Indian world champs?

Pakis will have some advantages though. They have a lot of Afghan blood and some Turkic. Also they are balls deep in Islam, a highly masculine ideology which probably helps for sports like boxing.

Boxing is haram.

Its genetics and supported by science

Mean lean muscle mass (kg)

black males = 65.6kg

White males = 62 kg

Hispanic males = 59.9 kg

Asian males = 59.6 kg

Indian males = 53.3 kg

Body mass index bias in defining obesity of diverse young adults: the Training Intervention and Genetics of Exercise Response (TIGER) Study
Andrew S. Jackson,1,* Kenneth J. Ellis,2 Brian K. McFarlin,1 Mary H. Sailors,2 andMolly S. Bray2

"Asian Indians had more fat, both total and in the abdominal region, with less lean mass, skeletal muscle and bone mineral than all other ethnic groups"

Body size, body composition and fat distribution: comparative analysis of European, Maori, Pacific Island and Asian Indian adults.
Rush EC1, Freitas I, Plank LD.

The lung capacity of Indians is 30 per cent lower than North Americans or Europeans or Chinese, making them highly vulnerable to diabetes, heart attacks or strokes, says a top scientist.

https://indianexpress.com/article/l...lower-than-north-americans-scientist-4960469/

At any given body fat mass value, South Asians had significantly less lean mass than each of the three other groups after adjustment for age, height, humerus breadth, smoking status, physical activity, and diet. Aboriginal, Chinese, and European men had 3.42 kg [95% confidence interval (CI) = 1.55–5.29], 3.01 kg (95% CI = 1.33–4.70), and 3.57 kg (95% CI = 1.82–5.33) more lean mass than South Asian men at a given total fat mass, respectively"

Ethnic Variation in Fat and Lean Body Mass and the Association with Insulin Resistance
Scott A. Lear Simi Kohli Gregory P. Bondy André Tchernof Allan D. Sniderman
The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, Volume 94, Issue 12, 1 December

The study also found that lower fitness levels among South Asian men could not be explained simply by lower activity levels. The South Asian men had lower fitness levels than white men at all levels of physical activity, which suggests natural differences in body makeup, the researchers said

How physically active are South Asians in the United Kingdom? A literature review C. M. Fischbacher, S. Hunt and L. Alexander

"In particular, there is accumulating evidence that South Asians may have a 'low fitness' phenotype which contributes to their elevated cardio-metabolic risk, and thus may particularly benefit from undertaking higher levels of physical activity [14]"

Should Physical Activity Recommendations for South Asian Adults Be Ethnicity-Specific? Evidence from a Cross-Sectional Study of South Asian and White European Men and Women
Stamatina Iliodromiti,1,‡* Nazim Ghouri,2,‡ Carlos A. Celis-Morales,2 Naveed Sattar,2 Mary Ann Lumsden,1 andJason M. R. Gill1

In South Asians, a unique obesity phenotype of high abdominal fat is associated with increased cardiovascular risk

The association between cardiorespiratory fitness and abdominal adiposity in postmenopausal, physically inactive South Asian women.
Lesser IA1, Dick TJ1, Guenette JA2, Hoogbruin A3, Mackey DC4, Singer J5, Lear SA6.

Studies in the South Asian diaspora residing in the U.K. during the early 1980s suggested the possibility of an Asian Indian or South Asian phenotype (Fig. 1). This term refers to a combination of characteristics that predisposes SA to the development of insulin resistance, type 2 diabetes, and cardiovascular disease.

Diabetes in South Asians: Is the Phenotype Different?

1. Ranjit Unnikrishnan,
  2. Ranjit Mohan Anjana and
  3. Viswanathan Mohan⇑

physical-strength-regions.png

This doesn't actually prove what was stated earlier, which was "Indians develop abdominal fat more easily than others." What you quoted just says that Asian Indians in North India have more abdominal fat (the authors should've clarified what standard that was in contrast with). A population having more abdominal fat is not the same as it developing it more easily due to genetic factors. The same study you referenced says the following:

"Possible reasons for low LBM [less lean body mass] in Asian Indians remains unclear, and genetic susceptibility remains uninvestigated. Since Asian Indians have been exposed frequently to chronic protein deficiency due to exposure to famines, food shortage, and vegetarian food, it is likely that these factors may have affected the skeletal muscle mass."

