there and they can stay there.

Exactly, hell, they are members of UN's Commission on the Status of Women, they can't be THAT bad!

Difference in severity and harshness are still differences. You think it's immoral to restrict what women wear in public? Exactly how much of a woman's body can be legally uncovered to avoid immorality?

I agree it's harsh, if that's what you want. But "Iran has harsh laws" is hardly threadworthy.
Morality has diddly squat to do with it, as legislating it doesn't work well in a free society. The definition of nudity in the story is absurd from my perspective. No headscarf and bare arms and legs = nude? That's sooo 495 ad.

I'll agree that making a thread every time a shit law penalizes innocent behavior would get monotonous. "Man thrown in jail for smoking a plant" threads alone would break the Sherdog servers.

Morality has diddly squat to do with it, as legislating it doesn't work well in a free society. The definition of nudity in the story is absurd from my perspective. No headscarf and bare arms and legs = nude? That's sooo 495 ad.

I'll agree that making a thread every time a shit law penalizes innocent behavior would get monotonous. "Man thrown in jail for smoking a plant" threads alone would break the Sherdog servers.

Is a woman's exposed breast considered nudity? If I say it is, am I modern and progressive or backwards and uncivilized?

A country with a continuous civilization on the other side of the planet does not--and, logistically, cannot--have the same norms as our culture. If an Iranian said, "Gays are accepted by society!? Whoah, that's so 3000 B.C." I'd tell them to shut up.

Is a woman's exposed breast considered nudity? If I say it is, am I modern and progressive or backwards and uncivilized?

A country with a continuous civilization on the other side of the planet does not--and, logistically, cannot--have the same norms as our culture. If an Iranian said, "Gays are accepted by society!? Whoah, that's so 3000 B.C." I'd tell them to shut up.
I say nudity is a complete lack of clothing. There are degrees of undress, but topless does not mean nude. I don't think you're disingenuous, or have a poor grasp of language, so I doubt you'd say a wardrobe malfunction is the same as a birthday suit.

Sure, they can, and do have ass backwards ideas. Doesn't mean I'll accept it without ridicule, or not feel empathy for those repressed by stone age beliefs.

Thats pointless, a shitload of Iranians dont consider Islamic dress codes to be the cultural norm for nudity or not.

Does she make weight better b/c she wears a hijab? Jonny Hendricks take some notes.

Back