Interesting parallel between the collapse of the Roman Empire and contemporary Western Civilization

Here's a very interesting response video to Stefan's video which is also interesting.

That's typical of Molyneux's selective and uncredited sourcing.

You know what's really interesting about this thread?

If you have the pic in the OP on your screen, and then scroll up and down, his bedsheets look like they are moving. It's hypnotic. Really makes the visual of that children's book pop.

They're actually my pajamas, not bedsheets. Get it right jackass.

Point conceded. Well, I should have left it off my list, as the dubious nature of that particular point muddied up an otherwise decent post.

I have yet to see one post in support of open borders here in the WR. Truth be told, I haven't even talked to a true open borders advocate in real life. Yet even Merkel, who's against multiculturalism, wanted to open up the EU borders. So where is that idea coming from? I genuinely don't know.
Are you sure you have absolutely no idea? There's nothing making big news right now that might suggest where that was coming from?

Not going to argue against this, but rather clarify my point, and nitpick.

Clarification - the common usage of "kalergi plan" varies from diversification of Europe, to population replacement. I'm at best luke warm to the idea, but as Brussels tries to force EU members to accept migrants against their will I say something's rotten in Denmark.
Point conceded. Well, I should have left it off my list, as the dubious nature of that particular point muddied up an otherwise decent post.

I have yet to see one post in support of open borders here in the WR. Truth be told, I haven't even talked to a true open borders advocate in real life. Yet even Merkel, who's against multiculturalism, wanted to open up the EU borders. So where is that idea coming from? I genuinely don't know.
I don't think it requires some conspiracy theory concerning population replacement. The EU was faced with an unprecedented influx of migrants partly resulting from the instability wrought by the Arab Spring and its aftermath. The EU and specific European countries have simply made bad or at least tough decisions in response. People like to blame Merkel but her job might've been easier if the UK and France didn't destabilize Libya.

Is this it?

cole-empire.jpg

Ah. Don't you think the USA is more like Sparta in terms of militarization?

Not at all. Always innovative, not conservative, relies on technology and fleet but not so much on infantry, imperialistic, interventionnist, complex alliances, fomenting coups to install "democracy" as long as it served its interests , relying on controlling trade routes, etc.

Many characteristics of the Athenian army can be found in the Cold War era US army.

Not at all. Always innovative, not conservative, relies on technology and fleet but not so much on infantry, imperialistic, interventionnist, complex alliances, fomenting coups to install "democracy" as long as it served its interests , relying on controlling trade routes, etc.

Many characteristics of the Athenian army can be found in the Cold War era US army.
I kinda like the analogy except "not conservative". That might be a matter of opinion.

You forgot "pedophile elite" btw. <seedat>

I kinda like the analogy except "not conservative". That might be a matter of opinion.

You forgot "pedophile elite" btw. <seedat>
I think that the USA compared with the USSR at least has an army where hierarchy is less important, and sticking to by the book procedures and approach is less valued. Also, it tends to be more meritocratic and valut is less based on age than on merit.

These general traits, I suppose.

But it is not surprising. Murrcans are less conservative than ROW in many, many areas. Which is what nurtures their succes btw.

I had a disorganized stream of thoughts today.

Much like Ancient Rome was sacked by Germanic invaders from the North and Asiatic tribes of the East, are we seeing a 21st century parallel here between postmodernism and the Enlightenment?

Is postmodernism the intellectual equivalent of the Northern European and Eastern barbaric assaults on civilization and reason?

Is this another episode of history repeating itself?

btw, if this isn't obvious, I'm speaking about the radical SJW lefties.

Here's a very interesting response video to Stefan's video which is also interesting.

I've only watched the beginning of this, will watch the rest later. But there is already a problem.

He says that the fall of Rome happened slowly over hundreds of years and this can't be compared to how quickly Stefan is claiming the west is going to fall.

But when you consider the sheer scale of demographic change, I think it's plausible.

Africa is set to hit 4+ Billion people by 2100 ... this is unprecedented in human history. Any humanitarian crisis will send MILLIONS of them north to Europe.

Unless Europe changes, it's doomed. I haven't seen any statistics of signs to suggest otherwise.

I wish I was wrong.

I will watch the rest later, but I can guess what he's going to say:

1. The statistics are wrong

2. Stefan is a NAZI

3. There is nothing to worry about.

I feel like we have a VERY similar thread on the first page.

I've only watched the beginning of this, will watch the rest later. But there is already a problem.

He says that the fall of Rome happened slowly over hundreds of years and this can't be compared to how quickly Stefan is claiming the west is going to fall.

But when you consider the sheer scale of demographic change, I think it's plausible.

Africa is set to hit 4+ Billion people by 2100 ... this is unprecedented in human history. Any humanitarian crisis will send MILLIONS of them north to Europe.

Unless Europe changes, it's doomed. I haven't seen any statistics of signs to suggest otherwise.

I wish I was wrong.

2. Stefan is a NAZI

I'd suggest just watching it and listening to what's being said. I definitely don't recall any Nazi allegations lol. The Shaun fella is rather unemotional in his videos compared to those he makes responses to. If you don't consider Molyneux's video a waste of time, you shouldn't consider the response a waste of time either.

I like Stefan quite a bit except when he goes off the deep end on his movie reviews. He's miles away intellectually in my view than say a Jordan Peterson, and more at a level of a bright, passionate guy as opposed to a real high end intellect. That's what makes Stefan so digestible to many, but as the response video points out, there isn't the tight academic style rigorousness to Stefan's research.

I don't think there's anything wrong with that though, Molyneaux makes a lot of time consuming videos and from what I'm aware of, doesn't have a strong academic research type background. He's a guy that thinks more than he talks compared to the vast majority of people, but definitely not as well researched as upper class thinkers. When someone makes an effort to break him down, you see some easy and interesting and notable cracks. Anyhow, I enjoyed both videos.

I wish I was wrong.

2. Stefan is a NAZI

That's nothing like the video's criticism, it's entirely focused on Roman history.
He outlines how much Stefan will selectively pick and choose facts to make them fit his narrative, including massive oversimplification.
He refers to the timespan several times throughout the video, because given the actual context of when events too place and how far apart certain events were, Stefans ideological narrative frequently fails to make sense or is outright self-contradictory.
It also demonstrates how much he tends to rely on selected sources, without actually crediting them, and how he just ignores his own sources when they don't fit his ideological predisposition. There's also examples of him completely distorting what those sources say.
Then there's a couple more general criticisms of contradictions in Stefan's analysis and his hyperbolic style.
In each case he gives a detailed breakdown and examples of exactly what he's saying.
None of this is new though, it's exactly how Stefan operated when he was focused more exclusively on political philosophy (or to be more accurate Ancap and libertarianism) before his big shift to identity politics.
One of the first videos of Stefan's I watched was the Salvation of Philosophy video, and aside from the incredible arrogance involved (he was basically declaring himself the "salvation of philosophy"), he would frequently bring up well established historical philosophies, without crediting their originators or development, and without addressing any of the well established responses/critiques of those same points (mostly referring to his exposition on the labour theory of property and self-ownership).

Back