It might be true, of course, that there's some genetic predisposition towards abdominal fat amongst ethnic Indian populations in contrast with other populations, but, what you quoted doesn't say that. And, it's normally pretty easy to find statistically significant differences between populations with regards to genetics, even when those differences are not significant in any other meaningful sense, and intra-group differences tend to also be a lot bigger than inter-group differences. Regardless of any of that though, we're looking at a population of over a billion here. To think that it's genetics limiting 1 billion people to 0 boxing world champions is very simple-minded. It's a developing nation with vast malnutrition that hasn't developed a culture of sport outside of hockey or cricket, which they do well at.

Yup, this is pretty obviously true. I think plenty of the Pakistani interest in the UK in boxing is because of Amir Khan, and I wouldn't be surprised if England could field a team of amateurs comprised solely of ethnic Pakistani boxers which was better than what the Pakistan Boxing Federation can field.

India's got a population about ten times that of the UK but about a third of the number of amateur boxers, and they're spread out over a huge area. There'll be hardly any boxing gyms outside of major cities, there won't be much funding for them because there's next to no interest in the sport there. The pro boxing scene in India is practically non-existent because there's no money in it. You don't get world class boxers when you don't have kids going to boxing gyms.

"Asian Indians had more fat, both total and in the abdominal region, with less lean mass, skeletal muscle and bone mineral than all other ethnic groups"

Body size, body composition and fat distribution: comparative analysis of European, Maori, Pacific Island and Asian Indian adults.

What happens when polynesians the race with the most lean muscle mass and indians with the least lean muscle mass fight!!!!

guess who wins?

Again, this doesn't support what you think it does, for the reasons I already stated. The studies you listed don't really make claims on genetic factors, at least not in the parts of them that you quoted in your posts, which leads me to believe that your grasp of "science" is extremely tenuous. Do you understand the difference between phenotype and genotype? Data that compares the incidence of a phenotype in one ethnic population to another does not necessarily make any comment on genetic predispositions. A quick google shows that there's plenty of studies you could've tried to reference, looking at genetic factors for the sorts of phenotypes mentioned by those researchers interested in diabetes prevalence in South Asian and Indian populations, that were already alluded to. But, like as was explained in my last post, I don't think that's a big deal, for a few reasons, and it's very dumb to think genetics is the biggest reason for why India hasn't done well in boxing.

Anyway, seeing as the majority of your posts on Sherdog are all about Indian males being genetically inferior, I somehow doubt you'll be convinced. It's quite odd to come to a combat sports forum, read up on stuff here, and then only feel compelled to talk about Indians and not combat sports.

Again, this doesn't support what you think it does, for the reasons I already stated. The studies you listed don't really make claims on genetic factors, at least not in the parts of them that you quoted in your posts, which leads me to believe that your grasp of "science" is extremely tenuous. Do you understand the difference between phenotype and genotype? Data that compares the incidence of a phenotype in one ethnic population to another does not necessarily make any comment on genetic predispositions. A quick google shows that there's plenty of studies you could've tried to reference, looking at genetic factors for the sorts of phenotypes mentioned by those researchers interested in diabetes prevalence in South Asian and Indian populations, that were already alluded to. But, like as was explained in my last post, I don't think that's a big deal, for a few reasons, and it's very dumb to think genetics is the biggest reason for why India hasn't done well in boxing.

Anyway, seeing as the majority of your posts on Sherdog are all about Indian males being genetically inferior, I somehow doubt you'll be convinced. It's quite odd to come to a combat sports forum, read up on stuff here, and then only feel compelled to talk about Indians and not combat sports.

it is you that is ignorant of science. phenotype stems from genotype. a person with sub saharan african genetics is going to have a negroid phenotype. a south asian person with genes associated with south asia is going to have a phenotype associated with south asia.

study after study states the same thing over and over. there is a specific phenotype unique to south asians which is that of a high body fat, low lean muscle mass, high adiposity phenotype. if it was all about diet and environment then the millions of indians in the diaspora would be as athletic as other populations but that simply is not the case. an indian living in jamaica or trinidad is not going to be athletic just because he lives in jamaica around blacks and they have lived in the caribbean for generations. let me know when the next indian usain bolt turns up.

athleticism is heritable and indians through sexual sexual and selective breeding, evolved to be very weak physically with smaller penises

"the heritability of athletic status (regardless of sport) is estimated to be 66% (4). Height, which is critical for success in some sports, is highly heritable, with about 80% of the variation due to genetic factors (5). Body type (having mesomorphic or ectomorphic somatotype) is also highly heritable (6). These somatotypes are classically associated with power or endurance athlete status, respectively (7).

Costa et al. (8) recently reviewed the existing family and twin studies related to specific endurance and muscular strength phenotypes. Aerobic endurance, as reflected by VO2 max has a heritability of about 50% (9). Heritability estimates for muscular strength, and power range from 30 to 83%, depending on the specific muscle and type of contraction (8)."

Genetic influence on athletic performance
Lisa M. Guth and Stephen M. Roth

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3993978/

Last edited:
I never thought of east indians as being something that is predisposed to being thought of as inferior. My people, africans, australians and any tribal people really has to deal with people thinking they are inferior, but I never thought indians had to deal with a lot of that. so i think it's ironic that they are physically weaker but they're average iq is suppossed to be 85, amongst the lowest on earth. I thought my people would have low iq's but we were 100 on average. Granted, I really don't believe much in iq and really doubt I'd personally do all that well on them, just saying it's interesting that they're iq's are that low especially when many of the tops in our schools here and in our computer industries are east indians. I think stats are misleading and lots of times kinda meaningless but they are still interesting.

I never thought of east indians as being something that is predisposed to being thought of as inferior. My people, africans, australians and any tribal people really has to deal with people thinking they are inferior, but I never thought indians had to deal with a lot of that. so i think it's ironic that they are physically weaker but they're average iq is suppossed to be 85, amongst the lowest on earth. I thought my people would have low iq's but we were 100 on average. Granted, I really don't believe much in iq and really doubt I'd personally do all that well on them, just saying it's interesting that they're iq's are that low especially when many of the tops in our schools here and in our computer industries are east indians. I think stats are misleading and lots of times kinda meaningless but they are still interesting.

Selective and skilled immigration to the west is the reason you are seeing the intelligent indians. The poor and middle class indians are not moving overseas it is the rich ones and the cream of the crop of their society. What other ethnic group can move to another country and straight away buy a seven eleven or hotel? these people have money!!! In the case of mexicans it is the opposite the poorer and more working class ones migrate overseas and the wealthy and educated ones stay at home. So you will get a distorted perception of what these ethnic groups are like. Go to their home countries to see an accurate represention.

in regards to indians being physically less gifted, i see that as karma as they are some of the most discriminatory people on the planet. they invented the caste system a form of aparteid thousands of years before any other people had the idea or concept of race. they will discriminate of caste, ethnicity, race, color, gender, sexuality. these people are very bigoted. Look up the news and you will see a slew of rapes and murders over castes and bullying of the weaker people in society

as this woman is raped in broad daylight passers by and the camera man are apathetic. this is the real india

Last edited:
Ive seen pretty much every group on earth called both inferior and the best thing ever on the internet at various times. Ironically the chaos of it all is oddly egalitarian.

Selective and skilled immigration to the west is the reason you are seeing the intelligent indians. The poor and middle class indians are not moving overseas it is the rich ones and the cream of the crop of their society. What other ethnic group can move to another country and straight away buy a seven eleven or hotel? these people have money!!! In the case of mexicans it is the opposite the poorer and more working class ones migrate overseas and the wealthy and educated ones stay at home. So you will get a distorted perception of what these ethnic groups are like. Go to their home countries to see an accurate represention.

in regards to indians being physically less gifted, i see that as karma as they are some of the most discriminatory people on the planet. they invented the caste system a form of aparteid thousands of years before any other people had the idea or concept of race. they will discriminate of caste, ethnicity, race, color, gender, sexuality. these people are very bigoted. Look up the news and you will see a slew of rapes and murders over castes and bullying of the weaker people in society

as this woman is raped in broad daylight passers by and the camera man are apathetic. this is the real india

What race are you?

I think shiftyguy is a troll and you guys are just feeding him.

I'm aware that the us sucks up the best brains on the planet, i am but could you even imagine "computer genius" and "ghanian" , "navajo" or some of these other groups being named so praisedly? I can't.
Also, there are no shortage of Indians in my city who work at 7-11 and drive for uber/lyft, many of them with advanced degrees and many without. I'm taking an anthropology class, last night we were discussing arranged marriages and how it might seem backwards to us but our systems don't seem to work much better. However, I was in class and didn't want to come across as an asshole by mentioning the stories i've heard, about families killing their own daughters because they didn't want to pay dowry or because they wanted to marry a non muslim. Life ain't easy nowhere and I'll get down in the racial muck with anyone but honestly, I know we're all pretty screwed up and that there are all kinds. The worlds a shitstorm.

Ive seen pretty much every group on earth called both inferior and the best thing ever on the internet at various times. Ironically the chaos of it all is oddly egalitarian.
that's true, we all do that to each other. Looking at youtube comments you can see it clearly, whites call blacks monkey's blacks call whites cave beasts. We all dehumanize each other.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back